• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What technical problems have you noticed in the forums the last cpl months?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you on the new page with the colors or the default where it has XenForo?

The latter doesn't have a save/delete or I can't find it.

It doesn't save it forever though.

save.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My posts have been more annoying than usual.
What's the technical reason for that?
And the search function now yields difficult to read walls of text.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are you on the new page with the colors or the default where it has XenForo?

The latter doesn't have a save/delete or I can't find it.

The one that says this...

Forum software by XenForo™ © 2010-2018 XenForo Ltd.
Theme designed by Audentio Design.

When you write a reply, there is a tool bar at the top of the text box with icons to insert text or images or to highlight or bold text. Its the third icon from the left. Left click what looks like an old floppy disc and it should have "save text" or "delete text". (see Rival's screen shot)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not read the whole thread so if i am repeating consider it confirmation.

Long term

The insert image feature often fails. Although i haven't tried it recently, i work around with Upload a file so it may have been fixed already

Alerts are often missing. Only notice if i go into a thread and see content i should have been informed about.

Recent

Writing in the text box is interesting, the cursor often jumps to another position. Including into the quoted text.

I have a problem with my tablet that i dont get on the computer. Using the thread text box and moving back to edit a word either deletes the word or jumbles up the text for a few characters back and forth of the edit point. I thought this maybe a problem with the tablet but it doesn't happen on text input to other apps. Or even on RF when i am in the PM text box

The whole thing locks up, won't scroll, can't type, can't even close the program. Sometimes waiting for about 30 seconds or so fixes it, sometimes it required to be closed at the system then re-opened. This occurs 2 of 3 times per day.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It doesn't save it forever though.

This is what I have. I've never had a toolbar. More options just makes it bigger

Attachments

• Screen2.png
    Screen2.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen4.png
    Screen4.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • screen6.png
    screen6.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen3.png
    Screen3.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 0

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The one that says this...

Forum software by XenForo™ © 2010-2018 XenForo Ltd.
Theme designed by Audentio Design.

When you write a reply, there is a tool bar at the top of the text box with icons to insert text or images or to highlight or bold text. Its the third icon from the left. Left click what looks like an old floppy disc and it should have "save text" or "delete text". (see Rival's screen shot)

It's a glitch or something. I never had a toolbar like that. I shrunk the screen since I can't see normal size and still nothing. Probably my browser but I don't know where to fix it. It's on both firefox and chrome.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
This is what I have. I've never had a toolbar. More options just makes it bigger
Looks like you are in BB Code Editor.
When I get into it there is a link on the bottom left of the box that gets me back to Rich Text Editor.

I do not see that link in any of your screen shots.
Perhaps a setting somewhere?

rich text editor link.JPG

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Looks like you are in BB Code Editor.
When I get into it there is a link on the bottom left of the box that gets me back to Rich Text Editor.

I do not see that link in any of your screen shots.
Perhaps a setting somewhere?

View attachment 37642
Go to preferences ad scroll down to see if you have the Rich Text Editor turned on
step one.JPG

step 2.JPG

0000111.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
That's not really a technical problem, Thief. I'm not sure how far back it goes but I think you can still access all of your posts through the "Recent Activity" button in your profile.
Mine only goes back 100.
I have tried it three times.