• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What technical problems have you noticed in the forums the last cpl months?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, so we know the "Postings" button in everybody's profile isn't working and there was a complaint about the search feature acting weird, but what else?

We're getting ready to contact the owners to ask them to give the software a good kick, and I'd like to deal with everything in one go.

So, what other problems have you noticed here lately?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well.....ok....

I did receive note that I own copyright
and it sure would be nice if I could POSSESS the postings

it's one thing to have copyright
it's quite something else to have the postings in hand

how about?.....ALL posting by Thief
sent to my computer

I can then sort through the mess I've made

ManSinha

Images when being inserted into posts are frequently duplicated and have to be edited to make just one appear
Also when reading long threads - at least on a Mac using Safari - the web page tends to "jump back up" like the images and ads are being delayed in the display

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
well.....ok....

I did receive note that I own copyright
and it sure would be nice if I could POSSESS the postings

it's one thing to have copyright
it's quite something else to have the postings in hand

how about?.....ALL posting by Thief
sent to my computer

I can then sort through the mess I've made

That's not really a technical problem, Thief. I'm not sure how far back it goes but I think you can still access all of your posts through the "Recent Activity" button in your profile.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's not really a technical problem, Thief. I'm not sure how far back it goes but I think you can still access all of your posts through the "Recent Activity" button in your profile.
try sending anything to my email
posts that is

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Many times in the last week or so, RF just kinda froze up.
Couldn't click a button, couldn't go back to the last page.
I shut it off, wait a few and reopen it. Then it works, usually. Not always.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member

These are the five functions that no longer work for me.

rf problems.png

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Might it help to know which platforms we are on ?
FWIW I’m on iPad Pro.

I wouldn't think it would matter. There may be some platform-specific problems, but I think we're going to have to sort out the problems affecting everybody first.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I wouldn't think it would matter. There may be some platform-specific problems, but I think we're going to have to sort out the problems affecting everybody first.
You are probably right.
My thinking was that if there were any platform-specific problems, you might see a correlation.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'm having the 'jump back' problem too.
When I write a post, and after proof reading, I see a need to edit by deleting a paragraph or something, the text jumps to the bottom of the post and I lose my place.

Inserting a scripture will often create the same problem. I lose where I am because the text jumps back to the bottom instead of staying where I have put it.

Some graphics will still not post...we get the dreaded X. :shrug:

Minor things but annoying...

Laika

Premium Member
OK, so we know the "Postings" button in everybody's profile isn't working and there was a complaint about the search feature acting weird, but what else?

We're getting ready to contact the owners to ask them to give the software a good kick, and I'd like to deal with everything in one go.

As I recall from getting myself self-banned in the past, the ban may not necessarily expire at the right date. You had to do it manually by getting staff to delete the warning points. Not sure if that is sorted out, but it may be worth a look as that is an important one if its still not fixed.

Occasionally if you change your avatar multiple times (to try something out to see how it looks), the server gets confused and can have two avatars simultaneously- one in one place and one in another. The “delete current avatar” feature effectively resets it. Its a minor problem and is only an inconvenience, but it happens occasionally.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Someone said there was a "save" here?

I'm using the default version. I switched to the new and can't find it there either.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm having the 'jump back' problem too.
When I write a post, and after proof reading, I see a need to edit by deleting a paragraph or something, the text jumps to the bottom of the post and I lose my place.

Inserting a scripture will often create the same problem. I lose where I am because the text jumps back to the bottom instead of staying where I have put it.

Some graphics will still not post...we get the dreaded X. :shrug:

Minor things but annoying...

If you go to the default version, it shrinks the ads and takes care of the jumps. I had that in the past too; but, when I switched, it stopped. I didn't know the problem still existed for others.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If you go to the default version, it shrinks the ads and takes care of the jumps. I had that in the past too; but, when I switched, it stopped. I didn't know the problem still existed for others.
Being a Premium Member, I don't get ads. So that is not the problem. It only happened with the last upgrade I think...

In the tool bar at the top, the third icon from the left is the "save" or "delete" draft button.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Being a Premium Member, I don't get ads. So that is not the problem. It only happened with the last upgrade I think...

In the tool bar at the top, the third icon from the left is the "save" or "delete" draft button.

Are you on the new page with the colors or the default where it has XenForo?

The latter doesn't have a save/delete or I can't find it.

Shad

Veteran Member

The Search function does not search new posts made after Jan and Feb.