• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Technical Issues Have You Encountered on RF?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a subdomain from amazon that causes (or used to cause) the forum page to hang. I used to block it with my hosts file, but now it has stopped causing slowdowns as long as I block amazon ad-system scripts.

The ad server name is:
Code:
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com

I do not know whether this continues to be a problem, however it may be worth having the admins check it.

amorphous_constellation

To me it's always that I can't search for my own threads. I found it useful to do a scan of my previous thread titles, to make sure I don't repeat myself when I create a new one, and to do a scan of what I was thinking, because that can spark another idea I didn't have, when I wrote an old thread.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all,

I am preparing to contact the owners of the forum to bring up unresolved technical issues, in order of urgency.

Since the broken search function is perhaps the most widely known one, I'm listing it in the OP. Please post any other technical issues you have encountered so that I can be mindful of them when contacting the owners.

Thank you.

There's also the inability to post in the forum "The Political World," where the subforums need individual permissions. Somehow, it removed everyone's permission to post in that particular parent forum. I don't suppose it's been a huge deal, but that's something I asked about a while back, and they told me it was broken.

Oh, and it's not really a technical issue, but I was wondering if there could be a section for South American Politics. There's North American Politics, but no South American Politics in that section. There's no section for African Politics either. Again, not a big deal, but since you're asking, I thought I'd mention it. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The email notification thing not working. After changing my email on the site cuz I wasn't getting emails I couldn't access anything for a while had to contact @Rival on discord cuz i didnt know there was a contact us button at the bottom of the site and even after y'all fixed it i still dont get emails
Same here. Email notification for thread updates is very very handy and I grump daily at its absence.

Daemon Sophic

In my Profile Page, clicking on my Postings, it says an error has occurred. This has been the norm for well over a year.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No search. Log-in page can be improved. The long passage about chat can be shortened.
1. Mentions 'Log-in" twice.
2. When I try to click my nick, it opens upwards. That causes a jump. It should open downwards.