• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Strikes You About This Ad?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Before anyone complains....yes, I intend this thread to be in this forum.

Watch this ad, & tell me what comes to mind.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're both big business men.
'
He says nothing about his political views or agenda.
He only praises himself, & denigrates his competitor.
It's pure emotional manipulation....like him....hate the other.
What he'd do in office is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
He we go ... attack ads, attack ads, and more attack ads.
Revoltistan isn't even a country. That guy who thinks it is and it is he who runs it is a stupid stumbling ugly buffoon. I, on the other hand, and just a stupid ugly buffoon. I am not a stumbler. Therefore, vote for me.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
'

I got nothing emotional from that ad. I will admit he praises himself but without emotion or backed up facts. I don't think he denigrates Trump, all businessman have lost money at some point. It is a rather boring commercial.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This thread is about the psychology....exploiting people's tendencies.
It's fascinating that people are unaware that personal feelings drive
votes (generally), but agenda, policy & values are largely irrelevant.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
'

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
My take: if this guy turned a small business into a multi billion dollar company, he's probably pretty good at screwing people over.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
'

I disagree because I'm great, I'm wonderful, an amazing success....and you are no good and a failure...so my opinion is better, more important, and MUCH more relevant than yours....loser

I saw that add a while ago and my first thought after it ran was...."and?" All it showed me was that he could afford a nationwide attack add

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
This thread is about the psychology....exploiting people's tendencies.
It's fascinating that people are unaware that personal feelings drive
votes (generally), but agenda, policy & values are largely irrelevant.

Emotion is Greater/has more meaning than Logic to most people (despite what atheists and others may think), but most people also lack the ability to regulate themselves emotionally, leading them to being easily manipulated by those who know how to exploit that. With or without supporting facts for their arguments. It's how Trump was elected in the first place (one of the reasons at least).

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
This guy seems not too different than trump to me. Me good, him bad. He doesn't do it with as much flair as Trump, but manipulation is manipulation. He needs more hand flailing, simple language, and juvenile trolling if he wants to grab people's attention. This is what politics are now, so he needs to update his approach.

He's boring Trump.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Same exact thing we hear year after year.

Same exact words we hear year after year.

Only difference is the faces and the names.

Perpetuity defined.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

So your one business was successful. The question of how many, if any, times would you keep trying if you failed at multiple businesses comes to mind.

Emotion is Greater/has more meaning than Logic to most people (despite what atheists and others may think), but most people also lack the ability to regulate themselves emotionally, leading them to being easily manipulated by those who know how to exploit that. With or without supporting facts for their arguments. It's how Trump was elected in the first place (one of the reasons at least).

It was definitely how Obama was elected. Trump made substantial and well defined promises during his campaign; this what got him elected.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So your one business was successful. The question of how many, if any, times would you keep trying if you failed at multiple businesses comes to mind.

It was definitely how Obama was elected. Trump made substantial and well defined promises during his campaign; this what got him elected.
I know....to brag about a successful company, & that one
has never experienced failure doesn't tell me much.
Coping with success....relatively easy.
Coping with adversity....that is a window into their character & competence.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I'm not even gonna touch that.