• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What state does your state's residents hate?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I assume there's at least a good chance that most of this interstate hatred stems from that reason. Probably based on a lot of stigmas.
Indeed. Stigmas and reasons and events and things nobody remembers anything about. Sports probably does explain some of it, but with Indiana and Kentucky, those two are rivals, and both consistently ranked the most depressed states in America.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Oooh...this works in Australia, too.
Victorians hate NSW (because they outnumber us and blah on about beaches and their bridge when Melbourne is CLEARLY superior to Sydney) and Queensland (because rednecks).

South Australians hate Victorians because we're all hipsters and we stole their grand prix once upon a time.

And Queenslanders hate anyone who suggests they should consider sliding into the 21st century.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Trying to imagine "Hey y'all, watch this" and "hold my beer" in Australian accent....

It might help if you think of it more like
'hey mate, watch this...' and
'hold my xxxx' (pronounced four ex)

Although XXXX isn't really beer. It's cat **** in a yellow can.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It might help if you think of it more like
'hey mate, watch this...' and
'hold my xxxx' (pronounced four ex)

Although XXXX isn't really beer. It's cat **** in a yellow can.
That did help...

The replacing "y'all" with "mate", not the cat **** narrative, which I honestly feel is WTMI

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not scientific, of course, but fun none-the-less:

Matt Shirley asked his 300,000 followers to vote on which state their home state hates the most. What has emerged from these results is not meant to be comprehensive or scientifically accurate by any means...

r74eqgtsrdc41.png

Well, at least nobody hates Arizona. I don't think that many people really hate California here, though - at least not all that much.

Around here, people seem to have a bigger problem with the snowbirds coming from northern states (and some Canadian provinces).

One thing that strikes me about this map (other than Florida hating Florida) is, I can see North Carolina hates South Carolina, which is to be expected. But South Carolina hates...Ohio? What's up with that?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We come in with all the money we got from selling houses and stock and drive up prices there - jealousy is at work.
Of course.
It couldn't be your loopy sanctimonious personalities.
And endlessly going on about recycling & Kardashians.