• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What spiritual practice did you try for wealth? What were the results?

agorman

Premium Member
Ajarn, recently told me "If you are using Religion, spiritual methods or pray or even om to gain wealth, your going to be waiting a very long time". And my response ended up so long I've started this new thread:

There's Lakshmi, Durga, Kali, the Pachamama, Santa Muerte... Shiva is known for being asked for wealth as well as Ganesh, there are affirmations such as "I am perfect supply", there's archangel Uriel, Bodhisattvas Ratnasambhava, Jambhala and Vasudhara, meditating on the first 3 lower chakras, meditating on runes, casting spells etc. I've tried them all!

Praying to San Cono was interesting, because he gave me so much orange light I couldn't sleep one night. Then as he realized I couldn't take so much energy, he didn't send me anything anymore. I wonder why did he send me the energy exactly while I needed sleep!

The Shiva mantra "Om Brzee namaha" was also interesting because it created the feeling that I was wealthy, even while I wasn't. Seems the intention of Shiva was that by creating a feeling of being wealthy, true wealth was going to manifest sooner or later in physical reality. But I wasn't with Shiva enough time to manifest anything of that. If you're homeless on the streets I think the Brzee not the best way to "get out of the well" so to speak.

I think your success in obtaining wealth depends on your self worth or self esteem, how dedicated you're in your path and the time you dedicate to it. In my case despite so much investigation I have obtained answers to deep existencial questions, but I'm still an almost complete loser when it's about money. Of course money won't cheer you up very much if you don't understand why do you have to live in the first place. Maybe that's why there are so many depressed celebrities.

I think the Right Hand Path in general is not very good for achieving wealth. Also it doesn't help having subconscious obstacles like believing you have to be evil to make a lot of money, etc. (learned from parents or Society). Left Hand Path didn't help me very much either, although many people say dark gods give plenty of money.

The best "wealth" result I have achieved once by spiritual practices was getting a better job once, by insisting on archangel Uriel. Uriel didn't ever help me that much again.

Sometimes I wonder if the Demiurge wants most people to be poor so he has fun seeing all the things people try to make a living. This has to do with the ant farm theory.

So no wonder why 90% of Mankind is middle class or poor!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ajarn, recently told me "If you are using Religion, spiritual methods or pray or even om to gain wealth, your going to be waiting a very long time". And my response ended up so long I've started this new thread:

There's Lakshmi, Durga, Kali, the Pachamama, Santa Muerte... Shiva is known for being asked for wealth as well as Ganesh, there are affirmations such as "I am perfect supply", there's archangel Uriel, Bodhisattvas Ratnasambhava, Jambhala and Vasudhara, meditating on the first 3 lower chakras, meditating on runes, casting spells etc. I've tried them all!

Praying to San Cono was interesting, because he gave me so much orange light I couldn't sleep one night. Then as he realized I couldn't take so much energy, he didn't send me anything anymore. I wonder why did he send me the energy exactly while I needed sleep!

The Shiva mantra "Om Brzee namaha" was also interesting because it created the feeling that I was wealthy, even while I wasn't. Seems the intention of Shiva was that by creating a feeling of being wealthy, true wealth was going to manifest sooner or later in physical reality. But I wasn't with Shiva enough time to manifest anything of that. If you're homeless on the streets I think the Brzee not the best way to "get out of the well" so to speak.

I think your success in obtaining wealth depends on your self worth or self esteem, how dedicated you're in your path and the time you dedicate to it. In my case despite so much investigation I have obtained answers to deep existencial questions, but I'm still an almost complete loser when it's about money. Of course money won't cheer you up very much if you don't understand why do you have to live in the first place. Maybe that's why there are so many depressed celebrities.

I think the Right Hand Path in general is not very good for achieving wealth. Also it doesn't help having subconscious obstacles like believing you have to be evil to make a lot of money, etc. (learned from parents or Society). Left Hand Path didn't help me very much either, although many people say dark gods give plenty of money.

The best "wealth" result I have achieved once by spiritual practices was getting a better job once, by insisting on archangel Uriel. Uriel didn't ever help me that much again.

Sometimes I wonder if the Demiurge wants most people to be poor so he has fun seeing all the things people try to make a living. This has to do with the ant farm theory.

So no wonder why 90% of Mankind is middle class or poor!

To me money does not mean much, you gain it used it and its gone. No i have never asked Buddha to make me rich, because that is not what life is about for me.

ManSinha

There's Lakshmi, Durga, Kali, the Pachamama, Santa Muerte... Shiva is known for being asked for wealth as well as Ganesh

I shall bite :)

The ancient dharmic history is filled with people asking the lord for material stuff - I can give example after example - many of which are well known

to wit

1. Harnakash asked for so many constraints on his death that he became virtually immortal - had to torn apart by NarSimha - with his nails while on his lap at dusk
2. Ravana had protection against being killed by anyone other than humans and monkeys
3. Raktabeej could create copies of himself from drops of his blood
4. Meghnad - had so many boons that he was virtually impossible to defeat mounted on his chariot with his full battle armor
5. Parasuram got his weapons training from the greatest weapons master of them all - Mahadev

BUT - none of this happened in Kali Yuga - if my understanding is correct - and my dharmic colleagues on this forum are more then welcome to correct me - the power of gods and indeed goodness itself - diminishes with every passing age

There is a brief interlude in Mahabharat where Parasuram hands over the Sudarshan Chakra to Sri Krishna and asks him to take his place as the reigning deity.

With Krishna's passing the Dwapura Yuga ended -

So one way to explain what you experienced - is that the rules governing interactions with the Divine are changed in this age

I think your success in obtaining wealth depends on your self worth or self esteem, how dedicated you're in your path and the time you dedicate to it. In my case despite so much investigation I have obtained answers to deep existencial questions, but I'm still an almost complete loser when it's about money

That is good - you can take a few courses on money management if accumulating wealth is one of your aims - it is not easy if done honestly - but again and again especially in the civilized world - there are individuals who have raised themselves up by their bootstraps

Also it doesn't help having subconscious obstacles like believing you have to be evil
That is correct - I would not call Steve Jobs or Bill Gates "evil" by any stretch of imagination

Maybe that's why there are so many depressed celebrities.
That is one of many reasons - I believe - as I have mentioned before - that contentment has something to do with it

Sometimes I wonder if the Demiurge wants most people to be poor so he has fun seeing all the things people try to make a living
They do say god loves to laugh

What spiritual practice did you try for wealth
None - because I do not believe it will work - my god is not transactional

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Televangelism, well ok I didn't really try it, wish I had though...

To many, this may seem like a self-reinforcing “prophecy.” If you, as a Televangelist, can convince large groups of people who don’t have money to send you more than you can actually afford to send without skipping a meal, you can buy a multi-million dollar jet and a whole slew of multi-million dollar mansions (just call them “parsonages” and it’s fine with the IRS), and somehow convince yourself that it’s okay, because after all, God must want you to have these things, since you have them. Somehow the part about telling people that if they send you money, they’ll reap a return down the road just never enters into the equation.
https://moneyinc.com/dissecting-multi-billion-dollar-business-televangelism/

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Question: "What spiritual practice did you try for wealth?"

just being nice.

Question: "What were the results?"

so far so good.

GoodbyeDave

My first thought is to ask what you are doing yourself. A Greek author wrote that if people are not prepared to help themselves, they can hardly expect their friends to do it, let alone the gods!

My second thought is that if a god shifts some money in your direction, they are shifting it away from some-one else. Why should they prefer you? Even if no-one else prayed to them, some-one else may have prayed to another god!

I once saw a flat that I might like (I wasn't certain) but couldn't afford. I prayed to a number of gods to grant me aid if it was a good idea for me and if it wasn't too much trouble, and then I bought my first-ever lottery ticket. I won! — just enough to get my ticket money back and some consolatory luxury chocolate. Who says they don't have a sense of humour?

agorman

Premium Member
My first thought is to ask what you are doing yourself. A Greek author wrote that if people are not prepared to help themselves, they can hardly expect their friends to do it, let alone the gods!

For now I'll stay with the Buddha as a symbol of the enlightened individual and the true self, also the Buddha as a master and meditate with affirmations or the Om. I'll have to keep trying things.

My second thought is that if a god shifts some money in your direction, they are shifting it away from some-one else. Why should they prefer you?

It's a big universe, there's really enough for everyone. If things would be organized differently, we could all live like rich people (maybe not in big marble mansions full of gold, but prosperous) while only machines and robots do the work. I believe population might be less than what we're told. And Jeff Bezos is planning to send a billion people to Space... :rolleyes:

I once saw a flat that I might like (I wasn't certain) but couldn't afford. I prayed to a number of gods to grant me aid if it was a good idea for me and if it wasn't too much trouble, and then I bought my first-ever lottery ticket. I won! — just enough to get my ticket money back and some consolatory luxury chocolate. Who says they don't have a sense of humour?

I'm almost convinced it's just us. It's our obstacles and stigmas on money. Worse of all those wrong ideas are constantly expressed in the media and reinforced by what people says around us. Gods may make it more difficult sometimes to make us learn something, but in the end it's all in our minds.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Why don't you just get a job and save money? Or buy some gold and sell it. Buy stocks. You know, do something tangible instead of jumping around and begging random beings for money. Deities aren't celestial slot machines and don't owe you anything. Even more LHP deities like Santa Muerte will expect you to do things. They just don't mind if the stuff you do is illegal (a lot of her followers are cartel members, thieves, prostitutes, etc.). She might protect you as you do those things she's not going to make money fall in your lap. (I'm not saying that you should do those things, obviously.)

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
Why don't you just get a job and save money? Or buy some gold and sell it. Buy stocks. You know, do something tangible

LOL because doing something tangible is not enough! In particular in the country where I live (Argentina) which is not exactly a place of opportunities (And so far I didn't have the chance to emigrate). It's extremely hard to get a job here unless you are a friend or relative of someone important in a company. Let's say most company owners don't trust strangers and meritocracy is uncommon. The Government also makes it very difficult to create and maintain your own business. Taxes are higher than in Norway, but we don't get nearly as many benefits as Norwegians. Not to mention renting or buying a car. Oh and it's also one of the countries with the highest prices and inflation rate. And it's getting worse by the month.

So it doesn't matter how much you study or make an effort here. Just think more than half of the population is maintained by government alms ("plan trabajar"), that's 21 million people. Maybe at your country you can have more hopes of progressing by your own struggle. But here I also need a lot of "good luck", which can only come from the divine beings or your own spirit, somehow.

What on earth has religion got to do with wealth, or lack of it? There is a verse in the Bible which says, 'the love of money is the root of all evil', and for once it got something right!