• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I very much so know what my beliefs are, and some terminology to describe them. However, I want a precise and accurate way of describing myself so when people search for it on Google they understand exactly where I fall on these issues.

Syntheism literally means to create God. However, I don't believe we are creating God. God already exists. It is the The Omniverse. However, what I believe is so similar to "creating God" that I might just well call myself a syntheist. We are creating divinity, not God. Entropy and extropy are the actions that produce change and that change if impactful enough creates a divine force in the world.

As far as pantheistic / gnostic / syncretism goes, The Omniverse is God, so I am a pantheist. It is possible to know more about this God in our own universe, as well as the divinity, or positive change that it brings. So my faith is gnostic in nature. The syncretism comes in when understanding that all religions literally creates Gods from their own idealism. However, my beliefs are: there is one God, it is The Omniverse, the Ultimate Being, Nature, and action / change / divinity exists as entropy and extropy, which anything is possible. Thus I call myself trinitarian pantheist.

I call myself Exaltist, have a website for it, and if you search it on Google you'll find all kinds of things I have wrote. It does explain my thoughts very well. My problem with it is, it's too broad. The adherence to raising the divinity, or exalting, things boils everything down so easily for me, but I'm looking for a word that already exists and I don't have to point towards my literature in order for people to understand.

My camp of theology falls around the syntheists, Earthseed, Terasem, the Turing Church among other religious transhumanists, but is separate because of the notion that God already exists as Nature. The reason why I know Nature is God is because of the divinity we create - do you understand? So there's all kinds of terms I can use to already express what i'm trying to say. I could simply fall back on Exaltism and be done with it too. However I don't want to be that self-important.

The word doesn't need to be an actual word, it can be fabricated in the English language. Take any two prefix and suffixes together, combine them, make a new word. "Create" - syn, "divinity" itself is a suffix. I do like the idea of "syndivinement", and calling myself a "syndiviner". Of course, nobody would really know what the hell I am talking about when expressing such terminology, leading me back to the same problem I had before. Plus I like Exaltist Ethan as my online nickname better than Syndiviner Ethan too.

This is only going to change two things: my Facebook religious description and my RF religious description. My website is staying exactly the same, and I have built up a small cult following from Exaltism already. There is another word I have tried to used to describe me as well, derived from my "All becoming divine" concept, the pantheosis. I was possibly thinking about using the term, "pantheosism" and "pantheosist" to describe myself, however it leads to the same problems as before and is just another fancy word to describe the process of Exaltism.

So now I bring this back to you, the reader. I may be thinking about this too much and there's no need to do anything about this. I understand that. Honestly, what I've been really thinking about doing is as religion I put something like: "Read Signature" and my signature would have something like...

"I know and have knowledge that humans are divine beings trying to use our extropy to understand and harness the power of Nature, Thee God, The Omniverse. We are in the process of controlling the entire Omniverse with our technology, generosity, wisdom, sovereignty and unity as we resurrect the dead and we create a more divine, and fair, Omniverse. Nature outputs energy in entropic ways but we will eventually have the power to control that output from an orderly fashion."

And there, that's my whole belief system in one paragraph, mostly.

Let me know what you think. What would you call me?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I very much so know what my beliefs are, and some terminology to describe them. However, I want a precise and accurate way of describing myself so when people search for it on Google they understand exactly where I fall on these issues.
I gave up on that a long time ago because ultimately people will just see what they want to see unless you're given the opportunity to explain things yourself.

Exaltist Ethan

I gave up on that a long time ago because ultimately people will just see what they want to see unless you're given the opportunity to explain things yourself.

Isn't that what I'm doing by creating this thread? Ah. I'm going to link this thread in my signature.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
the notion that God already exists as Nature.
That is called 'Pantheism'.

Let me know what you think.
I am having trouble understanding. There is some important information missing from what you're saying: Why do you go to the trouble of believing in this and clarifying your position? Why promote this? Also why do you think other people promote their religions? Why do it? That might help me understand better what it is you're trying to do.

Exaltist Ethan

I am having trouble understanding. There is some important information missing from what you're saying: Why do you go to the trouble of believing in this and clarifying your position? Why promote this? Also why do you think other people promote their religions? Why do it? That might help me understand better what it is you're trying to do.

Because God is perfection, right? Nothing can be more perfect than God. So ultimately people want to believe that they can grow, evolve and change while they are still alive. I am not saying that I know everything, far from it, but I'm just trying to understand the whole, The Omniverse, and our role in it. If we see society getting just a little better after every generation doesn't that mean it's growing closer to that perfection? Maybe I'm wrong and everything will eventually die on Earth and nothing will come from it. But my faith is the hope that eventually all of us will find what we're looking for, in a very materialistic kind-of point of view.

Maybe my problem wasn't the words themselves, but how I interpret them. Pantheistic syntheism seems to me to imply, "God creating God". And maybe I'm just starting to realize this and understand what that truly means. I am a fractal of God creating other fractals of God. The divinity part only steps in during the action, not the change itself. So therefore, pantheistic syntheism is probably the word I have (already) found and what I'm looking for.

RestlessSoul

Because God is perfection, right? Nothing can be more perfect than God. So ultimately people want to believe that they can grow, evolve and change while they are still alive. I am not saying that I know everything, far from it, but I'm just trying to understand the whole, The Omniverse, and our role in it. If we see society getting just a little better after every generation doesn't that mean it's growing closer to that perfection? Maybe I'm wrong and everything will eventually die on Earth and nothing will come from it. But my faith is the hope that eventually all of us will find what we're looking for, in a very materialistic kind-of point of view.

Maybe my problem wasn't the words themselves, but how I interpret them. Pantheistic syntheism seems to me to imply, "God creating God". And maybe I'm just starting to realize this and understand what that truly means. I am a fractal of God creating other fractals of God. The divinity part only steps in during the action, not the change itself. So therefore, pantheistic syntheism is probably the word I have (already) found and what I'm looking for.

Do you think humanity is in charge of it’s own destiny? And if so, is that only true collectively, or individually as well?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Pretty basic.

As a mainly holy water oxygenated mineral dust water human bio life. Living first...my belief tells stories not relative to a humans natural living experience.

A holy heavens for holy water existence for holy oxygen generation to support me. Whilst I survive by drinking holy water and eat plant animal food..bodies that exist by holy water and holy food also.

Not a belief. Reality.

My belief theist scientist. I drew a circle. I gave it a number. Then I claimed I would own all created creation by that circumstance..terms the God type.

Belief.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Isn't that what I'm doing by creating this thread? Ah. I'm going to link this thread in my signature.
If you want to put the effort into it, it's on you. At the end of the day, the labels we wear are just that and with or without them we're still the same pperson. Some people will say one thing, others will say another, but you know who you are and that is regardless of a label.

PearlSeeker

Syntheism literally means to create God. However, I don't believe we are creating God. God already exists. It is the The Omniverse. However, what I believe is so similar to "creating God" that I might just well call myself a syntheist. We are creating divinity, not God. Entropy and extropy are the actions that produce change and that change if impactful enough creates a divine force in the world.
If God is nature (omniverse) then God is changing. Things change from potential to actuality but God is defined as perfection or pure actuality (actus purus), immovable mover, unchangeable changer...