• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be done about the West Bank settlements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
almifkhar said:
i encourage all of you to read up and educate yourselves on this issue. in paticular the history of this. if the zionist had just moved in peacefully this would not be an issue.
Would this be the history before or after the Grand Mufti's alliance with Hitler? Are we talking about before or after virulent antisemitism and dhimmitude resulted in hundreds of thousands of dispossessed Jewish refugees from the surrounding Islamic countries, or before or after these countries tried to militarily drive Israel into the sea?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
almifkhar said:
...yet the american government sends the israeli government $5 bill. every year for war machine. think of what this money could do here for us. our government has never sent $5 bill. to country who suffers from famine...
and the poor palestinians get nothing huh? Oh wait...
With donor disbursements to the Palestinians currently amounting to approximately US$1 billion per year or US$310 per person¾one of the highest per capita rates in the history of foreign assistance¾donors will need to perceive a fundamental change in Palestinian economic prospects if they are to make such additional efforts
Since 1993, the European Union has contributed over €2 billion directly and indirectly to the Palestinian Authority (PA). Member states have donated a further €2 billion in the same period.
http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/MENAEXT/WESTBANKGAZAEXTN/0,,contentMDK:20217834~menuPK:294370~pagePK:141137~piPK:141127~theSitePK:294365,00.html
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/8/prweb151832.htm
Where's all the money going? Bingo parlors?
* European aid has not reached its intended target – the Palestinian people. It has been diverted towards graft, terrorism and incitement to hatred.

* Despite repeated denials from senior European politicians and civil servants, terrorists are on the Palestinian Authority payroll. This includes, in particular, members of the Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigades who have openly admitted their direct roles in acts of murder. The salaries of these murderers come directly from budgets provided by European government aid, even though the Al-Aksa Brigades have been officially classified as terrorists by Europe.

* European taxpayers’ funds have not been managed transparently in everything connected with aid to the PA and to the Palestinian people. The facts have been concealed and continue to be concealed from European taxpayers.

* The methods used to fund the PA might even be considered to be money laundering.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/8/prweb151832.htm

the Palestinian people are suffering because...the PA doesn't care about the little people
When Arafat was alive his PERSONAL wealth was between 1 - 3 BILLION DOLLARS US!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/07/60minutes/main582487.shtml
and that was back in 2003!

i wonder how many homes that would build...how many children that would feed...how many school books that could buy...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jewscout said:
i wonder how many homes that would build...how many children that would feed...how many school books that could buy...[/i][/font][/color]
That is a rotten argument. Would you like me to counterpose the wealth of American Jewry with the conditions of Ethiopian Jewry?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut. 32.8 said:
That is a rotten argument. Would you like me to counterpose the wealth of American Jewry with the conditions of Ethiopian Jewry?
the point wasn't the wealth itself but the source of it. Where did Arafat get that kind of money? Working a 9-5 job? He certainly wasn't getting it from taxes. How much of his income was diverted from international aid that was supposed to go to the people?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jewscout said:
the point wasn't the wealth itself but the source of it. Where did Arafat get that kind of money? Working a 9-5 job? He certainly wasn't getting it from taxes. How much of his income was diverted from international aid that was supposed to go to the people?
I don't know. But I acknowledge that it's an interesting point, and I encourage you to substantiate it. As for my point, it's simply that the issue is comlex enough without being further distorted by bad or tertiary arguments.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut. 32.8 said:
As for my point, it's simply that the issue is comlex enough without being further distorted by bad or tertiary arguments.
very true Deut. Point taken.

almifkhar

duet i was referring to the history since the late 1800's. and to jewscout, yes the u.s and the brittish have given money to the arafat too, though no where near as much as as we give to the isreali gov. personally i feel that the western governments have made a big mess of this whole thing with their divide and conquer tactits, and i also feel that if they were not meddeling in this, this is one of those conflicts that would not be an issue today. it is bad that people from both sides have lost their lives. it is bad that people refuse to respest others simply based on religion, culture, and color. i am a person who believes that one should be able to live anywhere they want to so long as they are respectful of those who live in the place you want to come and live in. and as far as your point about the money being sent into palestine, are you aware that often this money is put into rebuilding homes, shops, schools, etc. that the settelers come in and destroy what was newley remodeled and or rebuilt. i am sorry for ranting but this is a hot issue for me. what has happened to africa as a whole is another hot issue for me as well.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
almifkhar said:
and as far as your point about the money being sent into palestine, are you aware that often this money is put into rebuilding homes, shops, schools, etc. that the settelers come in and destroy what was newley remodeled and or rebuilt.
and it doesn't go to say...terroists?

Pah

Uber all member
The thread has a topic that professional diplomacy can not solve. Here is leads to disruption. The thread will remain closed

Status
Not open for further replies.