• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What shorts lengths are acceptable?

Jonathan Bailey

How short can short shorts really be to be not too short for men and boys in public?

How long can long shorts really be to be not too long for men and boys in public?

Some think shorts that are too short are feminine.

Some think that shorts that are too long are feminine.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
How short can short shorts really be to be not too short for men and boys in public?

How long can long shorts really be to be not too long for men and boys in public?

Whatever length they feel like wearing. As long as the shorts don't show their buttcrack or they don't wear boxers to a work meeting, I don't care.

I think most cultures care too much about dress and treat it as more than what, in my opinion, it mainly is: a function of the weather and environmental conditions.

Jonathan Bailey

Jonathan Bailey

I think everyone should be able to do, say, ballet, but there's no reason the dress should be so tightly revealing.

One needs a lot of room for body movement in ballet: so loose clothing seems logical.

I know karate and kung-fu garb for martial arts is purposely loose for mobility.

What about male gymnasts in tights?

I can see tight swimwear to cut drag in the water.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
One needs a lot of room for body movement in ballet: so loose clothing seems logical.

I know karate and kung-fu garb for martial arts is purposely loose for mobility.

What about male gymnasts in tights?

I can see tight swimwear to cut drag in the water.
I'm sure other garments can be made.

Shad

Veteran Member

When the junk is not contained inside the clothing.

They were not around for the 70s and 80s then.

Or 90s.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Too short/long for what? The suitability of clothing is a function of their purpose and environment.

I don’t see the length of shorts automatically make them “feminine” and I’m not sure why that is a problem beyond the feelings of the person wearing them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Depends where the wearer is,

The breach, a city park, in the office, church.

And old British saying is 'horses for courses'

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A friend (in his 70s) wore very short shorts....almost
Daisy Dukes...to my self storage facility. I nicknamed
him "Hot Pants". He never wore them again.

Yes, I'm cruel....but fair.
It was for his own good.