• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What shoes are you wearing?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I basically exclusively wear boots and tennis shoes for comfort and support. I LoVED shape ups because they had super thick and squishy soles that conformed to my bowed shins, and were the best thing ever for my knee pains, but people I will eternally hate ruined that for me.

dianaiad

OK, Earth Spirit shoes from WalMart. 19 bucks. I don't wear anything else.

though....

74cae6280e66c7724c9f15f9672f565a.jpg

I really want these:

3-6.jpg
I mean, they are $3,000,000 bucks, but hey. Those are diamonds.
It's not like I could WALK in them or anything.

siti

Steel toe cap safety shoes at work, same - or gum boots if it is wet - on our farm, otherwise flip flops - in the house no shoes ever...and when not working, no shoes around the garden or the the farm. Its good for the soles of the feet to connect with the earth.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In a traditional Hindu/Indian house, shoes must be left outside the door. In my childhood, we had part-earthern part-sandstone floor. Remember them with love.
The earthen floor (living area) would be relaid every week with a mixture of cow-dung, soil and ochre.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Nike Free. I want vivo barefoot, but they're expensive.

Mark my words, in 5 years most of you will be wearing thin soled shoes with ZERO rise in the heel. The elevated heel - even a tiny bit of elevation - is proving to be bad for long term health and fitness. I know, sacrilege !!!

And then also, you'll be wearing shoes with big, wide toe boxes, so your toes can wiggle around. Right now, most of us are wearing "toe coffins".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm wearing no shoes now, but I got some new shoes that are white and black. I haven't ventured too far away from wearing monochrome black, but I'm getting there, and enjoying it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Did a cobbler repair them, or a priest?
:p;)

"What shoes are you wearing?"
I'm in my house posting. Who wears shoes in the house?

We do. I’ll tell you why, and the reason pisses me off no end. The house is built on a concrete slab. The underlayment and moisture barrier are practically non-existent, so the carpeting is always cold and damp. We have a dehumidifier that I keep dumping the water but it’s a losing battle. We’re hoping to be out of here before soon. I can’t wait to be in a place again where I can go barefoot. Btw, when I do puja I put a mat or towel down to stand on.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
As for the op, these are my all time favorites.

5AF1A0D8-38DE-4AFD-A69B-75F8E20D3FB7.jpeg