• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What scripture James brother of Jesus and Thomas Didymus read from and followed?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But Jesus didn't die a cursed death on the Cross, I understand, so there is no question of his resurrection from the dead, please. Right?
Please don't feel free to sin, Jesus had not authority to atone one's sins, it transpires, please. Right?
Isn't it an accusation on (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah that he preached dying and rising deity of Hellenism for atonement of sins of the Christians, please? Right?

Regards

Jesus the flesh did die on the cross.

Christ, the "Annointment" of the Holy Spirit was what rose again, and this Spirit given by jesus, influence humanity and spread the Message given from God throughout all Nations, as promised.

It is that same Spirit that is Annointed to all God's Messengers.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thank you for asking...

I'm not sure why people ask this question. What part did Paul speak of that didn't have the basis in the Torah? (He (Paul) was a student of Gamaliel - very versed in the Torah)
" He (Paul) was a student of Gamaliel - very versed in the Torah"

Not exactly:

"Saul (whose Roman cognomen was Paul; see Acts xiii. 9) was born of Jewish parents in the first decade of the common era at Tarsus in Cilicia (Acts ix. 11, xxi. 39, xxii. 3). The claim in Rom. xi. 1 and Phil. iii. 5 that he was of the tribe of Benjamin, suggested by the similarity of his name with that of the first Israelitish king, is, if the passages are genuine, a false one, no tribal lists or pedigrees of this kind having been in existence at that time (see Eusebius, "Hist. Eccl." i. 7, 5; Pes. 62b; M. Sachs, "Beiträge zur Sprach- und Alterthumsforschung," 1852, ii. 157). Nor is there any indication in Paul's writings or arguments that he had received the rabbinical training ascribed to him by Christian writers, ancient and modern; least of all could he have acted or written as he did had he been, as is alleged (Acts xxii. 3), the disciple of Gamaliel I., the mild Hillelite. His quotations from Scripture, which are all taken, directly or from memory, from the Greek version, betray no familiarity with the original Hebrew text. The Hellenistic literature, such as the Book of Wisdom and other Apocrypha, as well as Philo (see Hausrath, "Neutestamentliche Zeitgeschichte," ii. 18-27; Siegfried, "Philo von Alexandria," 1875, pp. 304-310; Jowett, "Commentary on the Thessalonians and Galatians," i. 363-417), was the sole source for his eschatological and theological system. Notwithstanding the emphatic statement, in Phil. iii. 5, that he was "a Hebrew of the Hebrews"—a rather unusual term, which seems to refer to his nationalistic training and conduct (comp. Acts xxi. 40, xxii. 2), since his Jewish birth is stated in the preceding words "of the stock of Israel"—he was, if any of the Epistles that bear his name are really his, entirely a Hellenist in thought and sentiment. "
SAUL OF TARSUS - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Like Paul faked a vision of having seen risen Jesus, while Jesus never died on the Cross in the first place, the same way his claim of being a student of Gamaliel I, is most certainly fake one in the wake of strong arguments given by the Jewish Encyclopedia, one gets to know, please. Right?

Regards

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Not exactly:

"Saul (whose Roman cognomen was Paul; see Acts xiii. 9) was born of Jewish parents in the first decade of the common era at Tarsus in Cilicia (Acts ix. 11, xxi. 39, xxii. 3). The claim in Rom. xi. 1 and Phil. iii. 5 that he was of the tribe of Benjamin, suggested by the similarity of his name with that of the first Israelitish king, is, if the passages are genuine, a false one, no tribal lists or pedigrees of this kind having been in existence at that time (see Eusebius, "Hist. Eccl." i. 7, 5; Pes. 62b; M. Sachs, "Beiträge zur Sprach- und Alterthumsforschung," 1852, ii. 157). Nor is there any indication in Paul's writings or arguments that he had received the rabbinical training ascribed to him by Christian writers, ancient and modern; least of all could he have acted or written as he did had he been, as is alleged (Acts xxii. 3), the disciple of Gamaliel I., the mild Hillelite. His quotations from Scripture, which are all taken, directly or from memory, from the Greek version, betray no familiarity with the original Hebrew text. The Hellenistic literature, such as the Book of Wisdom and other Apocrypha, as well as Philo (see Hausrath, "Neutestamentliche Zeitgeschichte," ii. 18-27; Siegfried, "Philo von Alexandria," 1875, pp. 304-310; Jowett, "Commentary on the Thessalonians and Galatians," i. 363-417), was the sole source for his eschatological and theological system. Notwithstanding the emphatic statement, in Phil. iii. 5, that he was "a Hebrew of the Hebrews"—a rather unusual term, which seems to refer to his nationalistic training and conduct (comp. Acts xxi. 40, xxii. 2), since his Jewish birth is stated in the preceding words "of the stock of Israel"—he was, if any of the Epistles that bear his name are really his, entirely a Hellenist in thought and sentiment. "

Like Paul faked a vision of having seen risen Jesus, while Jesus never died on the Cross in the first place, the same way his claim of being a student of Gamaliel I, is most certainly fake one in the wake of strong arguments given by the Jewish Encyclopedia, one gets to know, please. Right?

Regards
I noticed that you bypassed the question of what part did Paul speak of that didn't have a basis in the Torah.

A lot of information but no answer

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Not exactly:

I noticed that you bypassed the question of what part did Paul speak of that didn't have a basis in the Torah.

A lot of information but no answer
Please highlight the same.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

What scripture James brother of Jesus and Thomas Didymus read from and followed?

As Paul didn't know Jesus, the same way Jesus, his brother James and Thomas Didymus didn't know Pauline-Bible aka NT, never read from it and never followed it, right?

Regards

Last edited:

Ebionite

Twin = Gemini

zodiac_cross.jpg