• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What reward did Jesus receive for his sacrifice as God on earth?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Probably nothing. There was no sacrifice.

I believe this looks like a sacrifice to me: John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life

kjw47

The New Testament scriptures profile Jesus Christ as the Saviour, the prophesied Messiah, of mankind.

The scriptures state that he received a reward, a prize, that awaited him on his accomplishment as the Saviour.

What was that reward, that prize, he received from his God and Father?

God wasnt on earth, Jesus was. The bible is clear--No man has ever seen God. As well Acts 2:22-- God did it all through Jesus.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe He does not have an afterlife yet because He has eternal life as His believers will also.
I'm confused. You identify as a Christian, yet you don't believe Jesus had an afterlife during the time he was in the grave? Mind you, I'm not expressing my own beliefs here. I'm simply asking you to clarify yours. Thanks.

kjw47

I'm confused. You identify as a Christian, yet you don't believe Jesus had an afterlife during the time he was in the grave? Mind you, I'm not expressing my own beliefs here. I'm simply asking you to clarify yours. Thanks.

It is fact. The Hebrew word-Sheol= the Greek word Hades= The english word Hell. Sheol translates the grave. The Greek word-Hades translates the grave. Thus hell translates-the grave. Gods word is clear-Jesus was in Hades-The grave for 3 days. Proving this comma placing error in Jesus words to the thief.
Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.= error.
Truly i tell you today, you will be with me in paradise. = correct

The book of revelation is clear-The ressurection occurs after Har-mageddon comes to this earth. It has not occurred yet. Nor has the ressurection so he could not be in paradise on the day of his death. As that comma error suggests.

IndigoChild5559

It is fact. The Hebrew word-Sheol= the Greek word Hades= The english word Hell. Sheol translates the grave. The Greek word-Hades translates the grave. Thus hell translates-the grave. Gods word is clear-Jesus was in Hades-The grave for 3 days. Proving this comma placing error in Jesus words to the thief.
Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.= error.
Truly i tell you today, you will be with me in paradise. = correct

The book of revelation is clear-The ressurection occurs after Har-mageddon comes to this earth. It has not occurred yet. Nor has the ressurection so he could not be in paradise on the day of his death. As that comma error suggests.
Sheol is a Hebrew word that refers to the abode of the dead.

kjw47

Sheol is a Hebrew word that refers to the abode of the dead.

Ecclesiastes 9:10-- All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going.
The bible teaches--On the day of ones death, all thought stops.
Sheol is the grave.

IndigoChild5559

Ecclesiastes 9:10-- All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going.
The bible teaches--On the day of ones death, all thought stops.
Sheol is the grave.
From the Jewish encyclopedia: "It [sheol] connotes the place where those that had died were believed to be congregated. "

kjw47

From the Jewish encyclopedia: "It [sheol] connotes the place where those that had died were believed to be congregated. "

yes congregated in the grave-ashes to ashes dust to dust. If one cannot think, they wouldnt even know where they were. I showed you what the bible teaches-Every Israelite on the planet knows its the grave.

IndigoChild5559

yes congregated in the grave-ashes to ashes dust to dust. If one cannot think, they wouldnt even know where they were. I showed you what the bible teaches-Every Israelite on the planet knows its the grave.
I'm an Israelite on the planet, and I'm telling you that sheol is the abode of the dead, not dirt six feet under.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Jesus was dead bodily in the grave. His body would have decayed like all mankind who die.

His spirit, like all men, goes to rest with God who gave it.

God raised up Jesus after / by the third day so Jesus’ body did not suffer decay!

IndigoChild5559

Jesus was dead bodily in the grave. His body would have decayed like all mankind who die.

His spirit, like all men, goes to rest with God who gave it.

God raised up Jesus after / by the third day so Jesus’ body did not suffer decay!
Who says his body did not suffer decay? That's not part of the gospel stories.

And Chrsitians believe that he had a soul that went to the abode of the dead and preached to the souls there.

I of course, as a Jew, don't think there was anything special about Jesus. He died, and his soul went where all souls go.

kjw47

I'm an Israelite on the planet, and I'm telling you that sheol is the abode of the dead, not dirt six feet under.

Every eye can see one goes 6 feet under when buried. I showed you in the Hebrew OT--no planning or devising or working in Sheol. Death is in Sheol. Job begged to Go to Sheol, would a righteous man ask to go there to suffer even worse? no.

Soapy

Who says his body did not suffer decay? That's not part of the gospel stories.

And Chrsitians believe that he had a soul that went to the abode of the dead and preached to the souls there.

I of course, as a Jew, don't think there was anything special about Jesus. He died, and his soul went where all souls go.
The Bible scriptures says that God did not suffer to see his Son’s body suffer decay:
  • “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.” (Psalm 16: 6-10)
  • “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.“ (Acts 2:29-31)

IndigoChild5559

Every eye can see one goes 6 feet under when buried. I showed you in the Hebrew OT--no planning or devising or working in Sheol. Death is in Sheol. Job begged to Go to Sheol, would a righteous man ask to go there to suffer even worse? no.
Irrelevant. The point is what is sheol, which is, the abode of the Dead.

IndigoChild5559

The Bible scriptures says that God did not suffer to see his Son’s body suffer decay:
  • “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.” (Psalm 16: 6-10)
This passage is not about the messiah. It is about David. And it is making a reference to the fact that he will be resurrected.

• “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.“ (Acts 2:29-31)
[/QUOTE]
Now that's a good verse. You have made your point.

Now the only question is whether you believe it. I of course don't believe Jesus was messiah or God, and that he is STILL entombed somewhere, pretty decayed wherever that is.

kjw47

The Bible talks about sheol, the abode of the dead.

And every eye has seen every dead one go into the grave.
So what occurs in your scenario that you think it is since the bile teaches-all thought stops on the day of ones death? Do they all stand around going-DUH-DUH-DUH

Soapy

And every eye has seen every dead one go into the grave.
So what occurs in your scenario that you think it is since the bile teaches-all thought stops on the day of ones death? Do they all stand around going-DUH-DUH-DUH
Why is there a debate about what happens when a person dies?

Sheol is clearly a reference to pagan belief in that the pagans believed that the dead go to a demonic place where they live despicably in despair.

We see ridiculous paintings and drawing of such things as people being tortured in unmerciful ways overseen by a red-dragoned-horned Angel Being (Satan).

Seriously? No no, we are to believe that being dead is a state of non-participation in the world of the living.

We are to believe that the dead are not judged until the end… Therefore it can hardly be that the dead ‘who have done wicked deeds’ are judged already in death BY THE VERY FATHER OF THE WICKED…! In other words:
  • ‘Does a Father punish his own children for doing exactly what he taught them to do?’
No, he REWARDS THEM.

But what reward is received in the grave?

And what if those who have not been wicked? Are they too tortured in the grave, in Sheol?

The truth is, of course, that judgement is reserved until the end of time… Why? Because if the dead are known to be tortured then people will try to do good only to avoid the supposed torture - not because it’s righteous to do good.

But, nonetheless, we, as Christian’s, are to believe that the dead are simply ‘sleeping’: Body turned to dust; Spirit resting with God.

Sheol, therefore is not a valid term for a Christian except to refer to the LIVING who think of NOT LIVING! Yes, it seems like torture to be CHAINED in Death! It’s figurative TORTURE!!

But only in the minds of the LIVING!!

kjw47

Why is there a debate about what happens when a person dies?

Sheol is clearly a reference to pagan belief in that the pagans believed that the dead go to a demonic place where they live despicably in despair.

We see ridiculous paintings and drawing of such things as people being tortured in unmerciful ways overseen by a red-dragoned-horned Angel Being (Satan).

Seriously? No no, we are to believe that being dead is a state of non-participation in the world of the living.

We are to believe that the dead are not judged until the end… Therefore it can hardly be that the dead ‘who have done wicked deeds’ are judged already in death BY THE VERY FATHER OF THE WICKED…! In other words:
  • ‘Does a Father punish his own children for doing exactly what he taught them to do?’
No, he REWARDS THEM.

But what reward is received in the grave?

And what if those who have not been wicked? Are they too tortured in the grave, in Sheol?

The truth is, of course, that judgement is reserved until the end of time… Why? Because if the dead are known to be tortured then people will try to do good only to avoid the supposed torture - not because it’s righteous to do good.

But, nonetheless, we, as Christian’s, are to believe that the dead are simply ‘sleeping’: Body turned to dust; Spirit resting with God.

Sheol, therefore is not a valid term for a Christian except to refer to the LIVING who think of NOT LIVING! Yes, it seems like torture to be CHAINED in Death! It’s figurative TORTURE!!

But only in the minds of the LIVING!!

The Hebrew word Sheol = The Greek word Hades=Hell. Its just the grave.
God is not a sadist who tortures one forever for 70-100 years of a sinful life. He is a God of justice. Many do not seem to understand that. His justice scales are in perfect balance, uncorruptable. If it goes any way its for mercy and love. Not the sadist being taught by those that do not know him.
The Hebrews knew Sheol was the grave.