• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What reward did Jesus receive for his sacrifice as God on earth?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
The New Testament scriptures profile Jesus Christ as the Saviour, the prophesied Messiah, of mankind.

The scriptures state that he received a reward, a prize, that awaited him on his accomplishment as the Saviour.

What was that reward, that prize, he received from his God and Father?

Lain

The New Testament scriptures profile Jesus Christ as the Saviour, the prophesied Messiah, of mankind.

The scriptures state that he received a reward, a prize, that awaited him on his accomplishment as the Saviour.

The nations as His inheritance, a name above all names by which men are saved by and which all bow to, the Church as His bride, and... nothing else immediately comes to mind for me but there is probably more.

Honestly it is a joy to see Him joyful, that is a meditation not often thought on enough I think, "rejoice with those who rejoice" applies between us and Christ too, we should rejoice as He rejoices in all the Father has given Him.

All the above is my opinion.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Jesus was not any type of sacrifice. His afterlife will be no different than anyone else's.

I think this is the answer:

Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Phil. 2:9-11

Soapy

The nations as His inheritance, a name above all names by which men are saved by and which all bow to, the Church as His bride, and... nothing else immediately comes to mind for me but there is probably more.

Honestly it is a joy to see Him joyful, that is a meditation not often thought on enough I think, "rejoice with those who rejoice" applies between us and Christ too, we should rejoice as He rejoices in all the Father has given Him.

All the above is my opinion.
Good answer, Lain.

So you are saying that Jesus, for sacrificing himself for the salvation of mankind, he gained an inheritance, which is the rulership over the created world.

And, he inherited a name that is the name that is above all names.

Is this summary correct?

Soapy

I think this is the answer:

Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Phil. 2:9-11
So, 1213, like Lain, you are also saying that Jesus inherited the name that is above all names. And that all of creation will bow before him… in other words, Jesus will rule over creation, be it’s king, and judge.

All this because God, his Heavenly Father, exalted him to a position above all mankind.

Is this a correct summary?

All this because God, his Heavenly Father, exalted him to a position above all mankind.

Is this a correct summary?

I tried to say in my last post that the reason why God did so, is because of what Jesus did on earth. Jesus didn't get the position randomly, without good reason.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Probably nothing. There was no sacrifice.

Soapy

I tried to say in my last post that the reason why God did so, is because of what Jesus did on earth. Jesus didn't get the position randomly, without good reason.
You are right as far as the scriptures say. I was just clarifying …

I wanted to know if Jesus earned his position and received the blessing of the Father, received his reward from God.

You answered correctly.

So here is the problem: Trinitarians say that Jesus was God.

So I’m confused as to how they say that Jesus, being God, sacrificed himself and in doing so received a reward from God… even though he was God!

So here is the problem: Trinitarians say that Jesus was God.

So I’m confused as to how they say that Jesus, being God, sacrificed himself and in doing so received a reward from God… even though he was God!

I think that is a good question. Bible doesn’t really teach Trinity. I recommend to remain in the teachings that Bible has.

alex2165

According to passages below Jesus indeed the GOD, because He is complete Image of GOD Father Who created Him.

Colossians 1.15-16
15."And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the first-born of all creation."

16.By Him (by Christ) all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created by Him and for Him.

17.And He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

2Corinthinas 4.4
4."in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ Who is the Image of GOD."

John 12.45
45.”And whoever sees Me, sees Him Who sent Me.”

John 14.9
9.Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 10.30
30."I and the Father are One."

John 14.28
28."You heard that I said to you, 'I go away and I will come to you.' If you love Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father, the Father is greater than I."

Here Jesus actually admitted that the Father is greater than He, because no one created the Father, the Father has no beginning and no end, but Jesus Christ has beginning, and like His Father, no end.

Jesus was presented as Sacrifice, and His is the Guilt Sacrifice for all the sins of humanity.

Isaiah 53.10
10.But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief if He would render Himself as a Guilt Offering. He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His land.

Romans 8.3
3.For, what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, GOD did, sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an Offering for Sin, He condemned sin in the flesh.

Ephesians 5.2
2.and live in love as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a Fragrant Offering and Sacrifice to GOD.

1John 4.10
10.In this is love, not that we loved GOD but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the Atoning Sacrifice for our sins.

Perhaps Christ's reward is to be the First among the first, sit on the throne with GOD, and rule the world He had created.

Colossians 1.18
18.He is also Head of the body - the church, and He is the Beginning, the First-Born from the dead, so that He Himself might come to have first place in everything.

Revelation 3.21
21.To the one who conquer, I will give a place with Me on My throne, just as I Myself conquered and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Soapy

According to passages below Jesus indeed the GOD, because He is complete Image of GOD Father Who created Him.

Colossians 1.15-16
15."And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the first-born of all creation."

16.By Him (by Christ) all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created by Him and for Him.

17.And He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

2Corinthinas 4.4
4."in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ Who is the Image of GOD."

John 12.45

John 14.9
9.Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 10.30

John 14.28
28."You heard that I said to you, 'I go away and I will come to you.' If you love Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father, the Father is greater than I."

Here Jesus actually admitted that the Father is greater than He, because no one created the Father, the Father has no beginning and no end, but Jesus Christ has beginning, and like His Father, no end.

Jesus was presented as Sacrifice, and His is the Guilt Sacrifice for all the sins of humanity.

Isaiah 53.10
10.But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief if He would render Himself as a Guilt Offering. He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His land.

Romans 8.3
3.For, what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, GOD did, sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an Offering for Sin, He condemned sin in the flesh.

Ephesians 5.2
2.and live in love as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a Fragrant Offering and Sacrifice to GOD.

1John 4.10
10.In this is love, not that we loved GOD but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the Atoning Sacrifice for our sins.

Perhaps Christ's reward is to be the First among the first, sit on the throne with GOD, and rule the world He had created.

Colossians 1.18
18.He is also Head of the body - the church, and He is the Beginning, the First-Born from the dead, so that He Himself might come to have first place in everything.

Revelation 3.21
21.To the one who conquer, I will give a place with Me on My throne, just as I Myself conquered and sat down with My Father on His throne.
God is not created.

An image is not the thing it images!

God is God over EVERYTHING. Jesus is King over the CREATED WORLD, only.

2ndpillar

Colossians 1.15-16

2Corinthinas 4.4

John 12.45

John 14.9

John 10.30

John 14.28

Isaiah 53.10

Romans 8.3

Ephesians 5.2

1John 4.10

Colossians 1.18

Revelation 3.21

I think "man" was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). As Yeshua (YHWY saves) is the son of man, then Yeshua would be made in the image of God. Can man be God, well according to the coming kingdom per Ezekiel 37, men in the form of a combined Judah and Ephraim, will become the tabernacle/sanctuary of God, or to be more precise, a dwelling for the Spirit of God. As for the Trinity dogma, well, that was perpetrated through the power of the Roman emperor Constantine, the beast with two horns like a lamb, at his convened Council of Nicaea, in the year 325 AD.

2ndpillar

God is not created.

An image is not the thing it images!

God is God over EVERYTHING. Jesus is King over the CREATED WORLD, only.

Actually the "ruler of the world" is the beast, as in the 8th head of the beast (Rev 17), whose authority is the dragon (John 14:30 & Revelation 13:4). As for "My servant David", he is to become king after Judah and Ephraim have been reunited on the land given to Jacob. (Ezekiel 37).

Soapy

Actually the "ruler of the world" is the beast, as in the 8th head of the beast (Rev 17), whose authority is the dragon (John 14:30 & Revelation 13:4). As for "My servant David", he is to become king after Judah and Ephraim have been reunited on the land given to Jacob. (Ezekiel 37).
I think you don’t know what you are talking about.

You are right in terms of the ‘present’ ruler of the world… but the eternal ruler after the resurrection and the judgement is JESUS CHRIST.

GOD is ETERNAL RULER over HEAVEN (The abode of Spirits) and CREATION (The World).

Satan, as you rightly said, is the current STEWARD ruler. He said to Jesus that he would give Jesus the world (pre-mature) if Jesus bowed down and worshipped him…. Satan said that it was his to give unto whom he wills.

Remember, or be informed, that Satan is the STEWARDING ANGEL over creation… He holds the place as it’s ruler UNTIL THE KING ARRIVES…. That’s what a STEWARD does!!

We know that he was never meant to be an eternal ruler because scriptures tells us that in the world to come the world will by no means be ruled by angels.

‘The world to come’ … will … ‘by no means ruled by angels …’! What does that say about the present world:
  • ‘Woe to the world for the ruler of the world has come to his domain’
  • “Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.” (John 16:11)
Guess who is being called ‘the ruler of the world’?

2ndpillar

I think you don’t know what you are talking about.

You are right in terms of the ‘present’ ruler of the world… but the eternal ruler after the resurrection and the judgement is JESUS CHRIST.

GOD is ETERNAL RULER over HEAVEN (The abode of Spirits) and CREATION (The World).

Satan, as you rightly said, is the current STEWARD ruler. He said to Jesus that he would give Jesus the world (pre-mature) if Jesus bowed down and worshipped him…. Satan said that it was his to give unto whom he wills.

Remember, or be informed, that Satan is the STEWARDING ANGEL over creation… He holds the place as it’s ruler UNTIL THE KING ARRIVES…. That’s what a STEWARD does!!

We know that he was never meant to be an eternal ruler because scriptures tells us that in the world to come the world will by no means be ruled by angels.

‘The world to come’ … will … ‘by no means ruled by angels …’! What does that say about the present world:
  • ‘Woe to the world for the ruler of the world has come to his domain’
  • “Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.” (John 16:11)
Guess who is being called ‘the ruler of the world’?

The ruler of the world is the devil/dragon, and he gives his authority to the beast (Revelation 13:4). And I must certainly agree with you, one of us doesn't know what they are talking about. As for who was given the keys of David and was appointed "steward" of the "royal household" (Isaiah 21:15-25), that would be Peter, who Yeshua called "Satan", and a "stumbling block" to me (Matthew 16:19). Per Isaiah 21:25, in "that day", the day of the LORD, the heir of that "steward", the pope, will "fall", and any hanging on him, will be "cut off". Just saying.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe it is the delivered:
Isa. 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD comes with might,
and his arm rules for him;
behold, his reward is with him,
and his recompense before him.
11 He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
he will gather the lambs in his arms;
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.