• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What response did you give the sent ones?

Putting yourself on the day of judgment, God asks you what response did you give the sent ones?

• I was busy with work, pleasures, hobbies, didn't have time to learn everything they taught.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I convinced I believed in their teachings but didn't apply it seriously.

• I sought scholars opinions on what they taught but wasn't too aware of their own words.

• I know they had powers but thought they are evil since they are judgmental and teach hellfire.

• I heard about miracles, I didn't see or seek any in the present and so assumed it was all stories.

• Total voters

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Quran talks about this question. People will be asked what response they gave to the sent ones.

Hypothetically you are there and in your current state is your death state, and so what will be your response?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why can't you accept Jesus as a Prophet?
Because the Jews don't accept him and he himself, according to the Gospels, claimed to be more than a prophet, which he certainly wasn't imo. He doesn't fit in the Jewish paradigm and he doesn't fit their definition of the Mashiach - and since Mashiach is who he claimed to be and according to Judaism he clearly wasn't, he's out for being wrong.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because the Jews don't accept him and he himself, according to the Gospels, claimed to be more than a prophet, which he certainly wasn't imo. He doesn't fit in the Jewish paradigm and he doesn't fit their definition of the Mashiach - and since Mashiach is who he claimed to be and according to Judaism he clearly wasn't, he's out for being wrong.

Where did he claim to be more then a Prophet in the Gospels? And why is his acceptance contingent on Jews believing in him?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If such a thing were to happen, I think my response would be "What? Did I die or did someone slip me some acid?"
Amd from there none of the responses reflect the thoughts of someone who rejects totalitarian and authoritarian rule.

This just a question that if Islam is true and day of judgment happens and it's proven it's not illusion or magic or sorcery happening what excuse would you offer?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Where did he claim to be more then a Prophet in the Gospels? And why is his acceptance contingent on Jews believing in him?
He claimed this his kingdom is not of this world etc.

Because the Jews were given the Torah and they were thus given the keys to understanding, in this paradigm, the true religion. They have the learning and the language etc. They know it best and if they say someone is not a prophet, he's not a prophet, imo.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He claimed this his kingdom is not of this world etc.

Because the Jews were given the Torah and they were thus given the keys to understanding, in this paradigm, the true religion. They have the learning and the language etc. They know it best and if they say someone is not a prophet, he's not a prophet, imo.

In my experience, Muslims are given the Quran, but don't understand it and misplace many words away from their proper place. I don't think a people being given a book means they held on to it and their judgment is true.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
In my experience, Muslims are given the Quran, but don't understand it and misplace many words away from their proper place. I don't think a people being given a book means they held on to it and their judgment is true.
I guess I just have much more faith in the Jews upholding their traditions and knowledge.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess I just have much more faith in the Jews upholding their traditions and knowledge.

So it seems. They didn't really show too much commitment per the Torah itself when they took the golden calf as a God in my view. Never depend on people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So it seems. They didn't really show too much commitment per the Torah itself when they took the golden calf as a God in my view. Never depend on people.
But, to me, the fact that God still made the covenant with them after that point suggests to me that they can indeed be trusted.

QuestioningMind

The Quran talks about this question. People will be asked what response they gave to the sent ones.

Hypothetically you are there and in your current state is your death state, and so what will be your response?

You failed to adequately identify who the genuine 'sent ones' were from the countless people who falsely claim to be among the 'sent ones', so clearly you didn't really care whether or not I got the message.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I think these messengers, while having good intentions were deluded thinking they were messengers from God.

While much of what they said I mostly agree with without their claiming authority from God, I don't believe they had such authority.

Saw no reason to believe they had this authority.
Lots of stories of miracles but I've seen how these stories can be created by otherwise good people in their desire to believe.

So expecting me to take these stories on faith having never met these individuals myself was not very realistic.

I wouldn't really feel the need to accept any responsibility for God's lack of foresight.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This just a question that if Islam is true and day of judgment happens and it's proven it's not illusion or magic or sorcery happening what excuse would you offer?
I offer no excuses. I reject totalitarian rule, I reject dictatorships, I reject authoritarianism. And there is no excuses, I reject the ways of Abraham's God, if any of them are true.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You are aware that this position is just as applicable to your own self as well?

Regards Tony