• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What resources can help us understand your religious or non-theist beliefs?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The question is in the title. What resources can help us better understand your current religious or non-theist beliefs?

Here are some resources for better understanding when I now speak of Wicca and witchcraft:

Wicca - Wikipedia

Wiccan Rede - Wikipedia

Rule of Three (Wicca) - Wikipedia

Horned God - Wikipedia

Triple Goddess (Neopaganism) - Wikipedia

I like reading about different traditions and theological concepts in various religions-mostly for educational purposes rather than religious since I have no context to understand it in full.

(PDF) Analogical Understanding of Divine Causality in Thomas Aquinas
God, divinities and spirits in African traditional religious ontology

Analogical Understanding of Divine Causality in Thomas Aquinas

(PDF) Analogical Understanding of Divine Causality in Thomas Aquinas

(PDF) Fear the unseen: supernatural belief and agency detection in virtual reality

And others. I've downloaded them.

I was creating a website on different concepts of god (consciousness, deity, first cause, life force, natural phenomena, experience, practice, spiritual awakening, creator/source, and so forth. I haven't worked on it in awhile. I'm writing essays as well. I want to look more into the theological perspective but that's not my expertise so it would be more layman opinionated.

Enjoy.[/URL]

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Silly links. here are the titles.

1. Analogical Understanding of Divine Causality in Thomas Aquinas

2. God, divinities and spirits in African traditional religious ontology

3. Neurotheology: The Neurobiology of Religious Experience

4. Fear the unseen: supernatural belief and agency detection in virtual reality

5. Religion, Science, and Synchronicity

6. Priming of supernatural agent concepts and agency detection

Most of them are on Researchgate if you look them up.

PureX

Veteran Member
What resources can help us better understand your current religious or non-theist beliefs?
(By the way, these are not the only options. Nor are they mutually exclusive.)

Read the Tao Te Ching at least once every ten years or so for the rest of your life. (More if you like.)

Read Thomas Merton's book, "Conjectures of s Guilty Bystander" and/or "A Thomas Merton Reader". Then revisit it/them, occasionally, there after.

Find an 'open' AA meeting nearby you, and attend the meeting there every week for 3 months (assuming that you are not an alcoholic, yourself) or until you have gained some real idea of what the alcoholics and addicts in those rooms are dealing with, and how they are getting through it. It will be a huge eye-opener regarding the whole idea of "free will", "self-help", and a "brotherhood of man".

Study art. Take a little time each week to look up an artist of any medium you like and try and figure out why they did what they did, or do what they do. Keep in mind they sometimes don't know, themselves. They are simply compelled, internally. But sometimes they do know, and are able to articulate it with surprising acuity.

Do these four things, with sincerity, and your life will change for the better, forever. I promise.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The question is in the title. What resources can help us better understand your current religious or non-theist beliefs?

Here are some resources for better understanding when I now speak of Wicca and witchcraft:

Wicca - Wikipedia

Wiccan Rede - Wikipedia

Rule of Three (Wicca) - Wikipedia

Horned God - Wikipedia

Triple Goddess (Neopaganism) - Wikipedia

Witchcraft - Wikipedia

Reading the links I posted, isn't a requirement for posting in this thread.
For Ahmadiyya peaceful Islam, one could please find a lot of material at:
Al Islam
The Official Website of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Official website

Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For Ahmadiyya peaceful Islam, one could please find a lot of material at:
Al Islam
The Official Website of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Official website
Right?

The core " Resource " or the Primary Source of Islam/Muhammad whatever the denomination is Quran- the only pristine and secure Direct Word of G-d/Allah with many natural and unique systems, anybody would acknowledge who reads it intently with an unbiased heart, I understand, please. Right?

Regards