• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religions do not believe in reincarnation?

savethedreams

Besides Abrahamic religions such as Jews-Muslims-Christians which religions normally disagree with the idea of reincarnation is some shape or form.

Reincarnation explains a lot and agrees withe Science, and my understanding of life and logic. So I research where this idea came from and its seems like it has been here a while before 'Jesus' and etc.

It seems honestly all most religions i have studied rather paga, wiccan, buddhist, hindu, shinto etc can all hold hands they have this entire string of thought but diffrent concept of that thought, until I get into 'Bible' topics...

So are Abrahamic religions the only religions that has no idea of reincarnation normally in there doctrine teachings? I knew some jews do, but normally jews don't.

St Giordano Bruno

Reincarnation is just life again as we know it. It is not an afterlife per se which is the position adopted by Abrahamic religions and few others. They generally believe there is an ongoing existence of the soul that is not the life as we know it such as going on to exist in such a supernatural realm such as Heaven or even the Valhalla of Norse mythology.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The Abrahamic religions are the primary religions that do not accept reincarnation. Although some pagan and tribal religions do not either, from what I understand. For instance some Native American tribes believe the soul lives on after death, but in a different form. Some Wiccans believe that once, after death, a soul goes to the Summerland, it does not return. And there are some within the Abrahamic religions that do accept reincarnation.

BruceDLimber

The Baha'i Faith doesn't believe in reincarnation, and its scriptures explain in detail why not!

Peace,

Bruce

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Forgot about Bahá'í, sorry Bruce! I love your religion, even if it does slip my mind in discussions sometimes. :D

jojo50

Besides Abrahamic religions such as Jews-Muslims-Christians which religions normally disagree with the idea of reincarnation is some shape or form.

Reincarnation explains a lot and agrees withe Science, and my understanding of life and logic. So I research where this idea came from and its seems like it has been here a while before 'Jesus' and etc.

It seems honestly all most religions i have studied rather paga, wiccan, buddhist, hindu, shinto etc can all hold hands they have this entire string of thought but diffrent concept of that thought, until I get into 'Bible' topics...

So are Abrahamic religions the only religions that has no idea of reincarnation normally in there doctrine teachings? I knew some jews do, but normally jews don't.
if humans died, then become alive again as another the same or being.then there would be no reason for Jehovah's son Jesus to resurrect Jairus' daughter, The son of the widow at Nain, and especially his friend Lazarus. he would have just said something to the effect of they're come back on their own,as another being. but he didn't,and if anyone whould know,would be Jesus. he Never talked about someone dying, and coming back as another being. because that isn't going to happen. many will be resurrected when it's time,and Jehovah feels , :sorry1: peace!

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
if humans died, then become alive again as another the same or being.then there would be no reason for Jehovah's son Jesus to resurrect Jairus' daughter, The son of the widow at Nain, and especially his friend Lazarus. he would have just said something to the effect of they're come back on their own,as another being. but he didn't,and if anyone whould know,would be Jesus. he Never talked about someone dying, and coming back as another being. because that isn't going to happen. many will be resurrected when it's time,and Jehovah feels , :sorry1: peace!

By the same token, if, when people died, they went either to a place of paradise or torment for eternity, then there would be no reason for the Buddha to teach us of rebirth, and that, if we fail to reach our goal in this life, we come back to work on it again.

St Giordano Bruno

For the best of my knowledge I don't think Norse pagans believed in reincarnation, they believed there were any of nine worlds waiting for us. They believed only warriors and those who died in battle would be rewarded with heaven's equivalent "Valhalla" or the great hall of the slain and those who died of disease, old age would or did not die a heroic death would go to Nifiheim which is a realm of cold and mist and ice or Múspellsheimr the realm of flames and fire demons.