• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Religions/Belief Systems do you Blend?

EmperorSwordMan

A Fantasy turned Real
Wouldn't be surprised if this was asked already, but what spiritual teachings do you blend together for your own path? Also why do you add teachings of the Religion or Belief System for your path? How does it speak to you and why are you interested in it? I'm still looking around, but I'm curious about all of you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Wouldn't be surprised if this was asked already, but what spiritual teachings do you blend together for your own path? Also why do you add teachings of the Religion or Belief System for your path? How does it speak to you and why are you interested in it? I'm still looking around, but I'm curious about all of you.

I'm all pagan.
Buddhist morals
Catholic experiences

Which all make up who I am in freedom of expression

Through art
Through poetry
Through dance

How I see life
My values
My actions
My foundation

Who I am
What I am

A collection of things
A religious gypsy

A human being

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So many people have a "supermarket" mentality when it comes to spiritual beliefs....a bit from here a little from there, and they are quite proud of the labels they have created for themselves.

I shop for food, but not my religious beliefs. If I believe that there is one God who created all, then I believe in the one guidebook he gave to humankind to teach them how to live and how to worship him acceptably. I need nothing more than to surround myself with like minded individuals who demonstrate that they love God as much as I do and will serve him shoulder to shoulder with me.

The identifying mark of true Christianity is "love among themselves" (John 13:35) This means that we all believe the same things and have no divisions, no disagreements. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

It took me a while, but I found them...or should I say, they found me. :)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My signature statement at the bottom of the page pretty much should be self explanatory, and a manifestation of my approach is that I really don't have any particular religious beliefs but, nevertheless, I am appreciative of what I believe are honest attempts by theists to try and explain our existence. On top of that, they provide morals and values for societies the world over. In anthropology, we consider religion to be one of the five "basic institutions" that all societies tend to have, to varying degrees of course, with the others being family, political, economic, and education.

But then there's the "other", more dark, side of religion, which most typically is a manifestation of the "my way or the highway" approach amongst myriads of adherents. Heck, we cannot even provide any objectively-derived evidence for God or Gods, and yet so many strut around like peacocks telling others in other faiths or non-faiths just how wrong they are.