• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religions and paths do you mix?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm saying the reason it was removed from the DSM-IV as a mental disorder is totally political.

Sources? Proof? Btw, you know that's an old hackneyed claim, right?

I don't care what someone who claims to speak for Taoism has to say. I'm not a Taoist. I have my own philosophy and it's not confined to a label.

Then don't speak on Taoism.

SOURCE FOR MY CLAIMS (well more a website thoroughly explaining my views on homosexuality: What Homosexuals Won't Tell You: Exposing Common Falsehoods

please read

:facepalm: I have now truly lost hope for mankind. I don't know whether to :biglaugh: or :sad4:

biased

:facepalm: I have now truly lost hope for mankind. I don't know whether to :biglaugh: or :sad4:

Click the link, I provided my source and I agree mostly with what that website says, what I skimmed over I agree with. Care to direct the attack against the content of the material rather than appeal to ridicule?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I did read it. I am directing the attack and ridicule against the content. If you agree with it, fine. But know it's old, outdated, ignorant and downright erroneous. And I'd still like to see the proof of this political agenda that had the DSM-IV changed.

biased

I did read it. I am directing the attack and ridicule against the content. If you agree with it, fine. But know it's old, outdated, ignorant and downright erroneous. And I'd still like to see the proof of this political agenda that had the DSM-IV changed.

Show me a contemporary source that specifically details that exact criticism being "outdated, ignorant and downright erroneous". It lines up with all the research I've done in addition to corresponding to spiritual and intuitive insights I've had myself.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Show me a contemporary source that specifically details that exact criticism being "outdated, ignorant and downright erroneous". It lines up with all the research I've done in addition to corresponding to spiritual and intuitive insights I've had myself.

What research have you done? Sources, credentials, papers, studies, peer reviewed? Have you researched both sides of the argument? You've had spiritual insights into homosexuality? Why? Why do you think about it so much? I am homosexual and I don't spend even a fraction of my day thinking about it. Except when I'm involved with inane conversations like this. Now that's a pathology!

10 Anti-Gay Myths Debunked | Southern Poverty Law Center
Speak Compassion » The Medical Dangers of Homosexuality REFUTED

biased

What research have you done? Sources, credentials, papers, studies, peer reviewed? Have you researched both sides of the argument? You've had spiritual insights into homosexuality? Why? Why do you think about it so much? I am homosexual and I don't spend even a fraction of my day thinking about it. Except when I'm involved with inane conversations like this. Now that's a pathology!

10 Anti-Gay Myths Debunked | Southern Poverty Law Center
Speak Compassion » The Medical Dangers of Homosexuality REFUTED

I think about everything. I have ADD, schizoaffective and I love mind altering chemicals. I'm very "liberal" with regards to how open I am to new perspectives.

I'll check out your links and revise my opinions if I feel that the evidence presented there is legitimate. I base most of my insights of respected journals in peer-reviewed sources for hard data like science and stuff.

For intuitive and spiritual, it's all me, I hate labels, categorizations, pidgeon-holing. I think about sexuality because I like to fap. Homosexuality is simply one facet which is thrown in my face via gay pride parades, various promotion of homosexuality acceptance by the media, etc. I can go on but I'll stop there.

Last edited:

FranklinMichaelV.3

I think about everything. I have ADD, schizoaffective and I love mind altering chemicals. I'm very "liberal" with regards to how open I am to new perspectives.

I'll check out your links and revise my opinions if I feel that the evidence presented there is legitimate. I base most of my insights of respected journals in peer-reviewed sources for hard data like science and stuff.

For intuitive and spiritual, it's all me, I hate labels, categorizations, pidgeon-holing. I think about sexuality because I like to fap. Homosexuality is simply one facet which is thrown in my face via gay pride parades, various promotion of homosexuality acceptance by the media, etc. I can go on but I'll stop there.

Lol why does no one ever complain about heterosexuality being thrown in our faces?

Also why is the defacto attack against homosexuality always "why would you want a penis up your pooper"...it's why I think that all arguments against homosexuality are purely social, and have nothing to actually do with peoples opinions of nature. It's always the issue of "men being submissive to men", and ignoring the female counterparts who are usually deemed as "hot"

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Through day dreaming and sessions of meditation, sleep, I have come to the conclusion the Kingdom
of Heaven is the Kingdom of the Æsir, the Jewish God for instance, I consider an Æsir God, whom
ordered Israel worship him alone over a pantheon or Kingdom of Gods. I would more than likely be
killed by some psychotic Jew but I'm not scared of Jews or Priests. Monotheism in a sense that
that God only.

Angels and Valkyrie are of the same Kingdom. I'm working on Greek which isn't foreign at all
it's just understanding if Zeus is or isn't a different God from Tyr, Thor or Odin. It's confusing
in readings and the mind and perhaps the Gods desire that anonymity. I think that various
Kingdoms were created and these Immortals traveled through these regions using various names
specific to those regions.

I think St.Michael was very much like a Norseman, Viking. But that is in the mind and in
myth and religion he, perhaps in spirit, is an extremely powerful super natural being.

I don't think most of religion spawned from Mesopotamia/Sumer/Babylon but was a very key
region.

In the Sagas the Gods traveled to the Garden of Iðunn, eventually taking the tree of knowledge.
I think this is the Garden of Eden which was supposedly in Iraq, there are teams working on
restoring this area in Iraq that may be the region of Eden, this area was destroyed by order of
Saddam. Whether or not it is the actual location of Eden is a continued debate.

Iðunn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if these correlations are correct that would be outstanding, but the Garden of Idunn was in
Asgard, the realm of the Gods/Heaven, and Eden is in Babylon, which should be Midgard. Unless
Earth is Asgard & Midgard.

Thinking the ancients had the key to immortality is thrilling.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I consider myself a Hindu (no specific tradition, but I am looking around) and a Unitarian Univeralist. In fact, I want to become a Unitarian minister, and perhaps include Dharmic philosophy and practice to my congregation.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
As the op says, what religions, philosophies, practices paths etc. do you practice?

Is there any reason why these ones?

I am a Deist but have been reading the Tao The Ching here lately and Taoism has definitely crept into my way of thinking as well.

NoraSariah

I believe in the Law of Attraction and have been mixing in a little bit of Buddhism, more of the stuff in the way you act and how you are as a person than in the rituals and stuff.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As for my eclectic path, my religion is Unitarian Universalism, though I have a decidedly Quaker bent. I also borrow from Hinduism, Buddhism, and the Baha'i faith!

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Not sure if Buddhist thought plus Atheism can really be called syncretism or not, seeing as Buddhism is an arguably atheistic philosophy, but there it is.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I syncretize Sufi mysticism, Islamic rituals, Shavaite meditation, Miamamsa philosophy along with Daoist and Buddhist philosophy why using Arabian pagan concepts for fun.

I really wish to learn how to pray like a Jew :D

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As a Unitarian Universalist, my own path reflects MAJOR Hindu influences (I plan on formal conversion) , but there are also elements of Sufism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Neopaganism/New Age Spirituality.