• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religions and paths do you mix?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Odion,

What religions and paths do you mix?
Nothing consciously but unconsciously it will be a mix of all or most as who knows the past that have traveled through, whose footprints still remain??

Love & rgds

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I sure do change majorly... but then again it's been a while since I've seen this thread, and I posted this before I began thinking critically.

I just want you all to know, I'm not one of those things anymore ew...

idea

Question Everything
My base is Mormonism, but I like many of the Eastern religions, and think their teachings of becoming selfless / letting go of the ego / serving others / not being materialistic are beautiful... Mormonism teaches these things too of coarse, but for some reason, I really like the poetry used in things like the tao Te Ching...

like:

51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. … feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 9:51)

vs:

The sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in her heart.
The more she does for others, the more she has.
The more she gives to others, the greater her abundance.
The sage knows herself, but makes no show,
Has self-respect, but is not arrogant.
The sage works without recognition.
She achieves what has to be done without dwelling on it.
She lets go of that,
and chooses this.

Dare to not be ahead of others.
Accept being unimportant.
Do not be concerned with loss or gain.
Why is the sea king of a hundred streams?
(Why does all water flow to the oceans?)
Because it lies below them all.

Empty yourself of everything.
Empty and be full..
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and window for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Usefulness (comes) from what is not there.

She who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.
She who grasps, loses.

The sage.. though there are beautiful things to be seen,
remains unattached and calm.
If you try to hold it, you will lose it.

Mormon Article of Faith 13 “If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things…” – no matter where they come from.

7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 29:7)

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I explore and occasionally syncretize Hermeticism and Western esotericism, Sufi poetry and concepts, and Gnostic thought.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I mix Christian ideas into whatever I'm discusssing, or at least compare Christian ideas to other religions, even though I'm not a practicing Christian, don't attend church etc.
I think there is such a thing as "cultural Christianity", which is why i will use the NT as a reference point to argue and compare ideas.
That being said, I've read other religious texts, such as the Bhagavad Gita, so I will also argue points from other religions if it's appropriate to the discussion.

1) my theologies include - Panenthism, polytheist, and monotheism

2) Philosophies include - Natural oder, individual inferiority/superiority, universalism, Kaizen, and theological monsim

3) Religions include - Islamic rituals (like salah), Christianity, Hinduism, and a lot of Pagan deities.

Also I incorporate ********ism (joking!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Primarily Hindu, but I'll revere and take the best from Christ and the Buddha, and others. I tend to cherry-pick. :D I consider Buddhism a continuation of Hinduism, much like Christianity is a continuation of Judaism. I don't technically worship them, but I have a small Buddha and Guanyin on my Hindu altar, and Jesuses and Marys all over the house (my partner is Catholic) along with Hindu deities and Buddhist figures. The house looks like an ecumenical council hall. :facepalm:

no-body

All of them. They're all related in the end. Separating the wheat from the chaff is essential as a mystic.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Primarily I mix hinduism and and paganism/neo-paganism along with the samurai philosophy of bushido. However I do still hold onto some of the christian values I was raised with and I want to look more into shintoism, a litttle bit of ancient greece through athena and artemis... some lilith, some lucifer, some satanism, I also have animal totems in the form of the wolf dolphin and dragon. That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm abound to think of more later.