• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Religion Would You Choose If You Had To Change

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Or if you're an atheist like me, if you had to get a religion period.

I would probably choose Confucianism because I really enjoyed the poetry in The Analects.

One the quotes that grabbed me was something along the lines of proper character in a person being formed by the rites as being the same as a simple garment being decorated with dye.

The point was just so concise that I've kept it with me ever since

So, what one would you pick? Would you pick something the polar opposite of your beliefs just to see what it was all about or would you pick something as close as possible to your beliefs?
Probably Germanic paganism.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Your welcome, but could I ask you want religion if any do you have time for ?.

Probably not very many at all.
I'm busy almost every day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep.
I have classes four days a week and work 6 days a week, I work at a local library and spend my time there studying.
I have maybe a little over 2 hours of my own time daily, and I devote that to my girlfriend as we are now living together.
Friday and Sunday are my off days, and I spend them with my girlfriend or studying.

More over than that, I am a strong atheist. I don't believe in any Gods at all, so that kills most religions.
The only religion I am aware of that doesn't require a God is Buddhism, which I certainly don't have time for.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Probably not very many at all.
I'm busy almost every day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep.
I have classes four days a week and work 6 days a week, I work at a local library and spend my time there studying.
I have maybe a little over 2 hours of my own time daily, and I devote that to my girlfriend as we are now living together.
Friday and Sunday are my off days, and I spend them with my girlfriend or studying.

More over than that, I am a strong atheist. I don't believe in any Gods at all, so that kills most religions.
The only religion I am aware of that doesn't require a God is Buddhism, which I certainly don't have time for.
Yes it sounds that you already have a good religion going on lol, I myself don't like any religion, I play around with them but don't take them serious, I sort of see metaphors within some of them that I can apply to life. I also see the whole Cosmos as what many would call God, the whole Cosmos is in my thinking One, and everything within it is playing its role, just like waves on the ocean, they seem separate from the ocean but they are in fact one with the ocean, and that's how I see the world that we think we know.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Yes it sounds that you already have a good religion going on lol, I myself don't like any religion, I play around with them but don't take them serious, I sort of see metaphors within some of them that I can apply to life. I also see the whole Cosmos as what many would call God, the whole Cosmos is in my thinking One, and everything within it is playing its role, just like waves on the ocean, they seem separate from the ocean but they are in fact one with the ocean, and that's how I see the world that we think we know.

That's a respectable view, thank you for sharing :D

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

I would probably choose Confucianism because I really enjoyed the poetry in The Analects.

One the quotes that grabbed me was something along the lines of proper character in a person being formed by the rites as being the same as a simple garment being decorated with dye.

So, what one would you pick? Would you pick something the polar opposite of your beliefs just to see what it was all about or would you pick something as close as possible to your beliefs?

Assuming for this hypothetical situation ANY religion is fair game, and possible...

NAC

No, not Apostolic whatnot, Native American Church.

Not just for the peyote, but because I'd still be tribal, with a People.

Well, mostly for the peyote... sounds a lot more interesting than matzoh ... ;)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If I had to pick a religion I'd most likely jump off the nearest cliff as I would suddenly be living in a world that I wouldn't want any part of.

Unification

They all have the same meanings, it's the interpretations of the different symbols that create all of the divide, and the labeling. Semantics. Behind all of that, there is only one religion, and it's all internal.

The religion of truth, wisdom, knowledge, love, inspiration, and peace I will choose.