• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion to follow?

Pick your poison. Some are less stinkier than others, but still poisonous. A little decent in them all though.

Going solo and on a self, inward mission can always be ideal.

siti

Hello @Shakazuluuuuu - are you really 15? I'm struggling to reconcile that with your "Jesuit" description - Jesuits are an order of priests in the RC church as far as I know. Anyway, welcome to RF.

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is
Hello @Shakazuluuuuu - are you really 15? I'm struggling to reconcile that with your "Jesuit" description - Jesuits are an order of priests in the RC church as far as I know. Anyway, welcome to RF.

I laid my knuckle on a church bench before there was the rosary carved. Put it that way.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
Hi I am a new lamb.
Neither is one "new" nor inherent a lamb, how ever lambs always follow their slaver.

As for what re-ligion (re-bondage) to follow, best a ligion (one which one hasn't take on in the past), one that leads to liberation, unbound, for dependency is always subject of suffering. Only one strong bond (ligion) to those having gained liberation or headed toward it, is sure to find the end of the yoke, where also ligion can be abounded.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What religion to follow?

Make a list, or better said, a grid. Put down everything that is important to you on the Y-axis and all the religions on the X-axis. As you investigate all the religions, list what you find repellent also on the Y-axis. You also may want to weigh the pros and cons.
Now fill your decision matrix with data. You'll find that some religions (e.g. Christianity) don't give conclusive answers. Then you just split that religion in all the denominations until you get answers.

It may take you some time (i.e. years) to come to a decision.

Or you question your question and simply become an agnostic or atheist.

Bird123

Hi I am a new lamb.

Hmmmm???? Must one really Follow to find God?

If one does choose to Follow, one must be very careful those one Follows has really found God. If they have found God, they will never ask you to Believe anything. They will point you to where you can find God for yourself.

Personally, I think everyone is capable of finding God. On the other hand, I find few who actually want to find God. Even so, it is still all OK! As I see it, finding God is not what we are all really here for.

Goodman John

Although I am loathe to recommend the internet for answers, in the past I found this short quiz to be rather revealing. It is the- yes, it's real- Belief-O-Matic quiz, hosted by Beliefnet.com. You'll answer about 20 or so questions ranging from your belief in the nature of God to your thoughts on abortion or reincarnation and so on. When you're done, it compares your responses to the teachings of 20+ different faiths and religions and shows you where you best fit in based on your answers. The key is to not answer with what you've been taught, but what you actually believe.

Very interestingly, though, in my former days as a Catholic I took the quiz a number of times, and I consistently scored very high with either Islam or Orthodox Judaism, with Roman Catholicism coming in very low on the totem pole!

Goodman John

Oh great- here I am delving into Catharism and this morning's result on the Belief-O-Matic puts me at 99% for both Hinduism and SIkhism with no form of Christianity higher than 85%! NOW WHAT DO I DO??? LOL