1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What religion is the one true religion?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Meandflower, Aug 2, 2021.

1. rational experiences

rational experiences Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    The God of science is taught by humans.

O a planet.
    Heavens with many gas spirits not us.
    Trees. Animals. Humans.

Science statement observation first.

Then ego says I know why.
    Then it says I know how.

Humans say God the planet can destroy our life at any moment. As it is reactive.

Scientific observation.

So humans tell their children love and honour life.

Then ego says I want to prove I am greater than any God. I will get its planets powers and blow myself up.

See said the human.parent told you to respect the God planet.

2. Meandflower

Meandflower Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,140
    Religion:
    Believer in God
    I disagree with you. Some paths is much better than the other. Only loving and kind paths is good. Only loving and kind paths lead to God.

3. Meandflower

Ratings:
    +1,140
    Religion:
    Believer in God
    I like your view :blush:

4. Meandflower

Ratings:
    +1,140
    Religion:
    Believer in God
    I agree with the Baha'i faith that many religions is from God and that the different religions in reality believe in the same God. That the different religions only describe and understand the same God in different ways.

I have a question to you. How do you know which messengers who is from God? And which messengers who is not from God according to your belief?

5. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle Silent Generation - so don't expect much
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,969
    Religion:
    Fellowship of the Mutable (agnostic atheist)
    But perhaps your someone is a presumption, and something might be more appropriate, and where so many of us are not exactly happy to accept such but it might be better than going down the road that believing in someone tends to lead. And logic doesn't suggest someone.

6. The Kilted Heathen

The Kilted Heathen Torolf Brucesson

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Religion:
    Heathenry
    Name me a religion that is "loving and good" and a religion that is not.

7. Windwalker

Windwalker Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,915
    Religion:
    Love, Light, and Life
    I don't say that myself, which is why I said, "I've been told children are born atheists". I didn't say I believed that. :)

You are correct, atheism and theism are both mental constructs. Infants don't have mental constructs yet. What an infant is, is 'open'. There are no divisions of this or that, God or no God, type cognitions. I only brought that up because that's a popular argument to make to support atheism and make it seem like it's not a belief itself, which it is of course.

Nothing wrong with atheism, just don't say it's not a belief about the concept of God. Don't say it's the "default position". An infant has no positions mentally on anything. Their reality boils down to eat and live, or don't eat and die. They're just an all consuming mouth seeking food early on. Philosophical views only develop long after language divides the world up into bits and pieces.

It's interesting as a child looking at the grand existential questions of the nature of existence, that you would think there has to be "someone" who created the world. Why a person? What age was that at you wondered that?

For me those first meta perspective question came at early adolescence, maybe 12 year old, with questions like why do I exist, why is all this here, is there a purpose to being, and the like. But I don't recall associating a cosmic person behind that.

I didn't really get exposed to religion formally for another 8 years later, where that Mystery was given a face in the images portrayed in biblical literature, which was of course anthropomorphic, a deity that was a lot like us humans, only bigger and a lot more powerful, threatening to us even.

#267 Windwalker, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  8. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,887
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I do not have a complete list, but here are the ones I am sure are from God:

Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah

9. Bree

Bree Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Religion:
    Jehovahs Witness
    The one true religion is the one that God approves of.

It is the religion that upholds his moral laws and lives by his standards.
    It is the religion that follows the path that Jesus laid.
    It is the religion that believes that Gods sovereignty is above all others.
    It is the religion that lives by his word and accepts the bible as the truth.
    It is the religion that actively does the work that God has assigned.

And for anyone who really wants to find it, God will lead you to it.

#269 Bree, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe more than one religion may be true but only one saves: Christianity.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe Christianity is more true. You can't do better than getting it straight from the horses mouth.

12. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe the source of Hindu writings is suspect at best and a good indication of how much truth there is in it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Shakeel

Shakeel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Religion:
    Islam
    The word them, according to scholars, refers to the people, but I don't see why it could not refer to other things at the same time, however, the mountains moving that tiny bit they allegly do, wouldn't on any way contradict the verse. Though the word translated as shift might cause some confusion since it can mean any movement, but most translations use the word shake.

The Clear Quran, Dr. Mustafa Khattab 21:31 "And We have placed firm mountains upon the earth so it does not shake with them, and made in it broad pathways so they may find their way."

Safi Kaskas "And We placed within the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We made valleys, as roadways as roadways that they might be guided [through them]."

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) "And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance."

Some others use sway...

Wahiduddin Khan "We set firm mountains upon the earth lest it should sway under them, and We placed therein passages for paths so that they might find their way."

Muhammad Asad "And [are they not aware that] We have set up firm mountains on earth, lest it sway with them, and [that] We have appointed thereon broad paths, so that they might find their way."

14. Polymath257

Polymath257 Think & Care
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +26,404
    Religion:
    Non-theist
    And it still makes no sense scientifically. The mountains do NOT prevent movement or shaking. They don't affect how much people experience the motion of the Earth.

So is the verse meaningless or simply false?

Again, all nonsense scientifically. no shaking, swaying, or other aspect are affected in any significant way by the mountains.

And the stuff about paths? you really consider this miraculous? At best, it is after-the-fact rationalization about stuff already known. Hardly a miraculous verse at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Willamena

Willamena Just me
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,644
    Religion:
    Mystics
    Just me.

Edit: Just me is uncomplicated, direct, and to the point. It circumvents the need for special people, buildings, and dogmatic texts to tell you "what it's about"; if you have to get your knowledge from others, then you're not doing it right. Just me is simple, cost effective, and manageable. It requires the only thing that you actually own and actually have any power over, and are empowered by your very existence to freely give away. Plus, there's ice cream.

#275 Willamena, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  16. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,887
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    How is Christianity straight from the horse's mouth?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thirza Fallen

Thirza Fallen Crazy Cat Lady

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Religion:
    Seeker
    I guess he was beholdened to the Christians who supported or at least went along with his efforts.

18. Thirza Fallen

Thirza Fallen Crazy Cat Lady

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Religion:
    Seeker
    One person's prophet is another person's crackpot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Kilted Heathen

The Kilted Heathen Torolf Brucesson

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Religion:
    Heathenry
    Indeed them, and the Occultists, and others who fed into the Nationalist ideology that relies heavily on religious iconography and fervor. We're seeing the exact same thing here in America with Trump and his followers, and it's equally alarming. Now, as then, it may look kind of like Christianity, but the Figurehead replaces god or Jesus, and they become the savior. In Nazism, Hitler was god and Messiah. He was the chosen one, the savior, etc. It was and still is a beast all it's own, practically a new religion; a cult built off extreme Christianity and occult mysticism.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Meandflower

Ratings:
    +1,140
    Religion:
    Believer in God
    Peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness is virtues from God. It is divine virtues.
    And sects within a spesific religion has different degrees of divine virtues. The different religious sects has different degrees of God's truth in it.

So the religious sects who teach most about those divine virtues like peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness and who do not teach hate and violence is really from God.

#280 Meandflower, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2