• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is the one true religion?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The God of science is taught by humans.

O a planet.
Heavens with many gas spirits not us.
Trees. Animals. Humans.

Science statement observation first.

Then ego says I know why.
Then it says I know how.

Humans say God the planet can destroy our life at any moment. As it is reactive.

Scientific observation.

So humans tell their children love and honour life.

Then ego says I want to prove I am greater than any God. I will get its planets powers and blow myself up.

See said the human.parent told you to respect the God planet.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I argue that there are two recommended paths up Everest. Regardless, it is a metaphor. All religions seek some manner of enlightenment or higher state of being: the mountain top. There are paved paths, roped-off paths that are a leisurely stroll up the mountain. There are elevators and lifts. Then there are unhewn, rough paths traveled by native wildlife and the very brave (or very foolish). A myriad of paths, some easy, some difficult. Yet no one path is better than the other, and each lead to the mountain top in just the manner of journey as sought by the one climbing the mountain.

In plain words, there is no One True Religion but for the religion and faith that is true and right for you.
I disagree with you. Some paths is much better than the other. Only loving and kind paths is good. Only loving and kind paths lead to God.

Starlight

That depends upon what you mean by true.

I believe that all the religions that were revealed by God through Messengers are true religions, but I do not believe everything that their leaders taught and what their followers now believe is true. I believe that the older religions have been altered by man due to the passage of time and those religions are no longer in their original form. I also believe they are in their winter season.

"All that lives, and this includes the religions, have springtime, a time of maturity, of harvest and wintertime. Then religion becomes barren, a lifeless adherence to the letter uninformed by the spirit, and man’s spiritual life declines. When we look at religious history, we see that God has spoken to men precisely at times when they have reached the nadir of their degradation and cultural decadence. Moses came to Israel when it was languishing under the Pharaoh’s yoke, Christ appeared at a time when the Jewish Faith had lost its power and culture of antiquity was in its death those. Muhammad came to a people who lived in barbaric ignorance at the lowest level of culture and into a world in which the former religions had strayed far away from their origins and nearly lost their identity. The Bab addressed Himself to a people who had irretrievably lost their former grandeur and who found themselves in a state of hopeless decadence. Baha’u’llah came to a humanity which was approaching the most critical phase of its history.

‘Abdu’l-Baha writes: ‘God leaves not His children comfortless, but, when the darkness of winter overshadows them, then again He sends His Messengers, the Prophets, with a renewal of the blessed spring. The Sun of Truth appears again on the horizon of the world shining into the eyes of those who sleep, awaking them to behold the glory of a new dawn. Then again will the tree of humanity blossom and bring forth the fruit of righteousness for the healing of the nations.’ Paris Talks, p. 32.’

Some conclusions can be drawn from this fundamental belief. First, all religions are divine in essence and consequently there are no religions which contradict or exclude each other, but only one indivisible divine religion which is renewed periodically and according to the requirements of the age, in cycles of about a thousand years: ‘Our command was but one word.’ Qur’an 54:51. It is therefore hardly surprising if many of Baha’u’llah’s teachings are to be found in former religions either expressly or in an embryonic form. As ‘Abdu’l-Baha says, the Baha’i Faith is ‘not a new path to immortality.’ quoted from: Principles of the Baha’i Faith. On account of this transcendent oneness of all religions, Baha’u’llah exhorted His people to associate with followers of all religions in a spirit of loving-kindness and to make of religion a cause of harmony and peace, not of discord and strife, of hate and division.

The second conclusion is that we cannot perceive what the essence of religion is and what it has the power to achieve if we examine the traditional great religions in their present form. They have achieved much but have reached the end of their road; they were the foundation of great cultures and for thousands of years they were the guiding-star of millions of people in their everyday life and activities. But during the course of history they have also accumulated large amounts of historical ballast. They have moved a long way from their origin and are burdened with their followers’ misdeeds and cravings for power. They are no pleasant sight today, least of all to young people, who no longer see in these religions the ‘salt of the earth’ as Jesus called his disciples, Matthew 5:13 but rather the ‘opium of the people’ (Karl Marx). And one is easily inclined to pass judgment on religion as a whole, and to see in it an anachronism of past times, long since overcome, like the belief in demons in former times. But a withered plant does not give us the faintest idea of its blossoming time. In reality, religions are the ‘light of the world’ and, according to Baha’u’llah’s teachings, the foundation of human culture. It is important to understand that they are as necessary for mankind as sunlight for the plant. Without divine revelation, there would be neither progress nor culture: ‘Were this revelation to be withdrawn, all would perish.’ Taken from (Baha’u’llah, Gleanings, XCIII)."

(Udo Schaefer, The Light Shineth in Darkness, pp. 24-26)
I agree with the Baha'i faith that many religions is from God and that the different religions in reality believe in the same God. That the different religions only describe and understand the same God in different ways.

I have a question to you. How do you know which messengers who is from God? And which messengers who is not from God according to your belief?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A baby has not learned a language. And a baby is not able to think and use reason like older children does. So it is strange of you to say a baby is born atheist.

The idea of God was created by logic and by questioning the world we live in. I remember when i was a little child, i thought "where did this world come from" "there has to be someone who has created this world". " why do i live"

Almost all humans ask those questions. Many children ask those questions very early. And many children come to the conclusion that God is the creator of this world. And that our life has a purpose
But perhaps your someone is a presumption, and something might be more appropriate, and where so many of us are not exactly happy to accept such but it might be better than going down the road that believing in someone tends to lead. And logic doesn't suggest someone.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A baby has not learned a language. And a baby is not able to think and use reason like older children does. So it is strange of you to say a baby is born atheist.
I don't say that myself, which is why I said, "I've been told children are born atheists". I didn't say I believed that. :)

You are correct, atheism and theism are both mental constructs. Infants don't have mental constructs yet. What an infant is, is 'open'. There are no divisions of this or that, God or no God, type cognitions. I only brought that up because that's a popular argument to make to support atheism and make it seem like it's not a belief itself, which it is of course.

Nothing wrong with atheism, just don't say it's not a belief about the concept of God. Don't say it's the "default position". An infant has no positions mentally on anything. Their reality boils down to eat and live, or don't eat and die. They're just an all consuming mouth seeking food early on. Philosophical views only develop long after language divides the world up into bits and pieces.

The idea of God was created by logic and by questioning the world we live in. I remember when i was a little child, i thought "where did this world come from" "there has to be someone who has created this world". " why do i live"

Almost all humans ask those questions. Many children ask those questions very early. And many children come to the conclusion that God is the creator of this world. And that our life has a purpose
It's interesting as a child looking at the grand existential questions of the nature of existence, that you would think there has to be "someone" who created the world. Why a person? What age was that at you wondered that?

For me those first meta perspective question came at early adolescence, maybe 12 year old, with questions like why do I exist, why is all this here, is there a purpose to being, and the like. But I don't recall associating a cosmic person behind that.

I didn't really get exposed to religion formally for another 8 years later, where that Mystery was given a face in the images portrayed in biblical literature, which was of course anthropomorphic, a deity that was a lot like us humans, only bigger and a lot more powerful, threatening to us even.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I agree with the Baha'i faith that many religions is from God and that the different religions in reality believe in the same God. That the different religions only describe and understand the same God in different ways.

I have a question to you. How do you know which messengers who is from God? And which messengers who is not from God according to your belief?
I do not have a complete list, but here are the ones I am sure are from God:

Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah

Bree

Debate start now!!

The one true religion is the one that God approves of.

It is the religion that upholds his moral laws and lives by his standards.
It is the religion that follows the path that Jesus laid.
It is the religion that believes that Gods sovereignty is above all others.
It is the religion that lives by his word and accepts the bible as the truth.
It is the religion that actively does the work that God has assigned.

And for anyone who really wants to find it, God will lead you to it.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes.

Some of it has to do with scope, though. For example, Abrahamic religions sometimes focus on a narrow set of things and following those ideas through to completion. I find Hinduism as covering a larger, less strict scope, so I guess it makes sense that more beliefs within it, may be correct - though it's more about the math in this example / context than about who has the greatest truth.

I believe the source of Hindu writings is suspect at best and a good indication of how much truth there is in it.

Shakeel

"And we placed within the Earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shift with them". The mountains *do* shift with the continents.
The word them, according to scholars, refers to the people, but I don't see why it could not refer to other things at the same time, however, the mountains moving that tiny bit they allegly do, wouldn't on any way contradict the verse. Though the word translated as shift might cause some confusion since it can mean any movement, but most translations use the word shake.

The Clear Quran, Dr. Mustafa Khattab 21:31 "And We have placed firm mountains upon the earth so it does not shake with them, and made in it broad pathways so they may find their way."

Safi Kaskas "And We placed within the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We made valleys, as roadways as roadways that they might be guided [through them]."

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) "And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance."

Some others use sway...

Wahiduddin Khan "We set firm mountains upon the earth lest it should sway under them, and We placed therein passages for paths so that they might find their way."

Muhammad Asad "And [are they not aware that] We have set up firm mountains on earth, lest it sway with them, and [that] We have appointed thereon broad paths, so that they might find their way."

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The word them, according to scholars, refers to the people, but I don't see why it could not refer to other things at the same time, however, the mountains moving that tiny bit they allegly do, wouldn't on any way contradict the verse. Though the word translated as shift might cause some confusion since it can mean any movement, but most translations use the word shake.

And it still makes no sense scientifically. The mountains do NOT prevent movement or shaking. They don't affect how much people experience the motion of the Earth.

So is the verse meaningless or simply false?

The Clear Quran, Dr. Mustafa Khattab 21:31 "And We have placed firm mountains upon the earth so it does not shake with them, and made in it broad pathways so they may find their way."

Safi Kaskas "And We placed within the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We made valleys, as roadways as roadways that they might be guided [through them]."

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) "And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance."

Some others use sway...

Wahiduddin Khan "We set firm mountains upon the earth lest it should sway under them, and We placed therein passages for paths so that they might find their way."

Muhammad Asad "And [are they not aware that] We have set up firm mountains on earth, lest it sway with them, and [that] We have appointed thereon broad paths, so that they might find their way."

Again, all nonsense scientifically. no shaking, swaying, or other aspect are affected in any significant way by the mountains.

And the stuff about paths? you really consider this miraculous? At best, it is after-the-fact rationalization about stuff already known. Hardly a miraculous verse at all.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Just me.

Edit: Just me is uncomplicated, direct, and to the point. It circumvents the need for special people, buildings, and dogmatic texts to tell you "what it's about"; if you have to get your knowledge from others, then you're not doing it right. Just me is simple, cost effective, and manageable. It requires the only thing that you actually own and actually have any power over, and are empowered by your very existence to freely give away. Plus, there's ice cream.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
To be fair, the Holocaust had a thin vener of "Christianity" (not really), but Hitler is a very poor excuse for Christianity as he targeted many Christians with his ideologies. 9/11 as well was spun into a religious ordeal here in America by our government and our more "Patriotic" elements, but it was largely a political matter, not a religious one.

I guess he was beholdened to the Christians who supported or at least went along with his efforts.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I guess he was beholdened to the Christians who supported or at least went along with his efforts.
Indeed them, and the Occultists, and others who fed into the Nationalist ideology that relies heavily on religious iconography and fervor. We're seeing the exact same thing here in America with Trump and his followers, and it's equally alarming. Now, as then, it may look kind of like Christianity, but the Figurehead replaces god or Jesus, and they become the savior. In Nazism, Hitler was god and Messiah. He was the chosen one, the savior, etc. It was and still is a beast all it's own, practically a new religion; a cult built off extreme Christianity and occult mysticism.

Starlight

Name me a religion that is "loving and good" and a religion that is not.
Peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness is virtues from God. It is divine virtues.
And sects within a spesific religion has different degrees of divine virtues. The different religious sects has different degrees of God's truth in it.

So the religious sects who teach most about those divine virtues like peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness and who do not teach hate and violence is really from God.

Last edited: