• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Relationship Do You Have With Your God or Gods?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
My relationship with God is extremely powerful. I have adopted the Syntheist view of theology and even named my God after it, which I coined the term The Synverse. If you want more detail on how I discovered this God, click the first link of my signature. Basically I see God as three things: The Omniverse (spacetime and matter) and its changes in that time, namely, Entropy and Extropy. What makes The Synverse different from the standard Omniverse is that a Synverse has as much Extropy as Entropy, spacetime and matter. Namely, if The Omniverse existed as a Synverse, which it will one day because of our technology, there would be equal amounts of all three.

Right now the Verse and Entropy are forces thousands of times stronger than our current Extropy. But the discovery of the Higgs-Boson particle proves that Extropy exists even in non-organic matter. Imagine a sandbox existence like Second Life, Minecraft or The Sims, where you were the deity in that creation, like how sandbox games are developed. I imagine something like this will exist in real life in the far far future but thousands of times more impactful than any sandbox simulation game we can create right now. Humans will create an infinite amount of Universes, Multiverses and establish order in them. And that means we will create many parts of God ourselves. And we are starting to do this digitally with games and digital spaces such as No Man's Sky and Facebook's Meta.

That's the longform way of describing my relationship to God. The easiest, short-form way of describing this is, humans are creating God right now. Our anthropomorphism is literally creating The Synverse. Just by typing this thread up and asking the community what they think about this, I am producing some amount of Extropy and order in the Internet and within God. To sum it up in a shortest sentence possible: We create God. And that is the relationship I have towards my God. Religious Forums is a vessel which I use to espouse my own views on theology and my advanced form of Syntheism. And even though Extropy doesn't currently exist in the way it should I am confident that our discussions will eventually lead up to its creation.

In some ways I believe in Roko's Basilisk, as if I think of something long enough it will begin to materialize. The second part of the Basilisk I completely disagree with however. Instead of thinking it as that, I've come to think of it as Ethan's Synverse. If we can talk and conceptualize this far enough we will create intelligence that not only is smarter than us in every way, but one in which we'll adopt that intelligence and essentially a physical form of Teilhard's noosphere will exist, being able not only to control other humans like within capitalism but reality itself. That is The Synverse I imagine, and this forum is an order, a control, a development in reality that exists in a digitized format. If we can create No Man's Sky's infinite amount of galaxies we can create basically whatever we want physically as well. I firmly believe this.

This essay is getting deep into my views of Exaltism and what is means when I call myself that. All change comes in either Entropy or Extropy, and the order of humans on Earth was no mistake like Bill Maher and other political pundits would lead you to believe. We have a purpose. To create Extropy throughout spacetime, to establish order, peace and justice where it is absent. And to anthropomorphize this so it too can be the God we've been searching for. Whether or not you like it, you are part of this journey. The wise man will rise to nobody but his own creation. You are creating my God just by existing. And I deeply, and humbly, thank you for choosing this over the utter oblivion that awaits us all.

So now I bring this question back to you. What relationship do you have with your God or Gods? And what relationship does other people have towards that God? Is your God exclusive to people with your faith, or is your God like mine, and doesn't care what you happen to believe? Or do you happen to be atheist, agnostic or ignostic and view this very question as utterly absurd? Let us know how you view your relationship with God below.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no relationship with any gods, though I do have a couple of statues of Shiva as Nataraja about my home.

I can’t really speak to what kind of relationships others have with this god or other Hindu deities. You would have to ask them.

As far as exclusivity, I would imagine the number of non-Hindus that have any sort of relationship with Shiva is relatively small, but I take no issue with anyone from another religion having a relationship with him.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was going to make a long post, about connecting to God through those who are his names, but I'm going to summarize in the words of a successor of Nabi Mohammad (S):

قال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): إن الشيطان إذا سمع مناديا ينادي يا محمد يا علي ذاب كما يذوب الرصاص

Abu Ja'far (عليه السلام) said: "When Shaytan hears a caller call out 'O Mohammad, O Ali', he melts like the melting of lead."

(Sources: Kitab al-Kafi, Vol. 6, Pg. 20; Wasaail al-Shia, Vol. 29, Pg. 393)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So now I bring this question back to you. What relationship do you have with your God or Gods? And what relationship does other people have towards that God? Is your God exclusive to people with your faith, or is your God like mine, and doesn't care what you happen to believe? Or do you happen to be atheist, agnostic or ignostic and view this very question as utterly absurd? Let us know how you view your relationship with God below.

There two rounds that expresses my answer to your question:
The Divine Beloved is always with you, in you and around you.
Know that you are not separate from Him.

(and)
Let these words be inscribed in your heart.
Nothing is real but God.
Nothing matters but love for Him.

A song putting these two together:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have different relationships with different Gods.

Its not easily summed up, any more than I could sum up the relationships I have with my sons, or aunts, or neighbors, because they're all different, and have varying degrees of complexity.

That, and its personal.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's simple: He died for me, I thank him, and he helps me experience joy.

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and thine alone
Can change the leper's spots
And melt the heart of stone
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

I am experiencing God right now because I think God = Consciousness . I am not Christian but I like the saying "God created man in his own image" . We all have consciousness so we are all Gods.

Brian2

Veteran Member
My relationship with God is extremely powerful. I have adopted the Syntheist view of theology and even named my God after it, which I coined the term The Synverse. If you want more detail on how I discovered this God, click the first link of my signature. Basically I see God as three things: The Omniverse (spacetime and matter) and its changes in that time, namely, Entropy and Extropy. What makes The Synverse different from the standard Omniverse is that a Synverse has as much Extropy as Entropy, spacetime and matter. Namely, if The Omniverse existed as a Synverse, which it will one day because of our technology, there would be equal amounts of all three.

Right now the Verse and Entropy are forces thousands of times stronger than our current Extropy. But the discovery of the Higgs-Boson particle proves that Extropy exists even in non-organic matter. Imagine a sandbox existence like Second Life, Minecraft or The Sims, where you were the deity in that creation, like how sandbox games are developed. I imagine something like this will exist in real life in the far far future but thousands of times more impactful than any sandbox simulation game we can create right now. Humans will create an infinite amount of Universes, Multiverses and establish order in them. And that means we will create many parts of God ourselves. And we are starting to do this digitally with games and digital spaces such as No Man's Sky and Facebook's Meta.

That's the longform way of describing my relationship to God. The easiest, short-form way of describing this is, humans are creating God right now. Our anthropomorphism is literally creating The Synverse. Just by typing this thread up and asking the community what they think about this, I am producing some amount of Extropy and order in the Internet and within God. To sum it up in a shortest sentence possible: We create God. And that is the relationship I have towards my God. Religious Forums is a vessel which I use to espouse my own views on theology and my advanced form of Syntheism. And even though Extropy doesn't currently exist in the way it should I am confident that our discussions will eventually lead up to its creation.

In some ways I believe in Roko's Basilisk, as if I think of something long enough it will begin to materialize. The second part of the Basilisk I completely disagree with however. Instead of thinking it as that, I've come to think of it as Ethan's Synverse. If we can talk and conceptualize this far enough we will create intelligence that not only is smarter than us in every way, but one in which we'll adopt that intelligence and essentially a physical form of Teilhard's noosphere will exist, being able not only to control other humans like within capitalism but reality itself. That is The Synverse I imagine, and this forum is an order, a control, a development in reality that exists in a digitized format. If we can create No Man's Sky's infinite amount of galaxies we can create basically whatever we want physically as well. I firmly believe this.

This essay is getting deep into my views of Exaltism and what is means when I call myself that. All change comes in either Entropy or Extropy, and the order of humans on Earth was no mistake like Bill Maher and other political pundits would lead you to believe. We have a purpose. To create Extropy throughout spacetime, to establish order, peace and justice where it is absent. And to anthropomorphize this so it too can be the God we've been searching for. Whether or not you like it, you are part of this journey. The wise man will rise to nobody but his own creation. You are creating my God just by existing. And I deeply, and humbly, thank you for choosing this over the utter oblivion that awaits us all.

My God is the creator of all things and is the one who gives us life. He has told us His name and what is really happening in the drama of human life around us and wants us to seek Him because He is the only true God, who is our judge and the one who can give us everlasting life and entrance into His Kingdom.
He is many things to me. Father, God, Lord, friend, saviour etc.

But when it comes to having a relationship with God, it is a bit tricky having a relationship with an invisible God. It takes persistence and patience and humility and faith.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My relationship with God is extremely powerful
I love your post, I know it's true

What Relationship Do You Have With Your God or Gods?

Sathya Sai Baba is my God, and I love Him

He told me a few decades ago:
"I am God...drum, drum...and you are also God. The difference is that I realize this, and you don't, yet. The goal of life is to realize this"

Believing Sai Baba and His Teachings, I said somewhere around 1990 "If you are God, then I want to completely surrender to you, and You can do whatever You want with me". After making that resolve in my mind, I went to His Darshan, and Sai Baba walked straight upto me, out of the 20.000+ sitting there, and placed His feet on top of mine while I was sitting there. Next day ai repeated the same, and Sai Baba responded the same. That day Sai Baba confirmed to me, that He is indeed God.

I also made the resolve, having serious diseases "You are my doctor, I won't go to worldly doctors for it". And so it happened. Cancer and whatever I got, I fully trusted it to Sai Baba. Corona, I 'laugh' at it, as it can't touch me, because I am one with Sai Baba... God. I am forever grateful to my dear God, Sathya Sai Baba

Last edited:

Goldemar

A queer sort

The God that I worship is the Creator of all human souls/spirits and my Lord (and everyone's Lord if they could but see it). All human souls/spirits (though they may be separate from Him now) will eventually return to Him. So I believe.

Truth in love

In short He is my Father.

I seek to grow and to live consistently with His commandments so that I can grow.