• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What race are you sexually attracted to most?

muhammad_isa

Racial heritage is a big part of culture in many places, especially in Europe and East Asia. If the races disappear then so will those cultures, and will be replaced with foreign cultures.
I know what you mean, but in reality, we have all evolved over time and culture is ALWAYS changing!
For example, Christianity hasn't always been the majority religion in Europe :)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
LOL, right.... A rottweiler and a wolf are not distinguishable either...
They really aren't very different, genetically.
But the various inhabitants of Canaa were much less different than that. It's mostly just eurochristians, looking for biblical support for racism, that don't get that.
Tom

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
They really aren't very different, genetically.

Really now? How else where the Israelites able to distinguish between them and their own? Did you ever read these other passages?

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee. Leviticus 19:19

(“Field” is a reference to descended offspring, and “garment mingled of linen of wollen” (other versions say “clothing mixed with two kinds of material”) refers to a person who is a hybrid of two different races.)

But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people. Leviticus 20:24

Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled. Deuteronomy 22:9

A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord. Deuteronomy 23:2

(Where “*******” in the KJV is used in this passage, the Hebrew is מַמְזֵר or “mamzer,” which means “mongrel race” in this context. The Greek Septuagint (LXX) uses “allogenes,” which is a combination of two Greek words, "allos" meaning other, and "genos" meaning race.)

Make all the personal interpretations you want. Canaanites were descended form Canaan. Israelites descended from Shem. Do you have any idea of how much of a concentration of genetic information there was between each of Noah's sons and their descendants?

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
I know what you mean, but in reality, we have all evolved over time and culture is ALWAYS changing!
For example, Christianity hasn't always been the majority religion in Europe :)

Just because it does doesn't mean it should. Many cultures have destroyed other cultures, etc. Take the Arab invasion of Sweden as an example.

It is clear now that you're definitely not one to decide who the jerks are.

Talmai

I just read some exchanged messages in this thread about Israelites and Canaanites being racially distinct. It has been my experience that people who make that claim (that Israelites and Canaanites are two distinct races) are always believers in some racialized form of Christianity, e.g., Christian Identity or Black Hebrew Israelites. However, I am not bearing false witness against anyone here. The Children of Israel never were a race. They are a nation whose members have almost always been of diverse ancestries.