1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What Proves Your Religion, Or Lack of It?

Discussion in 'Seekers Circle' started by Ellen Brown, Jan 1, 2019.

1. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,481
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    Thanks for sharing.

I like to solve mysteries, but I don't expect anyone will ever prove that God exists. Just common sense. If God really exists all the smart guys, and there were many, in the past millenia would have proven it already long time ago. Theist do make solving it a problem themselves by having each a different version of the same word "God". That does not help much in solving it ... on the contrary, it indicates to me even more, that God does not exist.

#61 stvdv, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,062
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    I feel your pain, and at the same time, I sense your strength - a strength that many have in the face of pain brought on by wicked men.
    It reminds me of the song Moses and the Israelites sang, after being delivered from the Egyptian army.
    Exodus 15:2 My strength and my might is Jah, since he has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

You are doing well, in looking to your God,
    He alone will continue to strengthen you.

We live in an imperfect world, and it is difficult knowing whom to trust.
    Especially, is this the case, since the ruler of this world (mankind alienated from God), has control over the masses, and his spirit is reflected in "everything under the sun".

Being able to identify what does not belong to him, is difficult, but not impossible.
    Have you heard of the three Hes? Honest; Humble; Hungry.
    It makes sense to me that these three things are required for one to make it through this world.

One must be honest about their motives and heart's desires; humble at heart - that is, like a little child, willing and eager to learn; hungry for the truth.
    It is said in scripture, "All your sons will be taught by Jehovah."
    Isaiah 54:13; John 6:45

So the creator - the one possessing truth is willing to teach us, but we must have the three Hes.
    The scriptures are what the creator uses to teach, along with his guidance by holy spirit (one has to verify this for themselves. I have).

Jesus Christ therefore, is the one we are to imitate and follow. By doing so, we are listen - being taught.
    He made it clear that we can identify his followers.

No one is perfect, but those who try their best to live by Christ's teachings, and follow his example leave a clear mark for all to see - as an organization/group, who is practicing true worship.

So what proves true worship, or religion acceptable to God?
    By this all will know that you are my disciples - if you have love among yourselves. (John 13:35)

Stay strong.
    1 Peter 5:10 But after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish your training. He will make you firm, he will make you strong, he will firmly ground you.

Isaiah 41:10
    10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.
    11 Look! All those getting enraged against you will be put to shame and humiliated.
    Those who fight with you will be brought to nothing and perish.
    12 You will search for men who struggle with you, but you will not find them;
    The men at war with you will become as something nonexistent, as nothing at all.
    For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand,
    The One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I will help you.’

Isaiah 40:28-31
    28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? Jehovah, the Creator of the ends of the earth, is a God for all eternity. He never tires out or grows weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29He gives power to the tired one And full might to those lacking strength. 30 Boys will tire out and grow weary, And young men will stumble and fall, 31 But those hoping in Jehovah will regain power. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; They will walk and not tire out.

1 Peter 5:6, 7
    6Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time, 7while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Psalm 6:6-9
    6I have grown weary with my sighing; All night long I soak my bed with tears; I flood my couch with weeping. 7 My eye is weak from my grief; It has dimmed because of all those harassing me. 8 Get away from me, all you who behave wickedly, For Jehovah will hear the sound of my weeping. 9Jehovah will hear my request for favor; Jehovah will accept my prayer.

Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces. The reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, For Jehovah himself has spoken it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. GoldenThread

GoldenThread Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Religion:
    Christian
    I can appreciate the thought that it shouldn't be a 'rude' awakening; but I think it leaves out the point of how bias we are towards ourselves.

In other words, we hear what we want to hear and see what we want to see. If someone comes along and shows us just how wrong we actually have been, then the awakening will be 'rude', because we deceived ourselves in believing that we weren't 'that bad'.

If we stay like little children, however, and keep our heart soft to God, then these awakenings will be progressively less 'rude'.

In peace