1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What Proves Your Religion, Or Lack of It?

Discussion in 'Seekers Circle' started by Ellen Brown, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +55,985
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    I trust government even less than clergy.

2. Shantanu

Shantanu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    Satya-advaita (Truth Accommodation)
    :)

3. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    I never understood the point of having a religion and not follow one's beliefs. If that's the case, it's better not to have a religion at all. At least it's honest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Salvador

Salvador RF's Swedenborgian

Ratings:
    +1,680
    Religion:
    Swedenborgianism
    As opposed to a total lack of evidence for an Abrahamic version of God, there's some inconclusive or weak evidence for a higher power than man- i.e. - Salvador's God ...:)

Salvador's God is our cosmic ancestor/cosmic ancestors whose extraterrestrial intelligence has left its/their mark in our genetic code ....as evident by how the numeric and semantic message of 037 appears in our genetic code. Each codon relates to 3 other particular codons having the same particular type of initial nucleobase and sequential nucleobase subsequently then followed by a different ending nucleobase. Half of these 4 set of codon groups ( whole family codons ) each code for the same particular amino acid. The other half of those 4 set of codon groups ( split codons ) don't code for the same amino acid. So then, in the case of whole family codons, there are 37 amino acid peptide chain nucleons for each relevant nucleobase determinant of how a particular amino acid gets coded. Start codons express 0 at the beginning of 37 Hence, the semantic message of 037 gets unambiguously and factually conveyed to us descendants of our cosmic ancestor(s) with our genetic code invented by a superior intelligence beyond that of anybody presently bound to Earth.

Salvador's God is the proposed creator of our genetic code as evident in the "WOW! Signal of the Terrestrial Genetic Code" that scientists discovered back in 2012.

#24 Salvador, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  5. GoldenThread

GoldenThread Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Religion:
    Christian
    I agree! If someone doesn't believe what their religion preaches, then they can't proclaim to follow that religion.

When I say believe, I am talking about the actions that follow the belief. For example, if someone believes in the Torah (like Jews), then they should follow the laws written in the Torah. Simple, eh?

Take this concept to any religion, then the fake guys will be exposed for what they are.

In peace

6. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,483
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    I saw you are from US ... so "The System" and perpetrators are US ... I guess. When I think in such strong terms I always think of Russia or North Korea type of countries. But even in Holland really bad things happen, I know. Glad I am not aware of all of it though.

I really wish you the best for 2019+. Anger/hate/rage is a tough one to get rid of in my experience. I have lots of rage still in me. Luckily I don't feel ashamed, but I also don't know how to get rid of it. I tried lots of things ... but now I gave up to get rid of it.

Again I wish you all the best, and I will pray
    May God Bless us all and help us to overcome this rage (I can't do it myself ... I definitely need divine help to tackle that one)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,050
    I'm probably the worst fake because everything I see in religions is so flawed, and being the ungratified perfectionist that I am ... I think that perhaps the truth is a mix of the books and Prometheus perhaps.

8. GoldenThread

GoldenThread Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Religion:
    Christian
    Possibly. Another alternative that you can consider is that fact that we tend to have a bias on what we want the truth to be.

It a truth is uncomfortable, yet can be proven, then we tend to put our heads in the ground like an ostrich and say," well if I don't see the truth, then it must not be real."

I think there will be a rude awakening for mankind, maybe even myself, when the truth comes to smack us in the face and all our lies and deceit get exposed for what they are.

In peace

9. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,483
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    How I see it. There is "Absolute Truth" (didn't find that one yet; not sure if it is even possible)

There is "Relative Truth" ... the Truth How each person sees it. Young kid just mastering counting on his fingers really beliefs 4+7 is 11. But when studying a little more you learn some other Relative Truth about this simple example. 4+7=B (hexadecimal) or it's "13"(octal counting) or "1011" (binary counting).

The same with spiritual truth. Even science started with flat earth. And due to emotional traumas Truth is seen in a different way also.

Being aware of all these things and accepting "who I am", without judging myself AND therefore not judging others, there won't be a "rude awakening". This rude awakening IMHO only comes because others placed on us (each other) this guilt feeling. And the topper is "God is judgmental. More and more I learn to let go these guilt/judgmental feelings. Then awakening will be just happening (not rude),

10. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,687
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    If you use that criteria then you’ll never find truth because humanity will never be perfect. We all have faults yourself & myself included.

My criteria whether something is true or not is to look at the Founder & His Teachings.

For instance Jesus taught love, forgiveness, compassion and to sacrifice and He is the Perfect Educator because He lived these truths. So I believe Jesus is true just like I do all the other Educators like Buddha, and Krishna Who were Perfect Beings in my opinion.

I follow only those I believe were Perfect not imperfect people. So there is a difference in judging God by imperfect people or looking at the perfection of the teachings which come from Him.

So for example I accept Jesus and the Gospels as truth but not the priests sermons or what they write or laws they have made.

If I looked towards imperfect people I would not see perfection but many imperfections but if I look toward the Educators I can have complete confidence and faith that what they teach is good for all.

If we choose not to obey these laws then that’s not God’s fault. If we’re are encouraged to love and we hate then we are solely to blame.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Shantanu

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    That is not a very productive attitude.

12. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +19,853
    Religion:
    Atheist
    It is a reality based attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +55,985
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    You're right.
    But productivity isn't my goal.
    It's about avoiding erroneous beliefs.
    One shouldn't take unverifiable pronouncements on faith.

14. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +55,985
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    Aye, tis odd when I see some believers disobey their own inerrant God given morality & truth.
    And yet, I strictly adhere to my mere moral preferences, which are devoid of truth.

Note:
    Don't read the above as my thinking I'm some moral paragon.
    My preferences are just my own.

15. Shantanu

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    What are your grounds for believing that the UK State should be trusted less than the Clergy representing the Christian Anglican Church the Head of which is the Queen of the United Kingdom?

16. Shantanu

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    It undermines the hands that feed one.

17. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +55,985
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    It was a joke intended to dis government.
    In matters of religion, both have zero credibility.
    Government has half as much as clergy.

18. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +55,985
    Religion:
    Bokononism & Atheism
    Neither the British government nor the clergy feed me.
    So there's nothing to undermine.

19. Shantanu

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    I understand you now: you are a joker:).

20. Shantanu

Ratings:
    +679
    Religion:
    The reality that one lives to is to accept the status quo.