• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What proof would you want

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well you are religious if you accept the fact or not.

Laws define our objectivity in morals and ethics in our society.

By definition your religion is "atheism"
Ok. Sure, so what? How do you get from there to thinking that atheism doesn't exist? That is what I am asking.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I really haven't...

I never seem to come across these fundamental theist that you see on youtube and I live in the Nations Capital.

Theist aggression may be reactionary because of atheism, and only Buddhism teaches pacifism.

Theist practice pacifism in heaven...

I've never encountered it in real life, either. Only on the internet.

Aggression is aggression, and certain people are more prone to aggression than others. It doesn't matter whether a person is a theist or an atheist.

Ok. Sure, so what? How do you get from there to thinking that atheism doesn't exist? That is what I am asking.

It doesn't exist in which way an atheist would like it too...

And that is by Law, so try not to take me out of context :)

Atheism from what I know of it has no problem with any other theistic religion out there (99.8% of the planet)

But they only attack Christians, because it is all that they know.

I don't blame them, the word of God is on the tongue of the English language so it is going to be very difficult to shake fellas.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It doesn't exist in which way an atheist would like it too...

And that is by Law, so try not to take me out of context :)

Atheism from what I know of it has no problem with any other theistic religion out there (99.8% of the planet)

But they only attack Christians, because it is all that they know.

I don't blame them, the word of God is on the tongue of the English language so it is going to be very difficult to shake fellas.
I was asking for your argument, not your personal opinion. You said that you were here to debate, not make friends.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

What do you mean, "on the tongue of the English language"? The English language is far more Pagan than Christian.

I am yet to meet a Muslim who is not Holier than Thou.

I've never met a Muslim like that. I've met plenty of Hindus, Buddhists, and Christians like that, though. I've also been Holier Than Thou back in the old days when I was practicing a religion that I made up.

Wait until you meet SmartGuy. He is a Saudi and a devout Muslim. He is also about the most pleasant and affable person on RF.
And I know Muslims in real life like him.
Tom

It might be debatable if he is a bonafide Muslim then... but then again he could be an Iranian.

Saudi's can be among the strictest, they allow no propagation of any other religion and surely if you're an atheist you're not just getting a tax, you're going over the cliff.

Most Muslims in the D.C. area just think they are above everybody else, that's how I know I am dealing with a Muslims and Atheists.

Last edited:
What do you mean, "on the tongue of the English language"? The English language is far more Pagan than Christian.

90% of the English language as you know it was was styled "solely" by a man named William Tyndale.

Tyndale used Greek and Hebrew Biblical texts and actually styled 90% of modern English.

Not mentioning Shakespeare quoted the Geneva Bible over 5000 times in his works.

Can you imagine an English speaking world without Shakespeare?

Again that is correct, 90% of the words you use come directly from Greek and Hebrew biblical texts.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
90% of the English language as you know it was was styled "solely" by a man named William Tyndale.

Tyndale used Greek and Hebrew Biblical texts and actually styled 90% of modern English.

Not mentioning Shakespeare quoted the Geneva Bible over 5000 times in his works.

Can you imagine an English speaking world without Shakespeare?

Again that is correct, 90% of the words you use come directly from Greek and Hebrew biblical texts.

You sure you aren't talking about 90% of Modern American English's vocabulary? Because my personal vernacular and the total number of words in the language are two very different things. Just glancing at the most commonly used words in English:

The OEC: Facts about the language - Oxford Dictionaries

I can tell just by looking that the bulk of them are Anglic, and thus pre-Christian. Heck, the word "English" is itself derived from Paganism, at least if what Tacitus wrote has any truth.

Besides, linguists don't really use vocabulary as the basis for a language's identity; grammar is the core signifier.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I have not...

Since I've been introduced to Richard Dawkins & Friends I have not met a single atheist who is not militant.
How many of the atheists on this website are militant?

And also, there are millions of atheists in America alone, maybe 100 million in the world (or more? just guessing here without checking). Are you saying that all of them are militant? You have millions of them out there protesting wildly, loudly, and violently against everything religious?

You sure you aren't talking about 90% of Modern American English's vocabulary? Because my personal vernacular and the total number of words in the language are two very different things. Just glancing at the most commonly used words in English:

The OEC: Facts about the language - Oxford Dictionaries

I can tell just by looking that the bulk of them are Anglic, and thus pre-Christian. Heck, the word "English" is itself derived from Paganism

Yes... I speak Paganism, how about you ;)

Modern English is technically called "Protestant English"

And you would likely not recognize English before the year 1585.

As a matter of fact my avatar was drawn by pagans at Antioch, the Greek Hellenist witnessed the first followers of Jesus being persecuted and put to death. They recorded the events via paintings and fresco.

The Greek Hellenistic Pagans decided to follow Jesus and they were the first people to call themselves "Christians" around 34 AD I believe. These pagans exploded Christianity through the Pagan Greek world and that is why Christianity is so popular now a days.

My dates may be a little off but I then again I am just learning of the origins of Christianity.

Now the words you use in the English language, probably over 90% of them are of Greek origin first, then translated into Latin (in some instances) and then into English. Technically you are speaking Ancient Greek.

English is the most dominating language on the planet, it is more efficient and more expressive than others, even over French.

English is the international language of business and for a reason... everything has a reason and a purpose.

*Modern English also happens to have Reformed the Catholic (Latin) Church :)

*Here is Part 1 of a 6 part (6hr) Series you may find interesting...

Last edited: