• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What proof would you want

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I have not...

Since I've been introduced to Richard Dawkins & Friends I have not met a single atheist who is not militant.

Stick around on these forums. I'm talking about "meeting" in terms of actually talking to atheists. Heck, one of them is a very dear friend of mine (though he's more agnostic-atheist these days).

Sure, I've met some pretty aggressive, if not downright rude, atheists, but not all of them are like that. They're as varied as everybody else. Atheism is not an informer of a person's overall behavior towards others.

Stick around on these forums. I'm talking about "meeting" in terms of actually talking to atheists. Heck, one of them is a very dear friend of mine (though he's more agnostic-atheist these days).

I don't really want to know any but thanks.

I have experienced first hand their aggression when your logic trumps theirs.

I have experienced the same aggression from theists. In fact, I've experienced it more from theists than atheists.

I really haven't...

I never seem to come across these fundamental theist that you see on youtube and I live in the Nations Capital.

Theist aggression may be reactionary because of atheism, and only Buddhism teaches pacifism.

Theist practice pacifism in heaven...

Hang around a bit. You'll see.
Maybe in real life the calm ones avoid you for some reason?
:)
Tom

Well there is really no such thing as an atheist in the way an atheist would like it to be.

Atheism is a religion recognized by the United States Government and afforded equal protection under freedom of religion laws.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well there is really no such thing as an atheist in the way an atheist would like it to be.

Atheism is a religion recognized by the United States Government and afforded equal protection under freedom of religion law.
Sure, but what has that got to do with 'no such thing as an atheist'?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
additionally... your "not religious" banner is illogical.

Specially if you recognize that atheism is recognized as a religion officially.
No, it is just defined as one in law. It is a constitutional point, atheism is not a religion in any other sense. Anyway, you can call my not-being-a-theist whatever you like, what difference would it make?

No, it is just defined as one in law. It is a constitutional point, atheism is not a religion in any other sense. Anyway, you can call my not-being-a-theist whatever you like, what difference would it make?

You are being irrational already at the onset...

I will hold out for a more worthy adversary,

thanks

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
You are being irrational already at the onset...

I will hold out for a more worthy adversary,

thanks
Wow you give up easy. Atheism is counted as a religion under law in the US so that atheists are assured the same constitutional rights. But sure, if you want define atheism as a religion - ok, now what?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Can't say that you sound like an expert on atheists. But you are sounding a bit militant. :)
Atheism is a religion recognized by the United States Government and afforded equal protection under freedom of religion laws.
They had to. Its called equal treatment.
Personally I would do away with the special treatment all together.

Tom

Wow you give up easy. Atheism is counted as a religion under law in the US so that atheists are assured the same constitutional rights. But sure, if you want define atheism as a religion - ok, now what?

Circular logic more akin to Disney Land "mickey mouse logic"

I can not debate that.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Circular logic more akin to Disney Land "mickey mouse logic"

I can not debate that.
Well you have offered nothing to debate. If you wish to define atheism as a religion, well how then can you argue that it does not exist? What has labelling it as a religion got to do with the validity of the position? You haven't actually given a rationale and have given up before even getting as far as doing so.

Well you have offered nothing to debate. If you wish to define atheism as a religion, well how then can you argue that it does not exist? What has labelling it as a religion got to do with the validity of the position? You haven't actually given a rationale and have given up before even getting as far as doing so.

Well you are religious if you accept the fact or not.

Laws define our objectivity in morals and ethics in our society.

By definition your religion is "atheism"