• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What other forums do you frequent regularly?

Ozzie

BTW I used to post a philosopyforums.com, an excellent site but found my knowledge tested every time.
scienceforums.com is another good site

I like this forum because it has broad scope and laymen are welcome which suits me.

robtex

Veteran Member
kimber1 said:
i'm an admin at Christian Forums and a regular member at IIDB :)

Kim do you mean Christianforums.com? If you do, and i ask because I and other smods/admins go to other sites infrequenlty, to see what they are doing and how it works for them, why you chose to post on RF which is a forum that is multi-faith and has a number of secular posters on it ?

How different is RF from CF.com in your personal opinion and what has been your general comfort level on RF since you joined?

Please nothing specific unless it is a pm to repsect the privacy of other posters and if you dont' want to answer my post that is ok. No pressure from me. Just curious.

footnote,

wow 1647 posters on cf.com right now....big place.

kimber1

robtex said:
Kim do you mean Christianforums.com? If you do, and i ask because I and other smods/admins go to other sites infrequenlty, to see what they are doing and how it works for them, why you chose to post on RF which is a forum that is multi-faith and has a number of secular posters on it ?

How different is RF from CF.com in your personal opinion and what has been your general comfort level on RF since you joined?

Please nothing specific unless it is a pm to repsect the privacy of other posters and if you dont' want to answer my post that is ok. No pressure from me. Just curious.

footnote,

wow 1647 posters on cf.com right now....big place.
no problem :) yes that's the site i mean. well i've been there for probably close to 5 years now. i've been a regular member, went to mod, senior mod, supervisor and admin. i've been on staff for about 4 years. it's alot different than when i first joined. bigger doesn't always mean better :) i've seen a lot of changes, not all have i supported. hmm come to think of it, maybe a pm is better;) i'll send one in the morning as hubby wants to PC now)

as for how different is here from there? so far i'm impressed. it may be smaller but that's not neccessarily a bad thing. i like that you have a diversity in "isms" here. i like that Catholics are considered Christian here. i haven't jumped in real far yet as i'm still so new but it seems to be a wonderfully laid back place where if i disagree with something i won't get lambasted. ( like i said, i'm an admin, i know there's rules you have to follow and will try to keep up with y'alls rules) our rule list is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer so it shouldn't be too hard here :)

robtex

Veteran Member
Kim thank you in advance for the pm. I have read the forum rules for CFforums. Be interesting to hear how they are applied and interpreted in your pm.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Feathers in Hair said:
I've heard very good things about CF!

Then you've heard lies. You would be hounded mercilessly and thrown to the dogs there. Even I will be if I dip my toe into the General Heresies ... ahem, sorry Theology, section, and I'm a Christian.

It is, in general, a rancorous and un-Christian pit of vipers over there, with the sole exception of some of the individual churches' sub-forums (like our DIR forums). Notably TAW (ours), OBOB (the RC forum) and the Oriental Orthodox forum whose name/acronym I forget.

James

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Feathers in Hair said:
I've heard very good things about CF!

I enjoy it there. I find that you can have some polite and interesting conversations as long as you are polite and respectful yourself. People who go in with a chip on their shoulder may have a different experience.

eudaimonia,

Mark

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
eudaimonia said:
I enjoy it there. I find that you can have some polite and interesting conversations as long as you are polite and respectful yourself. People who go in with a chip on their shoulder may have a different experience.

eudaimonia,

Mark

And those who do not. I've no idea where you managed to find a polite and interesting conversation in that place. I've always found it to be anything but. All it takes is one look at the icon denoting my faith for me to be attacked, whether I post something innocuous or controversial, and I know that the RCs have a similar problem. Maybe it's not so bad for non-Christians but it is a very, very unfriendly place for non-Protestant Christians.

James

Mercy Not Sacrifice

CF is not for the faint of heart. Strong power structure + rigid theological stance + excessive emphasis on staff confidentiality = occasionally nasty flare-ups. It's a pretty good place 95% of the time, but that other 5%.... :eek:

Sadly, the very people that genuinely attempt to restore peace turn into the primary targets.

Ah, well. Good thing there's RF. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
MOD POST

In the future, please keep in mind that negative discussion of the qualities of other forums is not really appropriate in public threads. We wouldn't want people saying bad things about RF on other forums, so let's keep from doing it here. Thanks in advance, all!

Random

I am part of three other forums under the monicker of Godlike: one is my favourite esoteric spirituality site called Noble Realms (Montalk) and another is my favourite Comics forums called Comic Book Resources (CBR). Lastly, I get free Soccer on Football Streaming International (FSI) which means I never miss a Liverpool FC match! A damn good thing too, given the monopoly the cable companies have on Premier League footie...:)

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
I was on Catholic Forums to debate Christianity before finding my place here. I only frequent one other forum, and it's just a local one. It was originally geared towards the "car" crowd in this area:

www.evansvilleforums.com

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
PureX said:
I used to be a regular member of TOL (Theology On Line) but since finding this site I rarely post there, anymore. I also occasionally drop by Patty Griffin's web site and check out the forums for info. on her concerts and next CD. I'm a big fan of hers. There really isn't a lot of time these days for the internet. I used to like to visit boat-building and design sites, too, but haven't been around those in a while.

I sometimes post on TOL. As you might suspect, I'm not greeted with the kindest of words. :areyoucra If people bring subjects too far, though, I'm not afraid to return the favor. I'd caution our non-Christian and homosexual friends here to avoid this site at all costs.

Aside from that, the only other forum I post at is the Chronicles-Network. The theme is science fiction/fantasy. The community there is nice, and it's got a nice mix of people from around Europe and the Americas. Also, the user base isn't as snobby as I've found other forums. The literature I like to read produces readers who can't stand the thought of simple prose.