• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What other forums do you frequent regularly?

FatMan

jamaesi said:
When that closed down I (and many others) moved on to EstroBoards- and that closed down a while later.

EstroBoards?? I'm assuming they weren't keen marketers. I think I'd lose it just trying to type in TestosteroBoards:p

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The only other one I visit regularly is the forum I run for my World of Warcraft guild. Actually, that's a lie...there is one other, but it would be inappropriate to link here. :cover:

Before I found this place there were 3 others that I used to visit a lot. One forum is now closed (and not sad to see it go), another I would prefer not to link, and I also used to visit MysticWicks all the time. But, once i stopped being really Pagan there was no place for me. And, most of the people were pretty snobby.

RevOxley_501

MaddLlama said:
The only other one I visit regularly is the forum I run for my World of Warcraft guild. Actually, that's a lie...there is one other, but it would be inappropriate to link here. :cover:

Before I found this place there were 3 others that I used to visit a lot. One forum is now closed (and not sad to see it go), another I would prefer not to link, and I also used to visit MysticWicks all the time. But, once i stopped being really Pagan there was no place for me. And, most of the people were pretty snobby.

you know, if your immature and childish like i am, you cant resist to know what in the heck kinda forums your going to that you wont link to---

robtex

Veteran Member
Hey, can I just ask for the sake of feedback, can some of you when you name the other forums you frequent express what you enjoy about that forum and how they attracted your attention in the first place?

To answer the question for me, i don't post outside of RF very much. I don't have the time for much forum posting. The highest post counts I ever got on another forum was a tie between abudokan.com (which no longer exists) and sciforums.com . I got to about 500 on each of those. I wish we could make the philosophy section of RF more active and after thanksgiving I may work on putting threads in there for debate.

RevOxley_501

robtex said:
Hey, can I just ask for the sake of feedback, can some of you when you name the other forums you frequent express what you enjoy about that forum and how they attracted your attention in the first place?

To answer the question for me, i don't post outside of RF very much. I don't have the time for much forum posting. The highest post counts I ever got on another forum was a tie between abudokan.com (which no longer exists) and sciforums.com . I got to about 500 on each of those. I wish we could make the philosophy section of RF more active and after thanksgiving I may work on putting threads in there for debate.

this is the most active forum i am on, i am active on www.bleedzao.com because we are a very tightknit group--even though some of us hate one another (50voltphantom that SOB!) most of us get along real well. I like it cus the sense of humor is all over the place---sometimes is sophistifunny, sometimes its slapstick funny.\ that and it is the best ZAO fansite in the world (going through a change so it looks a little buggy til everything is worked out)

www.unworthyunwritten.com i just feel dedicated---to me, i think this place could do alot for young people and religion, specifically Christianity. This is a place for me to spread the Gospel of love, as opposed to the all too common gospel of hate and prejudice---or judgement if you will....i kinda wanna mold the kids to be like me :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
www.Islam.com - although I have not allowed myself to post on there since before joining RF. (It is basically a hysterical flame based forum and enough to curl your hair... permanently.)

www.free2code.net - Though mainly a geek coding forum, I was invited by a fellow named Storyteller to come by and say hello while in Islam.com. I have to admit I feel a great bond between Arizona and Storyteller, as we mainly do dream analysis of Storytellers (and everyone elses dreams.) Arizona and I offer the main interpretations of said dreams. Even though we live 10,000 miles apart it is uncanny how close we see things in the dreams of others... especially considering that we use totally different methods. Plus we have such rich material to deal with coming mainly from the staggering mind of Storyteller. Oh... "Storyteller" is known on RF as "Gnostic" that you all know and love.

Arizona and I agreed, well we all agreed pretty much that such intense analysis of dreams would not be possible on a large forum, and so it is more a trio with the odd person poking their head in.

I know Michel and Kreeden would probably find such a thread section, under Dreaming and Dream Analysis to be quite fascinating... perhaps ever Feathers...

http://www.newworldview.com/forums/default.aspx
This is a forum dedicated to Seth of Jane Robert's "fame". Though I just discovered them, they don't seem especially friendly and all talk like they have PhD's. Like, I understand everything they are saying, but it seems like most of the posters could not explain something simply if their lives depended on it. I will give it a go for a wee bit longer before throwing in the towel. I was miffed partly because there was no "New Member" section and you essentially just wade into the discussions.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
YmirGF said:
I know Michel and Kreeden would probably find such a thread section, under Dreaming and Dream Analysis to be quite fascinating... perhaps ever Feathers...

:cover:

Oh I do wish you hadn't posted that link!!!...........I have decided it is high time to become a geek and try c++; James (here) sounded so horrified when I mentioned I am studying Microsoft Access - I think his words were something like "That proogram is just a glorified form of Excell".........he sounded quite passionate in his distain for Access that I habve decided to try C++..........well, I can at least try.

And the dream interpretation........... I don't want to spread myself too thin on forums!!

Me, apart from here, Cnet (a kind of geeky forum) Tech Tank (another geeky forum) - though I post very little on those; I just haven't the time. Now, I'll have even less..............

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
http://www.theologyweb.com/index.php?

Though not recently, I spent a lot of time there because it is very active and there is a lot of variety. Topics are varied, the posters dedicated and interesting. It's set up like a college campus. There is a sorority for women only (a fraternity for guys). There is a free-for-all area with limited moderation. Having such areas to move vitriolic threads to makes it easier to avoid them! It is above all a challenge to post there, brainiacs abound. Morons, bigots and trolls are thrashed soundly.

They also have a spam room which is a lot of fun and a chatbot named Mononoke.

TWeb was my first forum or chat experience, although I lurked the Uber Site for a while and never posted. I just stopped posting at TWeb when I went on extended vacation. When I came back, I couldn't find anything interesting... it was weird. There were a ton of Calvinist-Arminian threads (AGAIN) and everyone I normally chatted with was offline so I looked around and wound up here. After a warm welcome I thought I'd stay for a while.

So actually RF is only my second forum "home". I still visit TWeb once in a while but it's just a time thing, I don't have time for both.

I tried ChristianForums too but it seemed kind of adolescent after being on TWeb. To be fair I may not have given it much of a chance.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
RevOxley_501 said:
you know, if your immature and childish like i am, you cant resist to know what in the heck kinda forums your going to that you wont link to---

Well, posting it would violate forum rules (however if you're real desperate there's a certain private folder that I can post the link in). I don't want to get in trouble. =)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Let's see;

e-Sangha
Buddhachat
Beliefnet Buddhist Forums
RidgelineOwnersClub
various Buddhist Yahoo groups

RevOxley_501

MaddLlama said:
Well, posting it would violate forum rules (however if you're real desperate there's a certain private folder that I can post the link in). I don't want to get in trouble. =)

nah---im just picking---

sounds like one i left though

PureX

Veteran Member
I used to be a regular member of TOL (Theology On Line) but since finding this site I rarely post there, anymore. I also occasionally drop by Patty Griffin's web site and check out the forums for info. on her concerts and next CD. I'm a big fan of hers. There really isn't a lot of time these days for the internet. I used to like to visit boat-building and design sites, too, but haven't been around those in a while.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
robtex said:
what is a chatbot?

Artificial intellgence, the lowest form of life, lol. She is programmed to "learn" and "remember" and forms her responses from the data she has, so she can chat with you.

Eek! I just went on and they have removed her forum "for repairs", hope she comes back...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think 'Mononoke' means 'spirit'- that's sweet!

Megzy-boo, is there anything that we can be helping you with? I know it can be hard to adjust to 'forum life', especially when it's persons' first time in one.