• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What object does science have to it?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I give from the religious scripture:

[31:13] And We bestowed wisdom on Luqman, saying, ‘Be grateful to Allah:’ and whoso is grateful, is grateful only for the good of his own soul. And whoso is ungrateful, then surely Allah is Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.
[31:14] And remember when Luqman said to his son while exhorting him, ‘O my dear son! associate not partners with Allah. Surely, associating partners with God is a grievous wrong.’
[31:15] And We have enjoined on man concerning his parents — his mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning takes two years — ‘Give thanks to Me and to thy parents. Unto Me is the final return.
[31:16] ‘And if they contend with thee to make thee set up equals with Me concerning which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not, but be a kind companion to them in all worldly affairs; and in spiritual matters follow the way of him who turns to Me. Then unto Me will be your return and I shall inform you of what you used to do.’
[31:17] ‘O my dear son! even though it be the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and even though it be in a rock, or in the heavens, or in the earth, Allah will surely bring it out; verily Allah is the Knower of all subtleties, All-Aware.
[31:18] ‘O my dear son! observe Prayer, and enjoin good, and forbid evil, and endure patiently whatever may befall thee. Surely this is of those matters which require firm resolve.
[31:19] ‘And turn not thy cheek away from men in pride nor walk in the earth haughtily; Surely, Allah loves not any arrogant boaster.
[31:20] ‘And walk thou at a moderate pace, and lower thy voice; verily, the most disagreeable of voices is the voice of the ***.’

What object does science have to the above?
Please

Regards

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Speaking for myself, science promotes the joy of discovering this wonderful universe, and it promotes improving the quality of life for everyone.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The understanding of reality as best as we humans are able.
Since I see God and reality as nearly synonymous I see science as the search for God without the biases religious people are so inclined towards.
People like you.
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The understanding of reality as best as we humans are able.
Since I see God and reality as nearly synonymous I see science as the search for God without the biases religious people are so inclined towards.
People like you.
Tom
It is a good intention.
Regards

icehorse

Premium Member
The same is correct for the truthful religion.
Please
Regards

I think *some religions* have the goal of making life better for everyone.

I think almost all religions are uncomfortable with science because religions pretend to have answers that they don't have, and scientists do not pretend in this way.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It is a good intention.
Regards
You seem to have overlooked the next phrase.
I don't believe religion is as well intentioned as science. I see religion, mostly, as human efforts to tell each other things and manipulate them to further their own human agendas.
Nothing much to do with God.
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't believe religion is as well intentioned as science. I see religion, mostly, as human efforts to tell each other things and manipulate them to further their own human agendas.
Tom
it is a wrong concept. Truthful religion and truthful science are both bounties created by God for the humans.
Truthful religion is from God, and not man-made.
Please
Regards

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
it is a wrong concept. Truthful religion and truthful science are both bounties created by God for the humans. Please
Regards

There is no 'truthful religion'. ALL of them are based on myths and falsehoods.

Science has no 'objection' to what you posted above because what you posted above doesn't have a truth value. Instead, it is an encouragement to believe in a certain way that has no evidence to back it up. But that is what *all* religions do.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is no 'truthful religion'. ALL of them are based on myths and falsehoods.

Science has no 'objection' to what you posted above because what you posted above doesn't have a truth value. Instead, it is an encouragement to believe in a certain way that has no evidence to back it up. But that is what *all* religions do.
It is wrong. If there is no truth, then why everybody is in search and research of truth. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Tom
Science has also agenda and people also use with the political agenda, and science does not prohibit them this role in the name of science. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I think almost all religions are uncomfortable with science because religions pretend to have answers that they don't have, and scientists do not pretend in this way.
"I think *some religions* have the goal of making life better for everyone."
So one acknowledges that religion is beneficial for the humanity. Right? Please
Regards

icehorse

Premium Member
"I think *some religions* have the goal of making life better for everyone."
So one acknowledges that religion is beneficial for the humanity. Right? Please
Regards

I think many of the world's religions actually have the goal of having power over people, not making their lives better. Islam and Christianity both seem to be much more about power than actually helping people.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"I think almost all religions are uncomfortable with science"
I don't agree with one.
The truthful religion is most comfortable with science. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
From the OP:
[31:15] And We have enjoined on man concerning his parents — his mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning takes two years — ‘Give thanks to Me and to thy parents. Unto Me is the final return.
[31:16] ‘And if they contend with thee to make thee set up equals with Me concerning which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not, but be a kind companion to them in all worldly affairs; and in spiritual matters follow the way of him who turns to Me. Then unto Me will be your return and I shall inform you of what you used to do.’

Please note that the above teaching is secular ,equitable and reasonable . Right? Please
Regards