• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new cultural findings would you most want Borat to learn about your country?

BDuncan

If Mr. Borat Sagdiyev (of Kazakhstan) visited your country, what religious related and also non-religious related cultural findings would you most want to help him learn about any aspect of your country (that you admire or dislike) and how would you go about (seriously or humorously) introducing him to any findings ?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I think Borat would have fun with Bosnia's women, and I've love to show him around the local manifestation of the world's most spectacularly complicated gender.

You have the old Muslim women. They're traditional, set in their ways - racist, prejudiced, narrow-minded, uneducated, and everything else you can possibly think of. But they're witty, and vulgar, and quick on their feet.
4go87s0.jpg

Then you have the old Christian women. They're the same, but more depressing, as minorities tend to be. Where a Muslim woman will take off her shoe to beat you with it, Christian women generally carry sticks for that purpose.
2r7okqt.jpg

Then you have your young women... as terrified of their fathers and male relatives as they are not afraid of everything else. Enough make-up to leave a cloud of dust if you hit them in the back of the head hard enough, all the most modern, trendy European fashions complete with little touches straight out of 1986 in Arkansas. Vulgar, rude, confident - yet oddly feminine and even more oddly submissive. Stubborn, vendictive, and, well...
1ec5.jpg

Yet oddly willing to fight for the right to be accepted and respected as something most Western women imagine Muslim ladies try to crawl their way out of...
35k0o7l.jpg

Go easy on us, Borat.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
- Canada is a bilingual, multicultural nation.
- Not all Canadians are igloo-dwelling eskimos.
- Not all of Canada is covered in snow all year 'round.
- Not all Canadians pronounce garage with an abridged second 'a.'
- Most Canadians value both liberty and security.
- Canadians have contributed a great deal to science and the everyday life (see here).

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Djamila said:
Then you have the old Christian women. They're the same, but more depressing, as minorities tend to be. Where a Muslim woman will take off her shoe to beat you with it, Christian women generally carry sticks for that purpose.

lol I think there's elderly women like that everywhere. I had one pursue me with a broom, though that was a few years ago now. I can't remember what it was that I did--trespassing, or simply being obnoxious, probably. :p

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Djamila if you want to help bosnia, start getting people to expect less masculinity from men and you may get things going your way.