• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what my teacher didn't tell me about the othmanic caliphate

islam abduallah

all what the majority of us know about the othmanic caliphate is the conquests it did in eastern europe and middle east

it's rarely to find someone who's saying a good word about it, as it's meant by the world to distort it's reputation for ideological reasons

but ireland is a different story specially the town of drogheda, the town where the othmanic ships landed to provide hte irish people with food during the great hunger
here 's the full story
The little-known story of how Turkey was one of the only countries to come to the aid of Ireland during the Great Hunger will be the focus of a movie, “Famine.”

At a time when Ireland was enduring the terrible loss of a million dead and the mass exodus of a million more during the Great Hunger, the story goes that the Ottoman Sultan, Khaleefah Abdul-Majid I, declared his intention to send £10,000 to aid Ireland's farmers. However, Queen Victoria intervened and requested that the Sultan send only £1,000 because she had sent only £2,000 herself.

So the Sultan sent only the £1,000, but he also secretly sent five ships full of food. The English courts attempted to block the ships, but the food arrived in Drogheda harbor and was left there by Ottoman sailors. That £10,000 that the Sultan pledged to the Irish would be worth approximately £800,000 ($1.7m) today.

Generous Turkish aid to the Irish during the Great Hunger

and now the drogheda's football club keeps the favor and make his logo is the turkish crescent to record a live fact that our fake historian can't hide
Drogheda-United.png

how many things that are hidden for us to be ignorant and to form our beliefs and ideology

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Teachers overall seem to be paid by general shills that serve anothers masters (the people that signs the cheques)

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
I also note that American natives who had just suffered the Trail of Tears raised money and sent it to the Irish for the which they are justly lauded and remembered.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
In defense of missed information, the scope of recorded human history would take multiple lifetimes to absorb even while ignoring the present, until one should expire of natural causes.

How much can one cram into 12 years of schooling, or however long is the average primary schooling. Do you teach children as much as you can cram into their developing skulls? Or as much general and relevant information to their possible future as you can muster.

I know why I missed the boat on the Othmanic Caliphate, perhaps cause it was not relevant. Now If I were to specialize my studies into say Southern European studies or Middle Eastern History or something within that sphere I might know about it.

Shad

Veteran Member
how many things that are hidden for us to be ignorant and to form our beliefs and ideology

When it comes to Ireland and Irish history from a British source expect it. When it comes to British monarchs expect it. British historians have been part-time propagandists for centuries.

Last edited: