• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Muslims really think

I don't dispute that. But there are a lot of core dogmas like the Quran, hadiths, hajj, jihad, and sharia that are commonly held. There may be some differences in interpretation, but no Muslim would say, for example, that the Quran isn't a holy book.

In the same way, no conservative Baptist would say that the Bible isn't the word of God or that Jesus didn't resurrect. There may be specific differences of interpretation as to what those dogmas mean, but there's a general agreement as to their importance to the religion.

-Nato

Actually, the idea of jihad, shari'ah, and even the hadiths are debatable by different Islamic denominations. The one common factor that they believe in, is the Oneness of God, tawhid, and the Qur'an as the latest Message of God from the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon Him.

ankarali

According to islam the big Jihad is the war against the bad intention of himself. Muslims should be away of politics. It is forbidden to kill civil people. Mohammad (SAV) had never done a war in Mecca during the first 13 years of islam despite of the all tortures of pagan (idolaters) and finally he decides to travel to another city (Medina) instead of doing a war.

Actually a very small group of muslims do the terrorist attacks but it is not the real islam.
and I can say christians and muslims will act together against atheism.

mycorrhiza

Why do the Islam-conspiracy theorists always have such a bad understanding of taqiyya?

If all Muslims are secretely planning to take over the world, they're hiding it quite well and they seem to have found a way to tie together over 1,5 billion people in a single mind, or they can communicate through telepathy. If they can communicate with telepathy, this would be a great moment for a tie-in with the reptilian and alien conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:

work in progress

Why do the Islam-conspiracy theorists always have such a bad understanding of taqiyya?

If all Muslims are secretely planning to take over the world, they're hiding it quite well and they seem to have found a way to tie together over 1,5 billion people in a single mind, or they can communicate through telepathy. If they can communicate with telepathy, this would be a great moment for a tie-in with the reptilian and alien conspiracy theorists.
I would guess that it excuses the foundational premise that all Muslims can't be trusted, and are really secretly planning taking over the World. When I was very young, the communist conspiracy theorists (like the John Birch Society) had the Red Menace to fill this need. So Martin Luther King was a secret communist...communists can't be taken at their word because they are dedicated to work in secret until they overthrow democracy, and MLK is a secret communist, so civil rights can be ignored because the movement is part of the communist conspiracy....and needless to say, so were all the unions in right wing think.

The only difference between then and now is that during my lifetime, the end of the Cold War and disappearance of communist parties in Europe has created the situation where a new scapegoat was needed to justify the privileged and oppression of everyone else, plus the military spending and America's needs for empire...so the green menace has replaced the red menace.

ankarali

There is no fear, the aim of a muslim is to obtain the consent (assent) of God by doing prayers and be faraway from sins. If there is a very small terrorist group islamic it is an exception. Because all muslims know very well this world and our life has an end. How many years will live 70 or 80 years and after we die if we die why we try to obtain the world? The real world will begin in the other world. I don't know if I could explain oneself

Jemii

You may be right about all those things, except for putting all non muslims to death. The Quran, if read at all, says those who follow scripture (The Christians and The Jews) are to go to heaven. And if they want to test if the Christians or Jews are right by killing them and sentencing them to the afterlife, then why do they want themselves to inherit the Earth? That does not make no rational sense for any human of humanity to be thinking.

And if people thought that Non Muslims needed to be killed.. then they are in a way denying God, Allah of having any power of a human beings life or death control. Only God is able to know when and how a person dies, even a Muslim. God knows when a Believer of Jesus Christ is going to die and how, no one else: Just like God know when a Jew is going to die and how, and not even the angels know. God knows when a Pagan is going to day and how they are going to die. It is a control only God knows. All Muslims should be God-fearing to know that they are not entitled to control the power of life and death. But it does say in Islam it's bad to fear death. It's good in Islam to fear God.