• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Muslims really think

Last time I looked the Jews have not taken over anything. People of all faiths are in politics, run banks, act, produce, fund and direct movies. And all Jews are not rich. If anything I would say the Christians are still in control. The scary part of that is that the tea party folks seem to really carry some clout. I doubt there are any Jews there.

Yes silly you..........

I think he was trying to be sarcastic to make a point.

Many big-name brands already have kosher-certified products, and nobody thinks anything of it. I can go into any grocery store in America and buy a jar of "Kosher dill pickles" or a pack of Hebrew National hotdogs and nobody would say anything.

Now people are up in arms complaining that carrying halal food is a sign of "creeping shariah". Do you see the double standard here?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Last time I looked the Jews have not taken over anything. People of all faiths are in politics, run banks, act, produce, fund and direct movies. And all Jews are not rich. If anything I would say the Christians are still in control. The scary part of that is that the tea party folks seem to really carry some clout. I doubt there are any Jews there.

Yes silly you..........

Have you heard of the word "sarcasm"?

Many big-name brands already have kosher-certified products, and nobody thinks anything of it. I can go into any grocery store in America and buy a jar of "Kosher dill pickles" or a pack of Hebrew National hotdogs and nobody would say anything.

Now people are up in arms complaining that carrying halal food is a sign of "creeping shariah". Do you see the double standard here?

Yes, this.

Many Sages One Truth

I didn't know where to put this but I suppose it is the best place to put it.

What Muslims really want for America is Shariah:

Shariah 4 America

Among their plans are

•The Islamic Demolition of the Statue of Liberty

•Turning the White House into a Mosque

•Abolishing Courts and Implementing Shariah Courts

•Sentencing all other religious believers to death

Take a look at the site. It's both frightening and revealing.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Most of the Muslims in my town are very secular, college students, and left the Middle East to get away from Islamic fundamentalism and Sharia. Nice way of broad-brushing all Muslims.

Tamar

I am Jewish.

If sarcasm was meant I missed it. I suppose that Jews have been accused of all those things he spoke of so often that the last thing (as a Jew ) that comes to my mind is sarcasm or a joke.

Selling halal food is not creeping sharia. By all means if there is a market out there then products can be made halal. the only reason there are so many kosher products out there is that there has been a market. I suspect maybe even many of the kosher products would be halal for Muslims as they do not contain pork products.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
Have you heard of the word "sarcasm"?

Yes, this.

Yeah I actually have heard of sarcasm.......and in printed form when sarcasm is meant it can be missed when one doesn't make it clear. Another reason it was missed on my part is that Jews have been accused historically of owning the banks, hollywood and the government more then once. For me as a Jew I am sorry but I don't get the sarcasm with these accusations.

To me it would be the same of making a sarcastic remark about Muslims and terrorism. I would not see that as funny.

croak

Trickster
If sarcasm was meant I missed it. I suppose that Jews have been accused of all those things he spoke of so often that the last thing (as a Jew ) that comes to my mind is sarcasm or a joke.
It was sarcasm. It seems anything Muslims do these days means they want Shariah law, right down to what they eat. It's ridiculous; just as ridiculous as saying Jews have taken over. So ridiculous, in fact, that when someone says that, you really begin to wonder what they're on.

By the way, this is coming from a terrorist (I'm Arab).

Otherright

Otherright
I didn't know where to put this but I suppose it is the best place to put it.

What Muslims really want for America is Shariah:

Shariah 4 America

Among their plans are

•The Islamic Demolition of the Statue of Liberty

•Turning the White House into a Mosque

•Abolishing Courts and Implementing Shariah Courts

•Sentencing all other religious believers to death

Take a look at the site. It's both frightening and revealing.

I think you know that none of that is going to happen. It is just hate trying to spread fear.

But let's say it is true. What do you want to do about it? Grab pa's shotgun and hop in the ol' Ford, raise the rebel flag, and go up town and shoot us a couple folks that look like them fellas?

Besides, every Muslim believes the exact same thing as all other Muslims, right? You know, just like every single Christian believes exactly the same thing.

Alright guys, how's that for sarcasm?

E. Nato Difficile

Besides, every Muslim believes the exact same thing as all other Muslims, right? You know, just like every single Christian believes exactly the same thing.

Alright guys, how's that for sarcasm?
I'm not into stereotyping or hatemongering. But I think there are some beliefs common to the majority of mainstream Muslims, the same way there are beliefs common to mainstream Christians. Would you say it's a gross overstatement to declare that Christians believe in Christ's resurrection? Or that Muslims believe the Quran is the holy word of God?

-Nato

Otherright

Otherright
I'm not into stereotyping or hatemongering. But I think there are some beliefs common to the majority of mainstream Muslims, the same way there are beliefs common to mainstream Christians. Would you say it's a gross overstatement to declare that Christians believe in Christ's resurrection? Or that Muslims believe the Quran is the holy word of God?

-Nato

No, I think it is an overstatement to assume that all Muslims want to kill and/or conquer America. A Christian's common belief in the resurrection isn't a dogmatic point, its a theological point. What you extrapolate from that event becomes dogma.

You could've latched onto a better point beyond Koran as a commonality between Muslims.

E. Nato Difficile

Okay. Your post above mine seemed to suggest that it's anyone's guess what Muslims or Christians believe. I was only pointing out that there are beliefs that are common to the majority of Christians, as well as beliefs that are common to the majority of Muslims.

-Nato

Otherright

Otherright
Okay. Your post above mine seemed to suggest that it's anyone's guess what Muslims or Christians believe. I was only pointing out that there are beliefs that are common to the majority of Christians, as well as beliefs that are common to the majority of Muslims.

-Nato
Yeah the last line admits its sarcasm.

E. Nato Difficile

Yeah the last line admits its sarcasm.
Um, yeah. That's how I was able to guess that you don't believe that "all Muslims believe the exact same things."

But there are certain beliefs that pretty much all Muslims share. It's disingenuous to pretend that there aren't core beliefs to Islam, the same as there are for Christianity and Judaism. Whether or not the individual believer personally affirms these beliefs, he or she certainly recognizes them as part of the dogma of their faith.

-Nato

Johnathan

This reminds me of what some Christians think.

In my church there are those who said that the Capitol should have a cross on the top and that "Biblical xtianity" (whatever that is supposed to mean) would be the state religion.

Faxecura

This reminds me of what some Christians think.

In my church there are those who said that the Capitol should have a cross on the top and that "Biblical xtianity" (whatever that is supposed to mean) would be the state religion.

I don't think most Christians or Muslims want Canon law or Shariah law. I do know that in some cases they do try to settle civil or small-claims cases out of court and I actually don't care as long as it sticks to stuff like that.

I think both Christians and Muslims alike are at the same time a bit frustrated by what can only be termed "creeping secularism" in the Western world which marginalizes individuals with personal beliefs.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
They're infiltrating slowly. It begins will allowing people do dispute their matters personally in a mosque, then with public prayer rooms in schools and universities. And then halal food being openly sold. And so on until people will be forced to wear burqas and bow down to mecca 5x a day or be killed.

Kosher food is sold openly. What is wrong to have a space for those who want to pray? We are talking about choices to buy food or to pray.

Protester

Um, yeah. That's how I was able to guess that you don't believe that "all Muslims believe the exact same things."

But there are certain beliefs that pretty much all Muslims share. It's disingenuous to pretend that there aren't core beliefs to Islam, the same as there are for Christianity and Judaism. Whether or not the individual believer personally affirms these beliefs, he or she certainly recognizes them as part of the dogma of their faith.

-Nato

They have quite a variety of beliefs, as is pointed out by this short commentary, TheReligionofPeace - Our Statement on Muslims This goes for Christians as well, we conservative Baptists don't want to be judged by the ideas you might get from watching Kenneth Copeland on t.v.:no:

E. Nato Difficile

They have quite a variety of beliefs
I don't dispute that. But there are a lot of core dogmas like the Quran, hadiths, hajj, jihad, and sharia that are commonly held. There may be some differences in interpretation, but no Muslim would say, for example, that the Quran isn't a holy book.

In the same way, no conservative Baptist would say that the Bible isn't the word of God or that Jesus didn't resurrect. There may be specific differences of interpretation as to what those dogmas mean, but there's a general agreement as to their importance to the religion.

-Nato