• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what music artist do u find most inspirational?

tenorcharm

For that music artist is Ronan Tynan, he is simply phenomenal. His music is full of positive inspiration and his voice alone is just wonderous. Love his latest album...its no wonder he's the world's greatest irish tenor.

ayani

when ever i need a spiritual lift, i pop the "o brother, where art thou?" soundtrack into the tape deck.

beautiful, beautiful music. some of it overtly spiritual, all of it terrific.

almifkhar

the doors, cause no matter how some may think that their music was nothing but drug nonsense, it isn't it forces one to think. art at its finest in my opinion.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Before you hit me *ducks* - remember I'm an 'old' guy compared to most of you.

One artist whose music I found truly inspirational was Joan Baez, with her cohorts Donovan & Bob Dylan (I know the latter wrote most of the truly 'revolutionary' music for her), but as it is said , Dylan could write beautiful music, but although he could'nt sing, he still insisted on doing so.:)

ayani

michel said:
Dylan could write beautiful music, but although he couldn't sing, he still insisted on doing so.
oh, come on! Dylan's voice is awesome! not American Idol material, maybe, but what would 20th century music be without it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find Godsmack to be very inspirational.

If its ideas for my wrestling gimmick, Metallica, Children of Bodom, and even though not a singer, H.P. Lovecraft, is what my gimmick is strongly based on.

Fluffy

A fool
Children of Bodom
Oooo someone has good taste :). Love Linkin Park as well.

As far as inspiration goes, it has to be something violent or political so I'd say either Rage Against the Machine or Strapping Young Lad.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
I don't really listen to many bands and such...dcTalk and Newsboys are two of my favorites.

For /inspiration/ though, I usually go to classical music. It makes me happee~, yes.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Joni Mitchell for her lyrical expression.
Frank Zappa's guitar solos exemplify true freedom and a "what the f***" attitude.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I really only listen to Dance. Lio is pretty good. Upbeat stuff keeps me from getting too depressed, thinking too much, or sitting on my butt all day.

Most inspirational to ME?

Eddie Van Halen (of old)
Geddy Lee
Prince
David Gilmore
JACO PASTORIUS (actually this giuy makes me want to place my bass to rest forever)
FLEA (red hot Chili Peppers)
THE FUNK BROTHERS
Metallica
Black Sabbath
BEATLES
THE DOORS
There are so many!!!!!!

Chuck Berry!!!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Damien Bishop writes:JACO PASTORIUS (actually this giuy makes me want to place my bass to rest forever)
JACO!!!!!