• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you LHP

Kori Houghton

Restricted
Folks who consider themselves part of the white lite and bunnies crowd love themselves as well.

There is no such thing as a religion which is only for and about the LHP, excluding the RHP.

Religion consists of much more than spiritual practices. Religion is the collection of traditions and practices involving all spheres of life that binds a group of people together. Traditions such as mythology concerning the origin of a community, legends about its culture heroes, ways of dressing, food preparation, organization of its social hierarchy, and of course spiritual beliefs; practices such as laws, selection and recognition of a ruling class or individual, festivals and holidays, relationships with friendly and unfriendly outsiders. To be religious is to acknowledge that common bond, and observe/participate in the traditions involved, thereby re-establishing the bond between you and the community.

The number of humans who are believed by their communities to have attained godhood -- or even demi-godhood -- is very very small. Small even in comparison to the number of folks who attempt to tread what they call the LHP.

I'd love to see some examples of individuals who have used contemporary LHP practices to achieve godhood.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What makes one a LHP Magician?

I. Becoming Aware of your Self and its infinite potential as something unique within the Universe.

II. The recognition of that divine spark infused within your very DNA.

III. Rational Self interest, and honest self-introspection.

IV. The heartfelt Desire to actually Work towards the development of that divine spark within you, i.e. Self-Initiation.

V. The undying aspiration to become more than just the some of your human parts, which includes working towards overpowering your personal fears.

VI. A deep seeded preference for the study and practice of Magical principles as essential tools in your Quest for divine Self-hood, instead of relying on faith and worship. And applying Magic in your life to cause effective change within your Self and in the world around you. You might just surprise yourself, as you only limit yourself by what you think you can or cannot do.

VII. The continual Remanifestation of all the higher qualities, powers, and abilities you attain through your hard work on the Path of Xeper= Self-Ascension. For such is the key which unlocks the doors which lead to even higher states of being, ad infinitum.

VIII. Know when to rest and to take a break in order to avoid Initiatory burnout. However, don't let rest evolve into laziness.

IX. Never break the oath you made to your Self towards actualizing it's divine potential, else you risk loosing all that you have attained.

These are just certain principles that I personally live by in my own Quest of Becoming.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Some more helpful advice: In Magic and Initiation one should never lust for results. Also, let not your life revolve around Magic, let Magic revolve around your life.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Kori Houghton

Restricted
In short,

The Self realization/REALization
of My Own Divinity/Godhood

Are you sure that this type of insight is unique to what you consider LHP? Is it religious? Have you seen the video series Century of the Self on YouTube?

Entertaining topic ongoing over at 600Club which has headed into this territory:

More Don Webb (for your controversial Self) -pg 5 - Satanism Community

Pretty much covers the usual ground in attempting to get the pop cultural distortions from the 20th Century separated from traditional authentic LHP.

blackout

Violet.
Are you sure that this type of insight is unique to what you consider LHP? Is it religious? Have you seen the video series Century of the Self on YouTube?

Entertaining topic ongoing over at 600Club which has headed into this territory:

More Don Webb (for your controversial Self) -pg 5 - Satanism Community

Pretty much covers the usual ground in attempting to get the pop cultural distortions from the 20th Century separated from traditional authentic LHP.

It was a quick attempt at an "in short".

Cain

Nice catch Kori (ahem)

The LHP (and I don't care what they are saying on the 600C) has its origins in Vedic beliefs. Where the Tantric study of Vamachara meant annihilating the physical incarnations and allowing the soul to escape and become no longer part of the objective universe but then a Creative force of the subjective universe.

This became Westernized through Greek philosophy and more recently through Theosophy and Crowley.

The goal is understandably to Become Self - Deified, but exactly what that is can be complex. If we are to resort back to the original Vedic ideas, the LHP seeks to separate from the objective universe, control incarnation, and no longer be a part of the Creation but be an actual Creator (aka god).

Kori Houghton

Restricted
The LHP (and I don't care what they are saying on the 600C) has its origins in Vedic beliefs. Where the Tantric study of Vamachara meant annihilating the physical incarnations and allowing the soul to escape and become no longer part of the objective universe but then a Creative force of the subjective universe.

I take it you are using the terms objective universe and subjective universe to mean what they mean in the TOS? Please correct me if I am wrong about this.

As far as I understand the TOS's OU and SU, I do not see how this is possible within an Indo-European belief system where even a 'creative force' would be part of the universe and subject to its laws.

This became Westernized through Greek philosophy and more recently through Theosophy and Crowley.

I have doubts about this. Firstly, I am not sure the LHP concept originated in India. I think a concept closely related to Vedic beliefs was blended with non-Indo European ideas and entered Greek philosophy. Theosophy and Crowley influenced our contemporary (mis?) understanding of the LHP vs RHP.

The goal is understandably to Become Self - Deified, but exactly what that is can be complex. If we are to resort back to the original Vedic ideas, the LHP seeks to separate from the objective universe, control incarnation, and no longer be a part of the Creation but be an actual Creator (aka god).

Controlling incarnation is not removing yourself from the universe, though, is it? The concept of a god creator that is separate from the universe -- and can exempt itself from its laws -- is not an Indo European concept, as far as I know. Can you give an example, from any belief system, of such a being and such a transformation?

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Some more helpful advice: In Magic and Initiation one should never lust for results. Also, let not your life revolve around Magic, let Magic revolve around your life.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

This, and your previous post are some of the most excellent advice to LHP practitioners I have heard in a long, long time!

Last edited:

Cain

I take it you are using the terms objective universe and subjective universe to mean what they mean in the TOS? Please correct me if I am wrong about this.
Yes

As far as I understand the TOS's OU and SU, I do not see how this is possible within an Indo-European belief system where even a 'creative force' would be part of the universe and subject to its laws.
That's the point, the Creative force (Black Flame) is NOT part of the OU and is NOT subject to its Laws.

I have doubts about this. Firstly, I am not sure the LHP concept originated in India. I think a concept closely related to Vedic beliefs was blended with non-Indo European ideas and entered Greek philosophy. Theosophy and Crowley influenced our contemporary (mis?) understanding of the LHP vs RHP.
No, it originated in Egypt. Vedic beliefs did not have a lot of other cultures to blend with yet. I will have to look into this some more.

Controlling incarnation is not removing yourself from the universe, though, is it? The concept of a god creator that is separate from the universe -- and can exempt itself from its laws -- is not an Indo European concept, as far as I know. Can you give an example, from any belief system, of such a being and such a transformation?
When you have successfully separated your Self from the OU, you then have the Liberation to choose your incarnations or not. Of course this is something I have only read and have never experienced, so another's interpretation is just as valid as mine.