• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Makes Something Sacred?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Ss,

What Makes Something Sacred?
Personal understanding is that which is instrumental in STILLING one's mind [thoughts] are considered *sacred* by the individual. Besides religious books or symbols even sex is considered sacred by many couples.

Love & rgds

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is gardening, exercising....

You can breathe life in, in any posture.

It seems that you see your knees as a sacred thing.

I don't worship my knees.
I don't worship anything in this world.

I prefer to look up.

Saw a meteor split in two, Monday morning.
It was close!
It was really something to see.
But I worship the Creator, nothing else.

blackout

Violet.
I don't worship my knees.
I don't worship anything in this world.

I prefer to look up.

Saw a meteor split in two, Monday morning.
It was close!
It was really something to see.
But I worship the Creator, nothing else.

I said.... you see your knees as a sacred thing.

I did not say you "worship" them.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Getting on your knees and finding it sacred in the act of doing so can also be referring to something different than piety.

Did I just go there? Oh, snap....

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Getting on your knees and finding it sacred in the act of doing so can also be referring to something different than piety.

Did I just go there? Oh, snap....
If he wants to brag about all the time he spends on his knees, that is his business.

Though personally I find it to be a major over share on his part....

Draka

Wonder Woman
See post #76.

Now you go back and try reading it for comprehension because you obviously didn't understand it. Read the entire definition until you actually understand what all sacred means before coming back here and bothering to respond. We simply cannot have a productive conversation with someone who doesn't even know the correct definition of the one word we are discussing. It's like trying to talk about bacon with someone who thinks bacon means carrot. Useless.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Now you go back and try reading it for comprehension because you obviously didn't understand it. Read the entire definition until you actually understand what all sacred means before coming back here and bothering to respond. We simply cannot have a productive conversation with someone who doesn't even know the correct definition of the one word we are discussing. It's like trying to talk about bacon with someone who thinks bacon means carrot. Useless.
Exactly.
Though this is a problem when trying to have a discussion with some one who thinks all one needs is faith that they are right...

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I thought I saw the word....'worship'.... in that definition....

So do you worship dead things?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Exactly.
Though this is a problem when trying to have a discussion with some one who thinks all one needs is faith that they are right...

And a lack of faith in a theological discussion is a trump card?
Really?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
how about this:
you are wrong because i said so...

i don't need to prove anything, so there.
That is basically what his arguments boil down to.
though he does add loads of extra words and arranges them in a nice pretty flower bouquet kinda way. but your above quote is pretty much all that is left when you remove all the fluff and glamor.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I thought I saw the word....'worship'.... in that definition....

So do you worship dead things?

Obviously you saw one word, didn't care about the context, nor bothered to read the entirety of the definition for understanding. Again, go read for comprehension. We'll wait. :beach:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Obviously you saw one word, didn't care about the context, nor bothered to read the entirety of the definition for understanding. Again, go read for comprehension. We'll wait. :beach:

No need to wait.....I have already explained my position.
Rebuttal at will.