• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Makes Jesus The Son Of God.The Son Of God Theory.

Scott1

Binyamin said:
Again, we're sticking to the scripture, not your half-baked, idiotic opinion.
Wow.... in Christianity, we would call this sort of childish name-calling sinful behavior... what is it called in Judaism?

Deut 13:1

Scott1 said:
Wow.... in Christianity, we would call this sort of childish name-calling sinful behavior... what is it called in Judaism?
In Judaism, we read the scriptures themselves, not interpretations of the scriptures, what's this called in Christianity? ;)

Pah

Uber all member
There seems to be a debate going on. I've moved this from Christianity, Discuss Individual Religions

Scott1

Binyamin said:
In Judaism, we read the scriptures themselves, not interpretations of the scriptures, what's this called in Christianity? ;)
The Catholic Church... now answer my question, please.

Scott1

Master Of The Universe said:
your lord is here i am god and i bear no sons or any children for that matter jesus simply tapped the untapped power in the human mind that i have granted you
Well this ought to clear up everything!

Welcome Mr. Troll!

Scott1 said:
The Catholic Church... now answer my question, please.
I don't believe it's called anything. Jesus did the same thing, and the Pharisee's called him on it. If you want to come up with new interpretations, fine, just don't expect everyone to agree with them, especially when they go against tradition AND scripture.

esfahani435

I think that God is God. He can not be compared to human being who needs family , sons or doughters. God is unique. a uniqu being does not need anything such as son and ...

bhakthi

Binyamin said:
Isaiah 7:14 לָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא, לָכֶם--אוֹת: הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה, הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן, וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ, עִמָּנוּ אֵל
KJV: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Exodus 2:8 וַתֹּאמֶר-לָהּ בַּת-פַּרְעֹה, לֵכִי; וַתֵּלֶךְ, הָעַלְמָה, וַתִּקְרָא, אֶת-אֵם הַיָּלֶד
KJV: And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child's mother.

You know, several maid's are married... :rolleyes:

I could go on and point out some other locations where you translate the same word differently, but I don't want to crush the idea that the English translation is divinely inspired.
BHAKTHI-: iF a married maid conceive and bear a child how can it be a sign?
The virgin birth is a sign from God the Lord.

bhakthi said:
BHAKTHI-: iF a married maid conceive and bear a child how can it be a sign?
The virgin birth is a sign from God the Lord.
Again: This has nothing to do with the Messiah. It is a sign for one person, King Ahaz. Are you saying child birth isn't a sign?

nutshell

Binyamin, even if you're reading the scriptures in Hebrew it is still an intepretation based on Jewish tradition and beliefs.

non-duality

joeboonda said:
. . . I just telling you what I know because I love you with the love of Christ.
God is Love. Jesus is one with God. So Jesus is Love. Every person who has unconditional Love loves throught the Love of Jesus. Or through the Love of Buddha.

"Blessed are the pure hearted, because they will see God."

You do not necessarily have to be a Christian to know the truth. But you need a pure heart.
Missing tolerance against other faiths is the clearest sign, you don’t have one.

Popeyesays

non-duality said:
God is Love. Jesus is one with God. So Jesus is Love. Every person who has unconditional Love loves throught the Love of Jesus. Or through the Love of Buddha.

"Blessed are the pure hearted, because they will see God."

You do not necessarily have to be a Christian to know the truth. But you need a pure heart.
Missing tolerance against other faiths is the clearest sign, you don’t have one.
First verse of the Hidden Words (Arabic) says:
"1. O SON OF SPIRIT!
My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting.
(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

44th verse of the Hidden Words (Persian)
"44. O COMPANION OF MY THRONE!
Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed. Live then the days of thy life, that are less than a fleeting moment, with thy mind stainless, thy heart unsullied, thy thoughts pure, and thy nature sanctified, so that, free and content, thou mayest put away this mortal frame, and repair unto the mystic paradise and abide in the eternal kingdom for evermore."
(Baha'u'llah, The Persian Hidden Words)

The Hidden Words were written in two complimentary parts, the first in Arabic, the second in Farsi (Persian). Overall the message is the same but the difference in language demands a difference in presentation.

Regards,
Scott

blueman

God's Warrior
Jesus met all of the Messianic prophecies outlined in the Old Testament and Jewish Talmud. Do you know what the mathematical odds of that happening are? Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in a trillion and I think I am on the low side of those odds. No one else came close when you look at the evidence objectively. God The Father, God The Son and God the Holy Spirit all share the same attributes to deity. That is why they are one, not because they are the same being. :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
blueman said:
Jesus met all of the Messianic prophecies outlined in the Old Testament and Jewish Talmud.
for some reason i don't think the Rambam would agree with you on that one.

but then what the hell does he know:rolleyes:

blueman

God's Warrior
jewscout said:
for some reason i don't think the Rambam would agree with you on that one.

but then what the hell does he know:rolleyes:
I think if the Rambam, or whoever this person is looks at the messianic blueprint outlined by the prophets in the Old Testament and cross-referenced the life of Jesus Christ he would! Otherwise, he is not looking at this issue in an objective manner. :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
blueman said:
I think if the Rambam, or whoever this person is looks at the messianic blueprint outlined by the prophets in the Old Testament and cross-referenced the life of Jesus Christ he would! Otherwise, he is not looking at this issue in an objective manner. :)
right...well blueman please educate me and show me where in Talmud it talks about jesus being messiah here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23269

since apparenlty i don't have a clue:)

blueman

God's Warrior
jewscout said:
right...well blueman please educate me and show me where in Talmud it talks about jesus being messiah here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23269

since apparenlty i don't have a clue:)
Jewscout, What is the messianic roadmap that is oulined in the Jewish Talmud? Whats does it explicitly state about the Messiah? Compared that with the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus. Are there similarities? Nobody is saying that you did not have a clue, but I am asking you to be open and honest in your assessment. Who else in your opinion has even come close to meeting the blueprint? :)

blueman said:
Jesus met all of the Messianic prophecies outlined in the Old Testament and Jewish Talmud. Do you know what the mathematical odds of that happening are? Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in a trillion and I think I am on the low side of those odds. No one else came close when you look at the evidence objectively. God The Father, God The Son and God the Holy Spirit all share the same attributes to deity. That is why they are one, not because they are the same being. :)
Actually, there is someone who got a closer then he did to fullfilling them. *Hint* Rabbi Akiva, one of the greatest Torah scholars, believed him to be Messiach. Can you name him? ;)

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
It is my belief that Jesus WAS a mortal man fathered by Joseph of the House of David. This explains why Joseph didn't have Mary stoned to death (as would have been the practice), why they had to leave the area (to avoid Mary being stoned by the community) and why Jesus was called "King of the Jews" by the Romans and eventually crucified by them. Jesus was crucified because he was a blood decendent of David and therefore the rightous King of Isreal (as apposed to the Roman sympathizing Herrod) and Rome was afraid that he (Jesus) would lead a revolt against Roman control. His divinity, in my belief, was created by his disiples. The New Testiment was written AFTER Jesus death, and it is easy to see that the authors could have took some dramatic license regarding Jesus's birth rather then say he was born out of wedlock.