• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what makes a religious extremist?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not hard to find examples.
Your bias is fascinating to watch. Really!
Atheist Group Forces School to Cancel 3rd Graders’ Live Nativity Scene

Breitbart is of course well-known to be rabidly right-wing, and searches for anything that they can pretend is "typical" of their enemies on the left. But of course, and the example you provide is from OVER THREE YEARS AGO. If atheists are "doing this all the time," one would expect to be able to find much more recent examples.
Appeals Court Upholds California City's Ban On Nativity Scenes

This example is about the competition for the use of public (park) space. It's also from 7 1/2 years ago. But in congested urban areas, the fact is that park space is a limited commodity, and all sorts of people want (and should be considered equally entitled to) the use of that space. If you plan to put up a religious shrine (which is what a creche and nativity scene really is), then you should expect those who would prefer to use the space otherwise to use the U.S. Constition to help decide the issue. And that is what the court did in this case.
Atheist Groups Oppose, “Counter” Nativities Nationwide – Family Council
The Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) has a really tiny membership, and does little in the world. The vast majority of atheists do not belong, and so should not be tainted with the thoughts of this little group -- in exactly the same way that I would not tar all Christians with the brush of Westboro Baptist Church. I do not accuse all Christians of being Fred Phelps clones.

Elihoenai

In the past on these forums I have been accused of being a religious extremist

Which if you know me is plainly ridiculous

Putting me in with The Taliban is both stupid and wrong

But what makes a person a religious extremist?

I say a religious extremist is a person who puts their religion before their humanity and the humanity of others

What do people think?
Being labelled a Religious Extremist is a Compliment and a Requirement for those taking their Religion Seriously. Religious Extremist means Totally Devoted/Committed and Few are Really Worthy of the Compliment.

I Am Ultra Extremist Non-Violent Christian.

Insightful video about Extreme Christianity:

The Republic of King Jesus - Professor Alec Ryrie