• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what makes a religion?

MikeDwight

Well, I was just thinking of a thread I'll put here anyway, that illustrates religion. How did Americans become associated with Presbyterianism instead of Puritanism? That wouldn't be cultural moors like puritanical or prudeness or public modesty changing over night. Scotland is quite full of pubs and the Old World they left, isn't it? Quite a number of cultures can be in the same narrow category, religion.

I think they define the Orthodox split from the naming of the 800's Holy Roman Empire germany , and the 4th crusade attacking Constantinople trying to set up Latin language.

Clearly the Puritan movement disbanded, clearly the offensive actions of Oliver Cromwell Puritans were forgiven, as he wasn't devastating Scotland like he did Ireland, simply put a few in their place concerning the next King Charles. Clearly, Americans are not concerned about a distinction in Westminster Confession reformed Theology Christian Churches. Woodrow Wilson presided over claiming the "American" heritage.

I think religion is of course groups of people that get along on spiritual matters? I don't think your George Bush wanted to setup a religion or scare Muslims on tightly held beliefs compared to secularization.