• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What LHP Books Do You Use?

Liu

My experiences from reading many other books by other LHP authors such as Michael W. Ford in general has evolved my path the way it is, as I have nearly stated this before. My experiences from using Mr. Fords system of Magick has been a self liberating experience for me. I have experienced things spiritually as I have never really experienced it before in my lifetime.
Thanks for replying.
I had hoped for a bit more specific elaborations, though - I haven't read much by Ford so far (and what I read was a while ago and didn't leave any lasting impression that I would remember).

To make a bit more clear where I was coming from with my question:
So far I'm mostly a scholar and a devotional Satanist. While I sometimes (pretty rarely) do rituals, I've never done those from the books I read (except for sometimes adopting texts to use as parts of prayers). In the form the rituals were presented they simply didn't appeal to me, especially since I'm from a rather skepticistic background, but I didn't/don't have the experience to know how to rewrite them.

Also, due to the depressions I get from my gender dysphoria, I don't feel ready at the moment to go too much into the actual practice; even meditating is hard sometimes. But I expect this to change within the next year.

I've nevertheless seen myself growing and changing much in the 4 years that I consider myself on this path, especially in regards to becoming more self-confident and independent, and more open to the whole topic of spirituality in general, and in regards to seeing more clearly the many aspects still to work on.

And so I wanna use my current time to collect ideas in which direction to go next for when I am more ready, and draw from other people's experiences.

When you become a novice within ones dark path you feel a temporary euphoric rush in which I am sure you brought up on a previous thread from Hammerhearts, however that euphoric rush does not last long forever, once that euphoria experience wears off you start to know and wander if your self has evolved and graduated along the Left Hand Path.
While I still consider myself a novice in many regards, the euphoria seems to come to me rather more frequently instead of ceasing. But maybe I'm just turning bipolar...
But well, as I mentioned I'm more into bhakti anyway, and I guess my feelings get enforced by that.

When I was a beginning novice I was more or less into reading some books due to my curiosity of other beliefs within the LHP in which I later chose to incorporate some of those beliefs/systems. I would however say that when ones self evolves knowing and understanding of what his own path is about, than their isn't really a need to read more books and to use these books as the consumer in general in which I have perhaps brought up on my other post. After all a lot of these books that is considered LHP is mainly for the beginning novice in which I do not have a problem with.
I have the impression that reading nevertheless can help inspire and motivate one further on one's path even if one already sees it clearly.