• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Languages Do You Know?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
English, French, and German, although to be honest my French and German are so rusty I wouldn't trust myself to tell you the time in them these days.

Vingt trois heures et sept minute.
Dreiundzwanzig stunden und sieben minuten

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I speak French well enough that Parisians want to speak to me in English. :)

I can read German mathematics, but mostly by reading the math.

English > French > Chinese > Spanish >> German

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
English mostly. Like many Anglo Australians, since we're somewhat uniquely challenged in properly learning alternative languages if we don't get that education via our families.
(Just hard to immerse yourself in other languages here)

I got pretty decent at Tok Pisin (Pidjin) when living in Papua New Guinea, and still retain a little of that.
Had a few words, sentences and phrases in Swedish, most of which I've lost now.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
English and stiff but functional Japanese. Trying to relearn some lost casualness before husband and I take our trip there.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I know a hint of Spanish, and have forced myself into learning some English. My native language in Brazilian Portuguese, albeit with an unusual vocabulary.