• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of religious/spiritual questions do you ask your self?

dfnj

What is the question you ponder the most about during a day when you are focused on spiritual growth? How do you go about finding the answers to it?

My current question I am focusing on is does God choose one group of people over another group people. Is there a "chosen" people is my question.

My method of finding an answer involves google searches, reading a lot commentary and religious texts, YouTube videos, and then interactively talking with other people.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the question you ponder the most about during a day when you are focused on spiritual growth? How do you go about finding the answers to it?
The question I ponder the most is how is it that the mind wants to defeat me, while the spirit wants freedom from that darkness? How I am learning to respond to it, is by first recognizing it for what it is. Then, not energizing it with a forced resistance against it, and simply choosing to not give it a reward and feed it when it comes to the table begging for attention. Calmly ignoring it.

Eventually, since it doesn't get rewarded anymore, it becomes more like a sleeping dog in the corner and you can move about more freely without it nipping at your heels and jumping up and down on you all day. It's training the mind to be an obedient part of your life, rather than letting it rule the day, running around tearing your home to shreds.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
$1000 toilet rolls ?
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...et-paper-as-pack-on-gumtree-for-1000-c-728696

https://thewest.com.au/news/health/...toilet-paper-from-supermarkets-ng-b881480058z

There was even a stabbing !

Imagine if a serious virus gets loose !

Pandemonium !

And the bio weapons lab in Wuhan (300 metres from the market where coved-19 emerged) probably has a few absolute snorters....

How expensive could toilet rolls become ?

We need perspective.

Well thanks for ruining tonight's peaceful sleep...

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Funny, because the questions I ask don't really have answers. They are calls to action.

"What do I want to learn about today?"

"What do I want to practice today?"

Maybe it's a Pagan thing. They are paths of doing and living, by and large.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

how on earth could I believe that when I was young?

ciao

- viole

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I read there are two questions we ask, one or both is

What is our purpose Of life?
Our end journey. Where we want to be. Our vision.

What is our purpose In life?
What we want to do
How we want to be
Our mission

I really don't have a vision.

I ask how do I experience?
Awe, productivity, intimacy, clarity

Some people live destination: leaving your legacy

Some live journey:
Experiencing your legacy

No one better than the other. It's hard to see in the future so I ask how can I experience today.

Another tip. Write a "to experience" (present) list as well as a to do (future). Don't pick. Just see yourself how you want to be and how you are now.

There ya go

The Difference Between Purpose, Mission, and Vision - Aespire Branding and Marketing

For organizations but nice nonetheless

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I note when I do something clearly from a lower, ego motivation. It's not a question because it's a "witness" operating not a questioner.

It can be as obvious as "I'm much better than the rest because I'm doing this spiritual thing".

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The questions I ponder are what am I doing right, and what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix that.

I try to simplify my practice because the more complex it is the less I get out of it.

I'm down to virtues and vices as a moral foundation. I tend to think that life is something we are inventing and there is no paved way from a one true pure source.

Anyways as creatures we are forced to make judgment calls about how we apply our practices. I do not want to be a critical, and damning spirit. But I do have to make judgment calls based on what I consider to be deserving or not.

I aspire to be, more than figure myself to already have attained.

When I study qualities of character I am looking at those meanings objectively and studying how they might apply to circumstances I come across. I find great wisdom in simple language. Language is born out of necessity. Life is trial and error til you get it right.

Bad habits and regret are hard things to face. However I know that the human plight is one of limitations, uncertainty, and flaws. If you don't take care of yourself you can't be any good to anybody.

I have no use for the word perfection in terms of spiritual growth.

Currently I try to unlearn all the bad influences of Christianity.

GoodbyeDave

And the bio weapons lab in Wuhan (300 metres from the market where coved-19 emerged) probably has a few absolute snorters....
We need perspective.
The weapons lab story was launched by one retired Israeli security officer. Yes, you do need perspective…

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
@DavidMcCann
I would expect a retired Israeli security officer to have a better idea than the average punter.
What is the conspiracy theory about his/her motivation ? LOL

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I ask 'how do I hold and live always in a place of peace, love and happiness'. The answer I get is to keep reinforcing the basics until the basics become me.

PureX

Veteran Member
I am not focused much on "spiritual growth", to be honest. I think that comes naturally to us so long as we maintain an honest, humble, open stance in relation to ourselves and our circumstances. One of the reasons I am not religious is that religions are constantly telling people that they aren't who, what, where, and how they are "supposed to be". And I don't by it. I think that once we stop trying to be something other than what we are, we become exactly what we were intended to be, by default. The goal is not to attain some wise, mystical, state of being. The goal is to let go of our deluded, self-centered ideas of becoming some 'new and improved, super righteous holy being' so that we can just be what we are. Because that's exactly what we were always intended to be. And that 'us' is more wonderful than our egos could have ever imagined.

Vee

Premium Member

I keep wondering how much longer I'll be able to stay sane in this world and how much more God can forgive me for my weaknesses. Something tells me my credit rating isn't the best.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I suppose I've stopped asking myself questions about spiritual growth since I've accepted that I don't have any answers.