• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of cell phone will you be carrying in 10 years?

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
10 years ago, my parents were carrying a Nokia cell phone that had a black and white display. The coolest thing on that phone was the fact that I could play the game Snakes.

Since last year, I've had an IPHONE. This baby can now record pictures, videos, audio, has GPS, navigation, maps, holds my notes, over a thousand pictures, several hunded songs, all my calender events, e-mail, internet, and serves as a MODEM for my laptop! And that's not mentioning the hundreds of other applications serving its own unique functions that I can upload anytime.

The change is night and day. I wonder what kind of phones all of us will be rocking in 10 year's time. After the Iphone, it's going to take a lot for another phone to impress me, but it's almost inevitable that something definately will come along and do just that.

I think we're going to have watch style wearable cell phones with more features than the modern phones. Or flexible, waterproof, shatterproof, sort of phones. Retinal scan features, fingerprint authentication, voice recognition, and possibly, predict the winning lottery numbers.

What would you like to see in the futuristic phones, say in 10 years. Given how much has changed in the last 10 years, I'd say almost anything is possible ...

Last edited:

rojse

RF Addict
10 years ago, my parents were carrying a Nokia cell phone that had a black and white display. The coolest thing on that phone was the fact that I could play the game Snakes.

I have that very phone - a Nokia 3310. And yes, Snakes is an awesome game.

I really don't need anything else on a phone besides it to take and receive calls and text messages, have a decent battery life, and be somewhat durable - if I accidentally drop my phone (which I have done several times), I want it to still work, and mine does. I don't need anything more than that.

And before you ask, I am in my twenties, and am the core target audience for your current phone.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I probably won't like cell phones anymore then than I do now, but if I did, I would like a communication device like the ones they wear on their clothes on Star Trek:TNG.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Skype apps or VOIP will replace cell phones. Aircards will be inserted under your skin much like a tattoo and it will make you a walking hotspot with wireless access.

Or this:
stk122096rke.jpg

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
PC's/laptops and mobile phones are growing together. The huge difference between 10 years ago and now is because the mobile phone had to catch up. That's not finished yet, but close to completion. To make the phone's feel nicer all they need to do now is fix the speed. This is more or less done in the OS and right now the right OS seems very important. So for the next few years I am expecting a race, specially between Windows mobile, Symbian and the new Google.
Giving the I-phone as example you also see that the I-phone is used a little more as side-device, e.g. midicontroller or remote device. For apple this isn't a hard task, microsoft will have a few more hardships to get there.

Eventually we won't even call it a mobile phone anymore once people realize it is no longer about calling other people anymore. Textmessages and e-mail are very much integrated allready. Blogs and forums are easilly to follow etc..