• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Kind of Area Do You Live in?

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm confused by the "homeless" answer. Homeless people live somewhere, too.

Anyway, I live in a small town in Western PA.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I'm confused by the "homeless" answer. Homeless people live somewhere, too.

I am not saying they aren't. However, I knew a guy who chose to be homeless and traveled all across the country, never being in a location for more than a few months. I realize there isn't a great deal of people who are like this, even those without houses, but I included it here on this idea that if someone is homeless they might not be in one spot for a very long time; their locations then would be transitional at this point.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Where I live is incredibly diverse ethnically, with mosques, churches, temples all around. The second most spoken language in my area of this city is Punjabi. Other 'second' languages are Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish, and Tagalog. Our new neighbours are from Peru.

Daemon Sophic

I'm not really sure what makes an exurb/small town, as opposed to Rural.
I chose “exurbs”, but I had to look it up. ;)
———————————
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
plural noun: exurbs
  1. a district outside a city, especially a prosperous area beyond the suburbs.
    "the exurbs of New York City"
———————————-
I live outside of what I consider a very small city/large town. It has roughly 300,000 people. While there are areas around here that look like classic suburbs (I.e. house, driveway, small lawn…house, driveway, small lawn…all looking alike….repeat, repeat, repeat……), we’re in individual houses, often on larger strips of land (an acre or less), and tree-covered hilly terrain. But if I sent a drone above the trees, it could still see the 15-20-story buildings downtown in the distance. :shrug:

My city is a blue dot surrounded by a virtual sea of red.
That is pretty common. Higher education and more technical workforce, vs the less well-informed folks in the countryside. Most blue-state maps are red, dotted with blue havens. :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I live in a green and leafy outer suburb of Melbourne (a pretty large city these days, approx 5 million).

Originally, my suburb was a separate town, and the original post office was opened in the 1850s. Believe it or not, that's pretty damn old by Australian standards. It was also home to an artist's enclave, and we have some cool and varied architecture in the area as a result, including mud-brick housing, etc. It's a far cry from the estate style suburbs you usually find on the outskirts of cities.

There is a lot to do in the local area, and we're connected to the city by a fairly good rail network.

Overall, it's a great place to live and I wouldn't trade it.

Vee

Premium Member
Yes. My dream came true. We used to live in a suburb of a big city, with big traffic, big crime, big bad attitude, and big crappy drivers. Hopefully your dream can come true some day.

Thanks. I hope so. The place where I live is not bad and I can walk to work, which is a great luxury, but it's not what I wanted at all. I miss being closer to nature and having a slower place, but I need my job and it's hard to find something decent outside the cities.