• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What Jesus REALLY meant was ...."

firedragon

Veteran Member
You sound like a fundamentalist who are also never satisfied with valid arguments but keep shouting for evidence. ;)
For me it is evidence enough. If you have a better idea, please come with it.
It's very easy to keep laying turds on other people's ideas.
Don't ask if you're not interested in any answers.

I think you are trying to change the subject, it has nothing to do with tolerance or intolerance nor with preaching or non-preaching. But I understand that those subjects are very important to you. ;)

See brother, ad hominem is not an argument.
"For me it is enough" is also not an argument.

It shows that you don't have any, but you ask the same questions I asked you and try to criticise other peoples faith with questions. You should not be questioned you will turn to ad hominem and all kinds of logical fallacies, but you will question others.

Have a great day.

John1.12

Free gift
Jesus is my Lord, not Paul. Jesus never said that after he left a guy, who he never taught, would come along with a new Gospel and that his letters would be converted into "the Word of God" and made equal to Jesus!

It was Peter and Paul who compromised the original Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven. They did not remain true to the Gospel that Jesus taught, the one that got his killed.
Did God tell Noah about Moses? Did God tell Moses about John the baptist ? So you reject all the New testament apart from the 4 gospels ?

John1.12

Free gift
@Barry Johnson , your entire anti-Mormon stance is based on inaccurate information (either flat out lies or half-truths) and hypocritical duel standards. You and I have already talked about many of these claims, I've shared with you correct information, and been blatantly ignored again and again. Frankly, I don't see any benefit in spending my time explaining things again, and watching you ignore them again.
Mormonism is Anti Christian, and I'm not offended by that . Joseph Smith said all the churches were an abomination and the God told him he was to restore things. So its far to say Mormons still hold to this .

Jane.Doe

Mormonism is Anti Christian, and I'm not offended by that . Joseph Smith said all the churches were an abomination and the God told him he was to restore things. So its far to say Mormons still hold to this .
Again, your stance here (including this post) is totally based on false information and hypocritical duel standards.

Colt

Did God tell Noah about Moses? Did God tell Moses about John the baptist ? So you reject all the New testament apart from the 4 gospels ?
I believe some of the highlights of the OT. I've never believed the ridiculous flood story. I've always believed in Jesus to the extent that he was accurately remembered. Jesus didn't leave any writings. I believe Paul was sincere and preached a gospel about Jesus based on his own opinions.

John1.12

Free gift
@Barry Johnson , your entire anti-Mormon stance is based on inaccurate information (either flat out lies or half-truths) and hypocritical duel standards. You and I have already talked about many of these claims, I've shared with you correct information, and been blatantly ignored again and again. Frankly, I don't see any benefit in spending my time explaining things again, and watching you ignore them again.
My position is that I believe the LDS church teaches false doctrines and is in error on all essential matters. Just as Joseph Smith believed ( but the other way round) Now its not for me to say ,your not saved ,because that's not my call to make. I don't know anyone on here personally so I'm hoping people don't take things personally. ' Mormonism ' is not true IMO . Its the Organisation I'm focusing on ,not you . So I'm not being personal .

John1.12

Free gift
Again, your stance here (including this post) is totally based on false information and hypocritical duel standards.
Isn't it fair to say what Lds teach is not the same doctrines that Christianity teaches ? Otherwise why have Mormonism , the temples ,the baptisms for the dead ,the under garments , the 'modern day prophets , the Book of Mormon, the doctrine and covanant s , Pearl of Great price , and all the other different teachings and requirements if its all Just the same . You would agree that Christians teach radically different things to Mormonism . When I first met Mormon missionaries I was completely shocked at what Mormons believe and how different it was to Christianity . I assumed it was just another denomination.

John1.12

Free gift
As an aside ,every Mormon I've ever met ,I've always got on really well in spite of our differences .

John1.12

Free gift
I believe some of the highlights of the OT. I've never believed the ridiculous flood story. I've always believed in Jesus to the extent that he was accurately remembered. Jesus didn't leave any writings. I believe Paul was sincere and preached a gospel about Jesus based on his own opinions.
I don't know anyone that claims Jesus wrote anything down for us ?

John1.12

Free gift
//I've always believed in Jesus to the extent that he was accurately remembered. // Apart from the NT ? How ?

Colt

//I've always believed in Jesus to the extent that he was accurately remembered. // Apart from the NT ? How ?
Jesus is a spiritual presence as well as the Father. I grew up in moderate Christian church so I certainly heard about him there.

Colt

Yes ,because of the bible. Thats my position. Is it fair to say ,what you believe is not bible based or Christian?
No, the Bible says multiple things about the same issues. I believe Jesus is the Christ, that's what a Christian is. But Christianity is sect-divided. There are something like 35,000 variations of the Christian religion and no 2 Christians believe the same thing.

Its fair to say you think your way is the only right way.

John1.12

Free gift
No, the Bible says multiple things about the same issues. I believe Jesus is the Christ, that's what a Christian is. But Christianity is sect-divided. There are something like 35,000 variations of the Christian religion and no 2 Christians believe the same thing.

Its fair to say you think your way is the only right way.
// no 2 Christians believe the same thing.// Every saved Christian believed the same Gospel . Rom 10.9

Jane.Doe

My position is that I believe the LDS church teaches false doctrines and is in error on all essential matters. Just as Joseph Smith believed ( but the other way round) Now its not for me to say ,your not saved ,because that's not my call to make. I don't know anyone on here personally so I'm hoping people don't take things personally. ' Mormonism ' is not true IMO . Its the Organisation I'm focusing on ,not you . So I'm not being personal .
Religion is inherently the most personal thing anyone can talk about, so you're being extremely personal. And again, your stance is based on bad information & duel standards.
Isn't it fair to say what Lds teach is not the same doctrines that Christianity teaches ?
No.

It would be accurate to say that LDS Christianity doesn't teach the same as Protestant Christianity, which both are different than other Protestant Christian groups, and all of those teach different than Catholic Christianity, which is different than Orthodoxy Christianity. They are all Christian faiths, though they disagree on different theological points (hence different denominations).