• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your ultimate goal?

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Where Christians have heaven, Buddhists have Nirvana, students have a good job, and gardeners have a basket of big veggies, what if your ultimate goal as a Pagan? What is that perfect ending point that you're striving for? Do you have one at all?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Where Christians have heaven, Buddhists have Nirvana, students have a good job, and gardeners have a basket of big veggies, what if your ultimate goal as a Pagan? What is that perfect ending point that you're striving for? Do you have one at all?

Commune with all my ancestors and family both living on earth and as spirits. Lets me know who I am not just from the land I live on but through the people who bore me as well.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Not really. I believe that things are cyclical, so having an "ultimate goal" really just means that once it's fulfilled, another one comes up and the process starts again.

For me, it's just another way of saying "longterm goal."

Valhalla. Or be with Freya. But I would rather be with Freya. No offence Odin.

GODS, same. I'll take Folkenfield (Folkvangr) over Valhalla ANY day.

vaguelyhumanoid

I guess to be generally a virtuous person, and succeed in my life (not necessarily defining success in the socially common way). To get the attention and favor of one's gods (on a personal or community level) is the clearest spiritual goal of many paganisms. I've heard that Orphic Hellenism has concepts similar to samsara and nirvana tho.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
My ultimate goal is to become LORD AND MASTER OF THE COSMOS!:D

Or maybe just to get rid of this depression so I can get back to having a working memory, thought processes and an attenti...:confused::oops::rolleyes:

What was the question again?;)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
"Ultimate" goal sounds much too final and a touch melodramatic, thus I wouldn't say I have one. There is no "The End," there is a continuum.

lovesong

Premium Member
My ultimate goal is to become LORD AND MASTER OF THE COSMOS!:D
I don't know if you meant this as a joke but I have known a few practicing magicians who have this goal. :p

"Ultimate" goal sounds much too final and a touch melodramatic, thus I wouldn't say I have one. There is no "The End," there is a continuum.
This is basically how I feel also. My only "end goal" is to be fulfilled both spiritually and emotionally. But ultimate fulfillment isn't something I really have a concept of, to me it just means being happy at any given time.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I don't know if you meant this as a joke but I have known a few practicing magicians who have this goal. :p

I feel that so hard right now.

This is basically how I feel also. My only "end goal" is to be fulfilled both spiritually and emotionally. But ultimate fulfillment isn't something I really have a concept of, to me it just means being happy at any given time.
I definitely meant that as a joke; and yeah, I've known a few people of all sorts who have that really as a goal...at least over their own sliver of the universe...

lovesong

Premium Member
I definitely meant that as a joke; and yeah, I've known a few people of all sorts who have that really as a goal...at least over their own sliver of the universe...
I find this interesting to think about. If a bunch of people have this goal, won't they all eventually have to face off against eachother? There can only be one master of the universe. I just find it kind of funny to imagine them all having a battle to decide who is the -true- master of the universe. I wonder how that battle would go. Maybe a test? Universe Trivia: Winner Takes All!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I find this interesting to think about. If a bunch of people have this goal, won't they all eventually have to face off against eachother? There can only be one master of the universe. I just find it kind of funny to imagine them all having a battle to decide who is the -true- master of the universe. I wonder how that battle would go. Maybe a test? Universe Trivia: Winner Takes All!
lol!
I'm doubting that any human will ever get very far toward that particular goal. If humans ever evolve/transform into ubermensch, perhaps...:D

lovesong

Premium Member
lol!
I'm doubting that any human will ever get very far toward that particular goal. If humans ever evolve/transform into ubermensch, perhaps...:D
On a completely unrelated note. Every time I see you on a thread I stare at your picture trying to figure out what it is. I just realized it's a flower. At first I saw a weird blurry lizard, then a fetus, then something vaguely sexual, then a leaf, and now I finally get that it's a flower. I don't know why on earth it took me so long but this has been an enlightening journey into my weird subconscious, thank you. :tearsofjoy:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
On a completely unrelated note. Every time I see you on a thread I stare at your picture trying to figure out what it is. I just realized it's a flower. At first I saw a weird blurry lizard, then a fetus, then something vaguely sexual, then a leaf, and now I finally get that it's a flower. I don't know why on earth it took me so long but this has been an enlightening journey into my weird subconscious, thank you. :tearsofjoy:
lol! It's a Rorschach test!:p
Do you see the faery in the flower petal?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
GODS, same. I'll take Folkenfield (Folkvangr) over Valhalla ANY day.

I don't think many of us have to worry about Valhalla anyway. It's only the Víkingtrú and Brósatrú on the internet who think they're going to Valhalla if they yell ODIN!!! enough. :rolleyes: My preference is Bilskirnir... banquets, beer, barroom brawling, barfing and barroom buds. :D