• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Religion or Worldview?

What is your religion or worldview?

• Total voters

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What changed?

I became deist as I was fading away from Christianity. It was a sort of landing zone or coasting in neutral. I had always believed in the Hindu gods, even when I was still Christian. I believe(d) them to be personal. I was no longer satisfied with the idea of an impersonal unapproachable remote and uninvolved God as a deist. Hindu philosophies were actually always what I believed, I just didn't know it was Hinduism. When I started learning guitar I put a small picture of Saraswati, goddess of music, learning, speech, arts (now it's a small statue along with Ganesha) in my music area. I believed she helped me. I still believe that because my playing has gotten light years better and easier. So basically she called me away from deism, as if "we're what you're looking for".

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
My worldview is a non-religious (but socio-spiritually active) neo-humanism as propounded by the philosopher and spiritual Guru P. R. Sarkar (1921-1990).
If I put it in another way, my path is a blending of Hinduist type yoga-tantra, Christian service-mindedness, Buddhist dharma-cakra, Islamic brotherhood spirit (extended to all of humanity) and Jain type stress on purity.

Or described in yet another way, it is a blending of Shaeva tantra, Vaishnava tantra, Ganapati tantra, Surya tantra and Shakti tantra (these are five main types of spiritual approaches/techniques, nothing to do with religion).

Last edited:

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Brought up as a Roman Catholic, but converted to atheism in my teens. :p
Buddhist for many years, also explored Paganism. I've been exploring Hinduism for the last couple of years. Main practice is still satipatthana, adjusted for Advaita.
It's been an interesting journey!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@SalixIncendium I'm spiritual but not religious, although I believe in God. Do I fit into your Non-religious category even though I'm not atheist/agnostic or should I just vote other?

I would vote other, because I don’t think your views quite fit into the non-religious category.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular to me means non-spiritual, which is different from non-religious.
Religious is not a synonym for spiritual.
Hence I had to vote 'Other' although I consider myself non-religious.

Atheists or agnostics don't believe or doubt that there is something such as spiritual development or growth.

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

I was raised a Christian (Roman Catholic). Abandoned that years ago, but you can’t deny the influence of anything which was that big a part of your childhood world.
I’m drawn to Buddhism, particularly Zen Buddhism.
But I have recently read two texts in translation, which I am currently pondering; The Baghavad Gita, a Hindu Poem which relates a discourse between Krishna and the warrior Arjuna, and;
The Master and Margarita, a Russian novel by Mikhail Bulgakov. The Bulgakov novel has Pontius Pilate, for me one of the most interesting characters in the Christian Bible, as a central character. Bulgakov’s Christ is an unworldly wandering philosopher, and his brief interaction with the cruel and world weary Procurator of Judea so troubles the latter, that his soul spends 2000 years yearning to resume their conversation. Meanwhile it’s the devil and his retinue who hold sway in Caesar’s world, as a series of Faustian references make clear, but ultimately it’s God’s purpose which the devil serves.

I have no idea what Bulgakov’s personal religious or spiritual views were, other than what I can deduce from the novel; but there is for me a troubled, incomplete, uncertain yet profound spirituality underpinning his world view, and it’s that with which I identify.

RestlessSoul

Hey guyz,

Hope you all good !
I became a Shiva devotee since june 2019.
I started the somwar vrat, i loved a guy and he wasn’t able to tell me his feelings so he used to tell im his friend.
My prayer was that this guyz gives me a positive answer, so i started somwar vrat on March 15th and on May 8th after i told my feelings to that guy ! I swear to god, i never thought i will be able and i didn’t even planned that! I was raining and all and i told him, the guy told me he needs time bc of caste pb and all.So i said do you need time? He sais yes give me some time ill convince my mom.
So i gave him space and then i went to the temple at shiv ling and prayed and tried to put two flowers, white will be positive red negative, the priest chose the white one.
A month later i went to temple and prayed, and asked Shiv Ji that if this guy is my destiny he should call me today, i went out of the temple in a restaurant, heard om namashivaya mantra and he called i was shocked.
After that we met but didnt talk about that.
Then my 16mondays ended.
I went to temple and prayed mata Parvathi and asked for a positive answer and a flower fall after i opened my eyes i was so surprised.
Till that day that guy didn’t talk to me.
After that i didnt understood anything bc it was like more than two months i didnt had any news abt him so i went to temple, the priest puts kumkum and vibuthi and prayed, he puts it on shiv Ling and then on Mata Parvathi (i pray the most) a baby pick the kumkum.
And after that i was convinced and started believeing whtever happens he will be back.
But after three months he erased me from social network two weeks ago and we talk abd he said he dont have any feelings for me...i was so lost...
But i understood it was bc of problems at home he said that, i dont know what to think after having all these signs from ShivJi......
Can you give me your explanation?

People may let you down, but God never will. My advice to you is, ask your God to help you let go of this guy; then look again at all the signs you have received, and try for a new understanding of what the Universe is telling you.

wheatpenny

Quaker/Independent Catholic (dual affiliation)
Christian Witch. By church affiliation I'm a Liberal Quaker, and I also practice Traditional Witchcraft.

John Asher

After a lifetime of dismissive atheism, recent undeniable personal experiences revealed that there is much more going on than I knew. The Book of Asherah resulted from these experiences. I offer this unique text freely and without any need for agreement.

Attachments

• Book of Asherah.pdf
    876.6 KB · Views: 0